• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Was bummed to fire up Crackdown to find my save wasn't where I thought I left it (10 years or so ago!). Maybe I uploaded the wrong one to the cloud, but it has basically zero progress :/

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Was bummed to fire up Crackdown to find my save wasn't where I thought I left it (10 years or so ago!). Maybe I uploaded the wrong one to the cloud, but it has basically zero progress :/
I had the same issue, but on the bright side, it gave me a chance to start the game over and hunt orbs again in 4K goodness.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I had the same issue, but on the bright side, it gave me a chance to start the game over and hunt orbs again in 4K goodness.
So it's not an isolated problem? That's freaking weird. I suspected it may have been due to the DLC not being installed, but even after installing it my save was screwed :/ Might try firing up the 360, see if it's the same and maybe re-sync it.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
So it's not an isolated problem? That's freaking weird. I suspected it may have been due to the DLC not being installed, but even after installing it my save was screwed :/ Might try firing up the 360, see if it's the same and maybe re-sync it.
Mine was correctly on the cloud, fully loaded agent with 4 stars on all skills 8-)

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Crackdowns constant progression system is so good. I can't pick up that car, yet, but I can as sure as hell kick the crap out of it.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect mine is more operator error, and that I didn't put the correct save in the cloud before I traded in my 360 years ago

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Grab by the Ghoulies is still great. Never played it before, played the first two chapters earlier. Fun game, one of the few 3D titles by Rare on Rare Replay that still holds up today imo.

Interesting combat system with it using the right stick. Haven't seen many games do that.

a.wd

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Fuck yes thread title change!

Crackdown has me again, it looks so good. In some ways it is a bit basic but it is so clean and is essentially a vertical puzzle game with a mad combat and car driving experience thrown in. GOAT.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I approve of this title 8)

And a big applause to the Backward Compatibility team and the Advanced Technologies team!

Very intelligent gamers is what I'd say these guys are, and thats a compliment.

Bad news for both BC and ATG is, we'll keep nagging you guys for ever for more :D

But still, KRAZY KUDOS!!

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Updates for mass effect 3, gta iv and battlefield bad company 2 this morning. I could see these being the next x enhanced titles.

I hope like hell they don't decide to start a save connected series like mass effect with the 3rd title in the series. I get that the multiplayer is popular for that game, but IMO they really should start with the first game and work themselves forward.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
I hope like hell they don't decide to start a save connected series like mass effect with the 3rd title in the series. I get that the multiplayer is popular for that game, but IMO they really should start with the first game and work themselves forward.
Agreeing on this. I kinda want the rest of the Gears games to get updates too, just picking one from a series is annoying. Both the Gears and Mass Effect series are trilogies you'd like to replay all the games in once they get enhanced.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
xeo4xjF.jpg

One of these days, these will be able to come out of storage and then my drunk eBay purchase for the set won't seem so silly.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyone in the UK who'd be willing to buy me the Forza Horizon Rally expansion on amazon? I'm too lazy to fake an UK adress..

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Shit that's the OG Forza Horizon game looking like that? Almost looks like a early gen XBO game, or are my eyes easy to please?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
They did implement a cap for AC3 so anything goes now.

That's good news. I hope they do the same for GTA4.

Yeah, I played for a bit last night, and it's often smooth (and improved from the original BC version), but I don't love the jumps. I prefer it to playing on 360/PS3, but it's not ideal.

Yeah, I don't mind small drops but fluctuations ranging between 30-50fps are headache inducing, in my experence.

A 30fps lock would feel much better, in my opinion.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit that's the OG Forza Horizon game looking like that? Almost looks like a early gen XBO game, or are my eyes easy to please?
Yes, that's the original Forza Horizon from the 360.

The X emulator is "only" multiplying the original resolution by 3 on both axis (thus 9 times the whole screen), making this game going from 1280*720 + MSAA 4x + FXAA to 3840*2160 + MSAA 4x + FXAA.
It also force 16x anisotropic filtering, making distant textures even better.
Every assets and textures are the original ones.

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Yes, that's the original Forza Horizon from the 360.

The X emulator is "only" multiplying the original resolution by 3 on both axis (thus 9 times the whole screen), making this game going from 1280*720 + MSAA 4x + FXAA to 3840*2160 + MSAA 4x + FXAA.

dont forget the LOD on máx

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

Again, that's not really the case, each game is being touched up manually (or more precisely, the way the emulator handles it is being hand tuned, since the original code is not being changed). There's more to it than just increasing the resolution, and enabling better texture filtering, that's why releasing these enhanced Xbox 360 game takes so much time.

Read more about it here: http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2017-xbox-one-x-back-compat-how-does-it-actually-work

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, that's not really the case, each game is being touched up manually (or more precisely, the way the emulator handles it is being hand tuned, since the original code is not being changed). There's more to it than just increasing the resolution, and enabling better texture filtering, that's why releasing these enhanced Xbox 360 game takes so much time.

Read more about it here: http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2017-xbox-one-x-back-compat-how-does-it-actually-work
I know, he asked if it was the OG Forza Horizon, and to make it simple I answered that.
Note the "only" between quotes, the fact is that the game assets are the originals, as well as the code, so it's the OG Forza Horizon.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
After spending significant time with Crackdown these past few nights, I really hope that Microsoft pushes out enhancements for the games that they published last generation. Specifically, I am hoping to see these titles getting upgrades soon:

Alan Wake
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Kameo
Viva Pinata 1 & 2

Additionally I hape they can sort out the licensing issue and make PGR (4 preferably, but 3 would work to start) along with enhancements available.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
FWIW I played Alan Wake at 1080p/60 on PC and it's really something compared to the 360 version, which I also played.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Has anybody else noticed some bad stuttering Fable Anniversary since the X enhancement patch? It's much choppier than before the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.