Votes: 2,141 37.2%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,687 29.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,935 33.6%

• Total voters

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah bro I'm having the same problem. Where do I put this thing?!

luxury-living-room-picture-id460583931
Same, dude.
76904774-catherine-s-palace-ballroom-hall-in-tsarskoe-selo-pushkin-st-petersburg-russia.jpg

(more seriously, based on the relative size of the controller i just checked and the cubby where my launch 'bone is sitting is just barely big enough, probably only an inch or less of space overhead. this really does seem like it's intended to be treated more like a miniature PC tower than anything else)

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The name does not jive with me

I feel "series x" makes it seem like it's the first of something more. It does not instill buying confidence. Makes it sound like there will be a new "series/hardware" a year later.

Xbox Unity sounds good to me. Backwards and forwards compatible, the hub of all things xbox in one.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wow will be fantastic. Love the design. Prob will lay it on its side in my setup.

Also lol @ the "where am I gonna post it" meming that's going on here

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
I don't like the name, but I love the "Power your dreams" thing.
And the design looks classic, as we can put it on the side. So perfect for me.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
The GameStop interview says it I believe, or the official press release

I might be blind, I've read the article twice and I'm still missing it. Only thing I see related to orientation is

" To Spencer's point, the Series X design makes sense from an engineering standpoint. In an effort to make the console "disappear" into your entertainment center, Microsoft designed it to be as quiet as possible: with a single, large fan pushing high volumes of air out of the top. "

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I might be blind, I've read the article twice and I'm still missing it. Only thing I see related to orientation is

" To Spencer's point, the Series X design makes sense from an engineering standpoint. In an effort to make the console "disappear" into your entertainment center, Microsoft designed it to be as quiet as possible: with a single, large fan pushing high volumes of air out of the top. "

Xbox Series X will be our fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility, allowing you to bring your gaming legacy, thousands of games from three generations and more forward with you. Its industrial design enables us to deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way, something that is critically important in delivering truly immersive gameplay. We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation. It's bold and unique, very much like our fans around the world and the team of collaborators and innovators who built it.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
For those who dislike the design, what specifically don't you care for? Just the size or the actual shape?

I personally like simple, minimalistic tech like this. I wouldn't want some ugly, angular thing that screams "gamer" like a Razor or Alienware product. This thing looks clean as hell.

Name sucks, though.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Series X will be our fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility, allowing you to bring your gaming legacy, thousands of games from three generations and more forward with you. Its industrial design enables us to deliver four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way, something that is critically important in delivering truly immersive gameplay. We also designed Xbox Series X to support both vertical and horizontal orientation. It's bold and unique, very much like our fans around the world and the team of collaborators and innovators who built it.
Thanks, I literally kept missing it. Good to know.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously? Move the Switch to the left, center this thing on its side so it looks like a center channel, put the AppleTV under Baymax because it's freaking tiny. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

I tried to get some boxes/magazines together to emulate the approximate height (imagine depth less). It lacks a Feng Shui for sure:

VNSOfli.jpg

Aug 26, 2018
Are we sure its going to be $499? I thought they were aiming for $399 this time.

The general talk around Era was 299$ for Lockhart and 499$ for Anaconda. 399$ was the talk around PS5 as far as I know.

I can see it at that price. I'll take it. There's going to be multiple consoles, right? Let the poors have their lower specs. Give me the X.

Looks like it, will be interesting. 599$ historically hasn't taken off in the console space.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I like the design a lot. I think it's going to be smaller than it appears. Looks like maybe 5.5" - 6" x 5.5" x 6" x 11" - 12" using the bluray slot for scale.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Still think the name might cause issues. I like the name but they're definitely tip toeing I to WiiU territory.

They should probably clear the channel of One S and One X console well before this thing releases.

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
So the top part is the only exhaust? Interesting design, but it's gonna be iffy putting that on it's side into a shelf that doesn't have enough space on the sides to move air around.