• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020

Found first on reddit

Press release for Wo Long confirming it coming to other platforms that was planned for June 14th

Another press release also dated June 14th for Persona 3, 4, and 5 coming to PS5 and Steam

Official Atlus Persona series website still only says Xbox and Windows, so the embargo is still in place it seems

persona.atlus.com

Persona | Official Website

EXPERIENCE PERSONA ON MODERN PLATFORMS!

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Well, I have never seen so many timed exclusive announcements from a single show in all my life. Makes sense

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
they probably just want to give themselves a 2 day window where all of the news on these announcements points back to them. Makes some sense I guess.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Not bad, I guess. It was a little confusing at first to see that the Persona games weren't on Playstation.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I refuse to believe this because it's so stupid. I've seen various games that got announced to be going elsewhere while appearing on that show, so I don't know what the catch is for those games.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Or, it could be that the showcase was on a Sunday and most publishers couldn't be bothered to send out a press release on a day they aren't working maybe?
That doesn't make sense as they had no trouble announcing this stuff for Xbox on a Sunday. Also nothing stopped them from announcing it today which is a Monday.

Scheduling tweets is also a thing.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Need all the commercial advantage they can get, especially when it comes to multiplat games from Japan thats coming to PS.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I did wonder how many of those were coming to Playstation and when. I assumed most would be day and date they'd just also launch on game pass at the same time.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I figured the games that don't say anything about exclusive before the trailer it would be obvious. But yeah could have something to do with the extended showcase on the 14th.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this is so weird lol.

anyways, I'm expecting news about a PlayStation port for Silksong be announced tomorrow as well then.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
It might be because the announcements were on a Sunday so they left a 2-day window.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
News cycle moves fast, you hear "X game is coming to Y!" and that sticks in your head. Standard marketing tactic.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't about fake exclusivity, people are so ready to just jump at things and point fingers.

They simply want the focus to be these games are coming to Xbox, it's all to promote their platform. They want those links and stories to only point back to their page and info for a couple of days while their conference is still being shared and received. Then go ham tell anyone you want, it's pretty innocuous

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Its a move that doesnt really matter and everyone will forget about in a few days, but feels so needless.
It might be because the announcements were on a Sunday so they left a 2-day window.
Scheduled tweets are a thing and the Persona pages were already prepared and uploaded after the show with only mentions of Xbox and Windows releases. It was intentional.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Whats the point if it was 2 days or even 7? The outcome is still the same..

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Timed Press Release Exclusive
World Premiere

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I swear when the biggest outrage/blowback coming out of a platform holders yearly showcase is 'press releases might've been held back for 48hrs' it's been an alright year.

Long past the days of 158 page threads about the possibly exclusivity of Tomb Raider or Diablo 3.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Is that even legal?

But seriously, it's just marketing. They want Xbox to be the first thing associated with these games. Lots of companies do weird little marketing things like this.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
Is this even true? Cacoon is on nintendo youtube channel today, and that was at the show yesterday

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably cause the showcase was on a Sunday and they wanted to ensure the conversation extended into the early week.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
A pretty stupid and petty thing to spend money on. Congrats, people think you have exclusives for two days.