Oct 25, 2017
mall doors don't open until 10:45 est. doesn't seem to be anyone waiting outside the mall, but I have a paranoid feeling that people found their way inside somehow and there's already a line inside. I hate this.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Is the MS store going to have All Access today? I feel like that store will be a little less busy than walmart and best buy but I don't see a link for it yet.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
that's what I plan on doing. Having several sites open to preorder for in store pick up. I don't understand why so many are waiting in line. Am I making a grave mistake?

Waiting in line eliminates the worry, especially if the store has posted how many consoles they have. Online runs the risk of multiple sites crashing and giving you no guarantee of a console even if you're ready exactly on time and do everything right.

North America is THE market for Xbox, demand will likely be far higher than anywhere else. Not out of the realm of possibility to see many online retailers struggle to meet that demand.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
My GameStop didn't put up a fucking sign so there's like 10/11 of us waiting so far...expecting some to be disappointed (someone in line mentioned a store like 2 miles away only has 4)

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm really looking forwards to sitting down to lunch, knowing I'm squared away. There's nothing worse than missing the first batch and constantly worrying about when the next batch goes live, and whether you'll be in a position to act on it.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
How does the xsx preorder link work on amazon ? Do I refresh it at 11 EST and it comes up as a regular item to buy ? I have $530 in amazon credit so I def need to get it from there

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
HAHAHAH HOLY SHIT.....there was 8 people here but all of rhem in their cars.

Im second in line with a chair and coffee. fuck yessss

hopefully this place has at least 2 Xs

That reminds me of the ps2 launch when everyone ran out of their cars who weren't in line and rushed the people giving out tickets. That was a blast.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
How does the xsx preorder link work on amazon ? Do I refresh it at 11 EST and it comes up as a regular item to buy ? I have $530 in amazon credit so I def need to get it from there
You'll see the product with a link, and it won't say 'These items are currently unavailable' anymore. When you continue, you'll get one in your cart, and then you check out.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
There's 3 we've seen so far:

Gamestop:
Will pay $200 for your Xbox One X in store

Amazon:

Amazon Trade-In: Get Paid for Your Used Items

Trade in Fire tablets, Kindle E-readers, streaming media players, and more for an Amazon.com Gift Card.
They will pay $189 for your Xbox One X

Microsoft:

Microsoft Trade In & Recycling Program - Microsoft Store

Trade in an eligible used device for rebate after purchasing a qualifying device from Microsoft Store.
They will pay $165 for your Xbox One X
Awesome; thanks for the summary!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I am so worried im not getting a pre-order. Really do want one day 1 haha. I want t get started with the raw power baby

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
I was able to pre order both a series X and S this morning on Amazon UK, the Series X for me and Series S for my wife it will be a nice upgrade over her old Xbox one.

Thank you to all those that posted all the helpful links. Good luck to the rest of you who are pre ordering today.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I am so worried im not getting a pre-order. Really do want one day 1 haha. I want t get started with the raw power baby
For me it's not about day 1. I don't mind if it's a day, or hell, a week late. What I want, is to know it's sorted. Then I can put it out of mind until I get it in hand, vs needing to be ready scramble at a moments notice whenever allocations show up.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized I pass a GameStop on my way to work. Curious to see how many standing in line for pre orders now.

time to jump in the shower and head to work

Apr 30, 2019
Waiting in line eliminates the worry, especially if the store has posted how many consoles they have. Online runs the risk of multiple sites crashing and giving you no guarantee of a console even if you're ready exactly on time and do everything right.

North America is THE market for Xbox, demand will likely be far higher than anywhere else. Not out of the realm of possibility to see many online retailers struggle to meet that demand.

ok now I'm scared. This is my first time pre-ordering a console and I don't want to miss out!

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I really want a Series S, but getting a PS5 preorder was the biggest thing for me and I managed to get that. So I won't be super disappointed if I miss it, but still want to get it out of the way