BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
LOL it's a box. A nice looking box at that!

How much does it go for? I'm still rocking my PS3 because you can mod them out the wazoo. Still waiting on the XBO to be opened up. PS4 is already done, so I'll pick that up next when I see a good deal.

On topic a bit, I am partial to the Slim PS3 design. Which, most people don't know, has a hidden LED.

I'll post it in a second.

Edit* here you go!
6g27yvp68zp51.jpg

Sony decided last second to disable those. Every Slim has it. If you look at your own, you can see the slight translucent area there.
My man!

Last edited:

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I went from disliking both of the next-gen console designs when first revealed to now loving both of them. I disliked the PS5's design even more (though it was never going to stop me getting one, day one!) than the Series X, but both of them look really nice in person, in their own unique ways. Series X is sleek, minimalistic, elegant, PS5 is bold, premium and futuristic looking. Delighted to have both sitting in my entertainment centre.

badabeezy

Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks good. Not best ever. Now if you say best "designed" which I see as a combo of engineering and looks then I would say yes. The teardown of this thing is insane. The quality of parts in that form factor is nuts.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just expressing an opinion based on an observation. I don't think it's as easy to separate the engineering from the design.
I dont understand why you quoted me. I simply stated that i like the series s design more. Nothing about the engineering will change what I find more pleasing to the eye. So in that regard, it is easy to separate engineering from design

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Agreed. It's definitely up there and a huge contrast to the ugly and over stylized PS5. It's also an engineering wonder. Microsoft has come a long way since the original Xbox.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand why you quoted me. I simply stated that i like the series s design more. Nothing about the engineering will change what I find more pleasing to the eye. So in that regard, it is easy to separate engineering from design
Because I disagreed with the S being better. Why so sensitive?

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Just like every receiver is the best looking receiver of all time as they are all black boxes.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
It's minimal to the point of being boring. I have my One X and I feel the same way about it. It's way too safe and Sony has gone off the deep end in the other direction

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I like it, it's well designed, but it's no Gamecube or PS2 Slim. And I'd say the S is better designed this gen.

Oct 25, 2017
It's so boring. Even the Xbox One S and X look better than it just because they have some originality to them, and I think those are a bit boring too.

The GameCube, PS2 Slim, Super Famicom, and the PlayStation are my favorite console designs. The PS3 Slim is solid too.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There are only TWO right answers.

Xbox_One_X_Screenshot_05.0.jpg

51-toNb6MzL._AC_SX522_.jpg

I personally find the design of the XsX rather ugly, particularly the grill at the top.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
I really like the Series X's aesthetic and its highly impressive from an engineering perspective, but it's not the best looking console ever.

I think the ps4 slim is the best looking console of past 5 years, followed by the Series S.

71PGvPXpk5L._SL1500_.jpg

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
After having the console for 1 day I can honestly say that this may be the best designed console I have seen. It looks so stylish and modern yet very clean and elegant with a less is more approach.

I agree, but I have to say PS5 also looks good - much nicer in person then I expected - which is strange for such an unusual design.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I understand how someone might find the Series X design inoffensive and minimal but definitely not best design ever. It's quite generic and it's proportions are problematic and a bit impractical. Series S is quite a bit better since it at least makes a statement with the black vents.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely one if the best looking consoles ever for me. The split motherboard design is what impressed me the most especially when looking at the form the PS5 landed with, they really did well to compact it as much as they have.