Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Saw this shared on Twitter. It's being reported by a French gaming site in reference to sales on Amazon France. The relevant bit (Google-translated):

We have to believe that the presentation held last night convinced many people to make the purchase. Not for the new Xbox Series S, but for the Xbox Series X, which rose to the top of Amazon sales by taking first place, with an increase of 1,335%, just that.

Article here (in French).

Kiryu

Jun 23, 2022
I think its no surprise starfield will be the Xbox seller. It's not for me but, I can see why people are excited for it

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
It should be noted that it has since fallen to number 73, behind multiple variations of the PS5 and Switch. Also, the article was solely talking about the Series X, not the S. I'm not sure the Series X was actually the top seller on all of Amazon since I didn't look two days ago, but I think the article may have confused the movers and shakers category (called Baromètre des ventes on Amazon France) with the overall bestsellers list, which are two different things.

For anyone that wants to look for themselves: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=zg_bs_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

Note: It's going to fluctuate a decent amount since Amazon's best-sellers list is an hourly chart

Some other interesting placements, TOTK is still no.1, the Starfield controller is number 2, Final Fantasy XVI is no. 3 (again, these are all bound to switch up every few hours)

Last edited:

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's what happens when there's a game releasing that people actually want to play.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Yep, I know a few coworkers are gettin a xbox for Starfield. I hope there's a limited edition Starfield Console.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Starfield looks incredible. It's no surprise as a system seller.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn.

Well, can't say it doesn't make sense. Starfield looks amazing.

For all our sakes, I hope it delivers!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Continue to be baffled by the Starfield hype but it seems to be resonating with people.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to have been short lived as the Series X dropped back down to #73 for overall best sellers but it shows promise that the game can move consoles closer to release.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
While I was not a fan of the presentation itself (Seriously Todd Coward is a complete black hole of charisma), I found Starfield really fascinating. So I will be keeping my ear to the ground, so to speak.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It probably needs to be number 1 for higher than an hour to be considered a system seller :p

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
It should be noted that it has since fallen to number 73, behind multiple variations of the PS5 and Switch. Also, the article was solely talking about the Series X, not the S. I'm not sure the Series X was actually the top seller on all of Amazon since I didn't look two days ago, but I think the article may have confused the movers and shakers category (called Baromètre des ventes on Amazon France) with the overall bestsellers list, which are two different things.

For anyone that wants to look for themselves: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=zg_bs_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1

Note: It's going to fluctuate a decent amount since Amazon's best-sellers list is an hourly chart

Some other interesting placements, TOTK is still no.1, the Starfield controller is number 2, Final Fantasy XVI is no. 3 (again, these are all bound to switch up every few hours)

It seems to have sold out since you can't add to cart, so i expect it's rank will continue to fall. I guess well see how quickly restock shows up now that microsoft has claimed to finally up the supply of series x. I expect series s will take a dip in sales until the 1TB unit launches and well probably see some very aggressive bundles with the old 512GB version.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Continue to be baffled by the Starfield hype but it seems to be resonating with people.
Skyrim is the best selling SP only game of all time. Fallout 4 shipped 12 million copies in 24 hours. There is hype for Starfield because people love BGS games. It also looking like one of the most ambitious games ever made helps too.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
That's an impressive increase but it's hard to say how impressive without knowing the actual sales numbers before the increase.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
It seems to have sold out since you can't add to cart, so i expect it's rank will continue to fall. I guess well see how quickly restock shows up now that microsoft has claimed to finally up the supply of series x. I expect series s will take a dip in sales until the 1TB unit launches and well probably see some very aggressive bundles with the old 512GB version.
They can disable adding to cart if you are not from the region, if that is your situation. They did that for the US stock of XSX as well.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Baffled? It isn't my exact cup of tea but the hype is as straightforward as possible: giant, robust outer space exploration RPG with seemingly tons of time/money put into it by the same people who made Skyrim.

As someone that was previously baffled until last Sunday, I don't know how anyone could watch the deep dive for it and not understand the hype for it

Skyrim is the best selling SP only game of all time. Fallout 4 shipped 12 million copies in 24 hours. There is hype for Starfield because people love BGS games. It also looking like one of the most ambitious games ever made helps too.

I'm not even that into Bethesda games but I'm baffled by that take. It's the first RPG in nearly a decade from the team that makes arguably the most popular RPGs ever made.

It looks exactly like the Elder Scrolls/Fallout formula in space. Dunno just doesn't seem awe inspiring to me in any way shape or form.

Jun 1, 2023
Makes sense, it's the first exciting exclusive Xbox Series game really. Similarly, Sony will probably see a boost when Spider-Man 2 comes out.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely sounds like a you problem. Even if it's not your type of game if you can't look at that presentation and understand why people are excited then you're willfully trying to not understand.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
They can disable adding to cart if you are not from the region, if that is your situation. They did that for the US stock of XSX as well.

Yeah, the ps5 standalone and digital systems also have the same thing where I can add it to cart but not buy it instantly and I'm in the US. It says all three are in stock and has delivery dates for them, so I think it's just some items don't have every option available outside the host country.

It seems to be in stock. I can add it to my cart. It's similar to the PS5 standalone and digital standalone in that way, I think they may just have a bit of restricted access to people outside of France.

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It looks exactly like the Elder Scrolls/Fallout formula in space. Dunno just doesn't seem awe inspiring to me in any way shape or form.

That's like saying "wow, RDR 2 looks just like historical GTA"

sure, so? It's not like there are many developers making games like that or games like TES. It's their thing, they will stick to it, its what they are loved for.

Jul 7, 2021
But, but Era told me that if you release games day one on PC, everyone dumps consoles and buys a PC. It's why Sony doesn't do it... I'm confused.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
The increase is noticeable, but it's still far from being a top seller in the video games category : Series X is 73rd, Starfield 79th, Series S not in the Top 100. We'll see if they can keep that momentum.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
But, but Era told me that if you release games day one on PC, everyone dumps consoles and buys a PC. It's why Sony doesn't do it... I'm confused.

You are taking potshots at people based on a very small window and based on limited data. If this maintains for months leading up Starfield launch sure, but it's a little combative to be like this immediately at the first sign.

Jul 7, 2021
You are taking potshots at people based on a very small window and based on limited data. If this maintains for months leading up Starfield launch sure, but it's a little combative to be like this immediately at the first sign.

Xbox has continued to see growth for a long while after starting to release games day one on PC. This isn't a case of just one game and just one uptick.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Good software helps sell hardware. It's that simple. I mean, we don't know that the game is good without it in our hands yet, but all signs point to it being pretty rad.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Same. I'm not sure if I'm being too cynical on this or wondering how people are ready to eat up "Skyrim meets Fallout with guns in space at 30 FPS", but this should be a heads-up for Microsoft about how to get things done and avoid a Redfall fiasco again.