• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Dead or Alive 3:

h9W0XLj.jpg

PniUM1K.jpg

rKkqxvR.jpg

4KkMwtu.jpg

cGNQG2A.jpg

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Went back to Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate after playing 3, and I don't see Hitomi yet… :(
Uh oh :(

I wonder if there's a technical hitch preventing it from seeing the DOA3 save file.
This will suck if she can't be unlocked.

edit: I see some other methods of getting her unlocked though, from googling around, like this:
"The method is supposed to be play Ein in Story Mode and if you have a DOA3 or DOAXBV save after the Tengu fight Hitomi will be unlocked."
wtf that's not how I remember it

Dec 23, 2017
They did when they were originally released on the Xbox in 2004, but those Original Xbox Live servers have been shut down for over a decade now.

Yeah, I noticed that too! I was wondering why the characters each had four costumes.

I see, so DOA 1 Ultimate, DOA 2 Ultimate, and DOA 3 don't have online functionality anymore because they were released on the original Xbox?

As for DOA 3, there is version 3.1 and version 3.2 that Japan got, right?

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Anyone managed to get Dead Space 2 to loaf since the update? I keep getting the "Getting your game ready" message before "something went wrong".

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I honestly don't know what I'm more excited about. The Halo Infinite Beta or Skate 2 and the TimeSplitters games becoming BC! Either way today is a amazing day!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Does Max Payne has some enhancements to image quality?

Looks pretty much the same to me as the 360 version.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Hilarious looking up sold listings for these games on ebay and a string of "Sold Nov 15" on the first page

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
My Max Payne 2 Disc (Pal) and Digital Max Payne 3 are not showing up/working. Frustrating as they are the two I'm most excited about.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I forget and I'm too lazy to check right now, were we able to upload OG Xbox saves to the cloud when using a 360? And if so, are those saves used for BC?
Even worse, is if you own any of the Original Xbox games that were made available digitally on Xbox 360, apparently they don't transfer over as part of your owned games library.

Super lame. I really don't want to purchase them again.

Edit: Hmm, I wonder if a reboot will "remedy" that. Anyone else own previously own the digital versions and have them working?

Last edited:

NoruChan

Sep 16, 2021
I have yet to test my copies of otogi 1 and 2 but maybe.... is there hope for a fix to the inverted camera right analog stick? i tried it not long ago and it was terrible

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
So if I've read the news on this correctly, this is the last OG Xbox/Xbox 360 BC update entirely? I like a lot of the games on offer here, but it seems like there's about 60ish original Xbox games? Especially given the fact that the lineup is apparently fully hamstrung by licensing, it feels more like a nicely arranged set of remasters rather than anything I would have previously called "Backwards Compatibility" when 90% of the library is still a paperweight on Xbox One/Series X. Just a shame both Microsoft and Sony don't seem to see any value in long-term preservation past a very meager threshold.

Like, no "backwards compatibility" implementation in the history of video games has ever been perfect 100% replication, but this by far has to be the only thing actually called "BC" where the majority of the console in question's library is unplayable. On the other hand, what is playable is very smooth, but is it worth it? I don't know.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm assuming because those were published by Activision.
Yeah, for stuff like Wolfenstein 2009 for instance that's not even available digitally on PC any more, it got delisted. I assume those things are in licensing limbo.

Did we know if the Far Cry 3 that's FPS Boosted is the 360 or XB1 version?

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
It's like Christmas for me today!! Sonic Unleashed at 60 FPS is what I've been wanting forever. Sad no JSRF, but everything else is awesome.