Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So apparently Live is still messed up? Party chat doesn't work, game chat doesn't appear to be working, pretty much anything social is busted.

Xbox Support hasn't tweeted in 3 hours, what's going on?

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
So apparently Live is still messed up? Party chat doesn't work, game chat doesn't appear to be working, pretty much anything social is busted.

Xbox Support hasn't tweeted in 3 hours, what's going on?

Probably restoring core functionality (ie. the ability to sign in, play online MP), while social stuff is considered lower priority.

Ultimately it's hard to guess more than that, without understanding exactly what is happening to cause the problem in the first place. Sounds like different people are having different issues, which could potentially mean specific data centers are being strained, not the entire infrastructure.

It's hard to rule anything out, with the unprecedented stress being placed on cloud infrastructure right now.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, still can't see anybody online, can see party invites but they fail upon accepting them.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
We are in the middle of a friday night with part of the world self quarantined and yet there aren't so much people complaining about this, at least not here. Well, at the least for the moment I'm able to download FF9 on PC

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
My friends list was offline ever since 6 in the evening up to deep into the night. It wasn't a huge deal for me since I was playing Deliver us the Moon and after that I watched a movie but my friends complained a lot, which I get.

They find it ridiculous that such a huge and rich company can't get their Shit together. And sure, it sucks but has it really been that bad? I've only been gaming again for two weeks now and before that I was on a break from gaming. But these two weeks were fine for me.

Before that virus showed its ugly face it had been fine for a long long time. I don't even remember the last time there was downtime before that.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was Microsoft's power of the cloud and azure amazingness? Incredible scale, best cloud provider in the world (that's amazon lol)

You're telling me it's not that great?

Age of empires 2 definitive edition had broken online for about 2 weeks for me last month.

I'm in London and the server in New York had lower ping times compared to UK and Germany.

Also even though it was about 150ms ping, the game would eventually take 5 seconds to respond to any command.

Could not play multiplayer and they removed the ability to make Peer to peer games.

From my experience, Xbox live is shit.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed some slower download speeds today while getting games from GP PC, but XBL on my console was fine. No issues with any functionality.

I thought this was Microsoft's power of the cloud and azure amazingness? Incredible scale, best cloud provider in the world (that's amazon lol)

You're telling me it's not that great?

Age of empires 2 definitive edition had broken online for about 2 weeks for me last month.

I'm in London and the server in New York had lower ping times compared to UK and Germany.

Also even though it was about 150ms ping, the game would eventually take 5 seconds to respond to any command.

Could not play multiplayer and they removed the ability to make Peer to peer games.

From my experience, Xbox live is shit.
Great post, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.