Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I have been replaying Ninja Gaiden Black for the past few days and it is as smooth and vicious as I remember from 12 years ago. Can't believe it is playable on Xbox One on my 1080p TV. Too bad the FMVs are garbage at higher resolution.

My OG Xbox wishlist consists of
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer (first one only)
  • JSRF
  • Shenmue 2
  • Burnout 3
  • Midtown Madness 3
  • Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
  • Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
  • Futurama
  • Kung Fu Chaos
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Outrun 2
  • Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (for my kids)
I know some of these are pipedreams because of licensing. but stranger things have happened.
It would be great to play Monkey Ball Deluxe on a better pad. The gamecube pad was perfect for that game in ways the Dual Shock and both Xbox pads weren't. The current Xbox One pad would hold up a lot better I think, even without an octagonal gate.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
My OG Xbox wishlist:

Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Fahrenheit
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future
Links 2004
Mercenaries
Midtown Madness 3
Obscure
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Project Zero
Rallisport Challenge 2
Shenmue II
TimeSplitters 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
XIII

I have no idea if most of these would hold up, but I'd love to give them a try again with the help of a higher resolution and framerate.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
360 wishlist:
Sonic Generations
Crackdown
Mark of the Ninja
Asura's Wrath
Fez
Mass Effect digital releases outside of the EA vault.
Fable trilogy X upgrades

OG wishlist:
Timesplitters 2 and 3
Conker Live & Reloaded
Morrowind

Wishlist of games with music licenses:
SSX Tricky and 3
Burnout 3
GTA 3, VC and SA
PGR series. I bet PGR4 would look great with an X upgrade.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I want all of EA's Xbox The Lord of the Rings games (The Two Towers, The Return of the King and The Third Age), but I highly doubt those will ever happen since WB owns the license now and there's likely not enough demand for EA and WB to work out some sort of agreement.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I only have a few original Xbox games left as I culled all but my absolute favorites. I would love for them to add them all, unfortunately votes seem to not be up for original Xbox games.
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2
  • Halo 1
  • Halo 2
  • XIII
  • Splinter Cell
  • Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Need for Speed Underground 2

Eroke

Oct 27, 2017
360 wishlist

Need For Speed The Run
Need For Speed Most wanted 2005
Need For Speed Carbon
Forza Motorsport 4

OG

Need For Speed UG series
SSX Tricky

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i ain't buying no bloody remaster, gimme LA Noire already MS and R*

Keltic

Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
Loving BC, just completed Dragon Age Origins, played the Mass Effect trilogy a while back as well as Gears of War 2 and 3. Would love to see Dragon Age 2 and Modern Warfare 2 and 3 as well.

inoperativ

Oct 28, 2017
Amsterdam/Paris
Playing NGB at (almost) 1080P is pretty amazing, and it still holds up extremely well! I would *really* like to see a Timesplitters game make it to BC in the future, being able to play 4-player splitscreen at a higher resolution would make for a pretty awesome night in with friends.

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
Had a look on the web store instead on the Xbox One which is where I usually buy these games and it seems and there seems to be around twice as many of these games available on there that I had no idea about. Is this the same for everybody, do they just not list them all on the Xbox One for some reason?

It's almost as frustrating as having to press the See Price button on the Xbox One to be taken to a separate page with the price on.

Does anybody know why these things happen and if they've ever mentioned sorting it out?

EDIT:
There are 432 backwards compatible games on the web store and 159 on the Xbox One itself, that's 273 backward compatible games on the Xbox One including those Sega Vintage collections that I'm really interested in. Crazy.

EDIT 2:
They have the Capcom Arcade Collection listed for £3.39. I can't see any DLC listed for it, is this the full collection?

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Playing NGB at (almost) 1080P is pretty amazing, and it still holds up extremely well! I would *really* like to see a Timesplitters game make it to BC in the future, being able to play 4-player splitscreen at a higher resolution would make for a pretty awesome night in with friends.
NGB looks really great upscaled. Nice to have this game somewhat preserved.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'd love it if Outrun 2 and 2006: Coast 2 Coast were added. I just spent a lot of money on both of those earlier this year (I'm pretty sure only one of them was expensive though)
Unfortunately the licensing issues would prevent a digital re-release, unless Sega went in and removed all of the Ferrari branding like M2 did with the 3DS port.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Personally, I'm amazed that OG Xbox games that previously weren't released digitally were suddenly added on XBL (KOF Neowave is the only example that comes to mind). It gives me hope that other such games will be added in the next batch.

On a side note, I wonder if OG Xbox games that previously weren't BC on 360 could maybe be made BC on XB1. I know Capcom vs SNK 2 was never made BC on 360, but it would be awesome if it was BC on XB1.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be awesome if the first 2 Fatal Frames on OG Xbox could get Backward's Compatibility especially the director's cut of Fatal Frame 2 which only came out for Xbox and had a First Person Mode to play the whole game.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
It'd be awesome if the first 2 Fatal Frames on OG Xbox could get Backward's Compatibility especially the director's cut of Fatal Frame 2 which only came out for Xbox and had a First Person Mode to play the whole game.

Oh yeah, for sure, and with digital copies to boot! I never got around to finishing the first game, so I at least would like to play that. It's easily the scariest game I've ever played. I never touched the second game, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was scarier.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
So I thought MS had to pay Nvidia for the right to emulate OG Xbox games on the 360. Anyone know if something like that is still in effect?

Love the support, plan on playing Kotor tomorrow if I have time.

Otto

Oct 28, 2017
My wishlist, sorted by priority:
  1. Far Cry 2
  2. Splinter Cell Blacklist
  3. Splinter Cell Conviction
  4. Splinter Cell Double Agent
  5. Crackdown & Crackdown 2
  6. Mark of the Ninja
  7. Max Payne 3
  8. Mortal Kombat
  9. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
  10. Lollipop Chainsaw
  11. WET
  12. Spec Ops: The Line
  13. FEAR
  14. Prince of Persia (2008)
  15. Silent Hill Downpour
  16. Condemned 2
  17. Aliens: Colonial Marines
  18. The Saboteur
  19. Velvet Assassin

godzhand

Oct 27, 2017
StilWater
please give me the original Saints Row tomorrow or thursday... its my community's turn now!

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately the licensing issues would prevent a digital re-release, unless Sega went in and removed all of the Ferrari branding like M2 did with the 3DS port.

Yeah, I'm expecting that to be the outcome and doubt it'll make it over. Just y'know, It'd be nice, lol.

Having a blast sucking at Ninja Gaiden: Black. Like Totally sucking. I've even started watching that dude's (0Joebutton0) tutorial videos and I'm still getting wrecked. As long as I'm having fun, I guess. At least I found out how to use the right stick to control the camera, which made a huge difference for me (click in right-stick).

It really just makes me wish NG2 would be added more. At least in that one I could get to the final boss (at least I think it was the final boss).

Oct 27, 2017
For all you Ninja Gaiden 2 fanatics, what's the skinny on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2? Is there more content or less content? Is it too streamlined? I rarely hear anything about it. I know at least that there's online co-op, but that doesn't matter when I'm unlikely to get anyone on that server anymore.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
For all you Ninja Gaiden 2 fanatics, what's the skinny on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2? Is there more content or less content? Is it too streamlined? I rarely hear anything about it. I know at least that there's online co-op, but that doesn't matter when I'm unlikely to get anyone on that server anymore.
I'm not a Ninja Gaiden 2 fanatic, nor am I really that well-educated in the differences to be honest so I wouldn't be able to question completely, but from what I understand there are much less enemies on screen at certain parts and I think the difficulty "balance" is off, or something like that, which lets you cheese your way through some parts.

I'm almost certain that there's more content though, in the way of more modes or extra levels while playing as... Rachel (?) I think? I know people really like some part at the end where the game's framerate slows down to a crawl for some reason, but I'm not entirely sure I made it there or not (I think I made it to the final boss, but it could've been just another boss before the final boss or something).

that's kinda off-topic though

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about 40 hours into a KOTOR replay thanks to this. Man I missed this game, couldn't get my xbox to load discs and didn't want to rebuy another xbox.

They need to add:

Jade Empire
KOTOR 2
Splinter cell 1-3 (although some purists will want 4 I prefer the Xbox 360 version)
Republic Commando
Forza Motorsport
Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF (I didn't know what gems these were as a kid and sold them so please make them available on marketplace).
SSX Tricky

And I'd probably be happy. More is always better, I always wanted to try getting all the way through those Jedi Knight games.

I never played NG Black but I loved 2.
Then everything after 2 wasn't worth playing, so I'm kind of soured on going back to play black.
I wonder if they could remaster 2 and get rid of the ridiculous frame rate drop (literally 2 frames a second) at the giant staircase scene.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
All I want from IG xbox is a focus on Exclusives that have been locked to that system due to no emulation. Stuff like Mech Assault, JSRF, and Panzer Dragoon Orta need to take precedence over stuff easily available elsewhere.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, this whole Xbox One X/OG Xbox/Xbox 360 backwards compatibility thing w/ enhancements is quickly making me a big fan of Xbox and the direction they're taking things. Makes me really optimistic and excited to invest into the Xbox ecosystem, as I'm confident these games will be available and/or possibly further enhanced down the road as new hardware comes out in the years to come. This is in direct opposition to Sony or Nintendo's current apparent philosophies, which is pretty much with each new generation you're shit out of luck with your last gen games.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

They neutered the gore for one, which was unneeded. The excessive gore and dismemberment fit the game well and seeing it largely toned down in Sigma 2 was incredibly disappointing.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I don't expect much the next two weeks due to onex launch -they are probably finalising compatibility and those 4 x enhanced games for next week. Halo 3, fallout 3 and oblivion updated for me today, not tagged as enhanced yet though.

Hope I'm wrong and we get max Payne 3.

IDizzy81

Oct 30, 2017
I'm ready for Morrowind to be announced on the backward compatibility. Kinda weird that it hadn't given the relationship between Bethesda and MS.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready for Morrowind to be announced on the backward compatibility. Kinda weird that it hadn't given the relationship between Bethesda and MS.
I'd be all about this. I had picked it up for the Original Xbox after I beat Oblivion and couldn't deal with the graphics. It wasn't widescreen, though, so we'd still get 4:3.

Status
Not open for further replies.