dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Having a small issue with the Series S. It'll turn off my TV but won't turn it on. I noticed the settings are different in "Device Control" compared to the Xbox One in that you can't put in your TV model or infrared code. Instead, this is using HDMI-CEC to control it. So if it is able to turn off the TV why can't it turn it on.

I have all the boxes checked. My TV is about 10 years old.

Nov 4, 2017
I'm noticing audio clicking through either my sound bar or headphones. Hearing it during games and when selecting to download games. Can replicate it 100% when clicking 'Install' on a game. Hearing it a lot on the main menu / map screen of Watch Dogs Legion.

Update - Eliminated the problem being with the soundbar or TV as it still happens when both are off and just using headphones.

Last edited:

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just got my Series X powered on for the first time and I plugged in my 8TB external hardrive where I kept all of my Xbox One Games. Now, my question is regarding cold storage for Series X optimized games. I saw that the games that were optimized had a symbol that pretty much indicated you could move it. Once I hit it, it said there is an upgrade and started downloading a massive GB update, but I noticed it was also showing in my internal hardrive.

So my question is, should I move this games manually, would that avoid that massive download? Or should I just let it do it's thing. When I hit that upgrade prompt, does it copy or move the game? Is there any way I could accidentally play a game from the external hardrive and miss on the enhancements? I just want to know the best way to do this.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
sigh... now DMC SE wont load anymore. Just crashes when i try to load into a level.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If anyone's good with TV/refresh rates in here, I have a small problem.

My TV is the Samsung Q60R, which does have a 120hz refresh rate. The One X worked fine using it if I put the resolution to 1440p or 1080p. However, the Series X isn't detecting it, even if it's set to 1440p or 1080p. It's not a big deal, but I would like to figure this out.

Oct 29, 2017
Quick question: nothing wrong with my system. I've decided to stop using "instant on" mode, so is it better to turn off the system normally, or go the extra step by going into the menu and doing a "full shutdown?" Some googling has led me to believe it still draws power unless you do full shutdown?

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I have a LG CX. I switched the input to PC mode/label. But my TV keeps resetting it back to "XBOX" or detecting the Xbox. How do you turn off the detection? I have to change it back to PC every time...

Helios_Hutch

Oct 27, 2017
Got an LG B9 hooked up to a Sonos Playbase and Series X and I'm experiencing an extremely strange issue where it looks like enabling the VRR feature on the Series X is introducing audio lag with Dolby Digital (Bitstream). I've tried turning off other video mode features in isolation and only disabling the VRR gets rid of the delay.

It's very strange as with VRR enabled I don't get any audio lag when the output audio is set to stereo (uncompressed).

I've tried changing every single sound setting I could find on the TV including making sure passthrough is enabled and the Bypass setting is checked, nothing seems to fix the audio lag with Dolby Digital apart from turning off the VRR...

My setup is Xbox Series X/PS4 Pro/TV set top box all plugged into the B9 via HDMI, then I run an optical cable out to my Sonos Playbase.

I don't get any delay with my PS4 Pro and set top box outputting Dolby Digital (Bitstream), nor did I get any delay with DD using my Xbox One X.

Any ideas?

I've got a new HDMI 2.1 cable arriving on Saturday that I'm going to try as the only thing I can think of is that maybe the supplied 2.1 cable isn't the best quality, but otherwise I'm stumped.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from Series X OT

Soooo.

When I put in the discs for Assassin's Creed Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion, nothing happens??? I don't see anything popping up or even an option on the dashboard to select the game that's in the disc drive.

Please help.

Cronosblade

Oct 27, 2017
So confused - I started a return with MS due to my graphical glitches you can see earlier in topic.

email instructions say send console only - but the guy I talked toon call with support said send everything?

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
My XSX stays on while I download stuff and move things from the external disk.

My controller is turned off. When I turn it on, it shuts the Xbox off.

Any solution to this please?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yakuza will not load past the initial boot screen. Has anyone experienced this? Is it having trouble pulling my Onex save from the cloud? Other games have all booted up fine

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017

Soooo.

When I put in the discs for Assassin's Creed Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion, nothing happens??? I don't see anything popping up or even an option on the dashboard to select the game that's in the disc drive.

Please help.

Any chance you put them in upside down?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
ok, this is anew one (to me), using the prime video app the format/aspect ratio cycles through a few different formats every few seconds. ive tried setting it using my TV remote and it just continues to cycle as the media plays. i dont believe it to be a TV issue, it works fine on my x1x (still hooked up), and havent checked other media apps. help?

any ideas here? super annoying still on going

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Got an LG B9 hooked up to a Sonos Playbase and Series X and I'm experiencing an extremely strange issue where it looks like enabling the VRR feature on the Series X is introducing audio lag with Dolby Digital (Bitstream). I've tried turning off other video mode features in isolation and only disabling the VRR gets rid of the delay.

It's very strange as with VRR enabled I don't get any audio lag when the output audio is set to stereo (uncompressed).

I've tried changing every single sound setting I could find on the TV including making sure passthrough is enabled and the Bypass setting is checked, nothing seems to fix the audio lag with Dolby Digital apart from turning off the VRR..

[Snip]

I don't have the same issue but it sounds similar, as in, hdmi 2.1 similar. I encounter issues when selecting Dolby Atmos bitstream out when the refresh rate and resolution is 4k/120. My soundbar will keep cutting out every few seconds.

I've got the Xbox connected via hdmi to the TV using the supplied cable and then earc hdmi from the TV to the soundbar using a different 2.1 cable

I was going to update the firmware on my soundbar and see if that helps

Sony XH90
Sony ht-g700 soundbar

My One X controller works exactly the same on the XSX as my One X - very occasionally it doesn't register an input if I press the edge lightly but otherwise fine. Surely the console can't be the problem?!

I have the same issue with my Y button, bit annoying at times when I forget and instinctively just brush it

Last edited:

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
All three of my new controllers for my XSX don't register the A button consistently unless I hit them firmly in the centre. If I press them slightly to the right then they register maybe 50% of the time. I have tested them with my One X and they have the same problem there.

Here's an insane question: is there ANY chance this is a fault with my XSX console rather than the controllers? I'm not even sure how that would be possible, but my friend has an XSX he doesn't need anymore so I have the opportunity to take that and send my one back as faulty.

I appreciate this sounds incredibly unlikely, but it seems very unusual that THREE controllers all have exactly the same issue.
I have the exact same problem with the controller my Series S came with. Considering it affected all 3 of your controllers, I wonder how common the issue is. It works fine when I hit the A button right in the centre but if I push the button down with pressure not perpendicular to the button or on the edges of the button it doesn't register reliably. Hard to describe the issue with words honestly.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I have the exact same problem with the controller my Series S came with. Considering it affected all 3 of your controllers, I wonder how common the issue is. It works fine when I hit the A button right in the centre but if I push the button down with pressure not perpendicular to the button or on the edges of the button it doesn't register reliably. Hard to describe the issue with words honestly.
I've been testing it more and the issue seems to be it's possible to press the button down (that feeling when you overcome the resistance and it moves down) without making the contract at the bottom to register the press. If I press it firmly in the middle then it always registers so something in the design must be off.

The buttons are quite large and seem to have a lot of play, which must be part of the problem.

I can actually press the button lightly and have it not register, and then - with the button still pressed down - lightly release ans press down to press the button to register without letting it back up again.

I tried them all on my One X and same problem, so it has to be a controller defect.

Got two more replacement controllers today from Amazon, will report back.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, please help. I'm losing my mind here.

My xbox series X will not sign in to an account. When i press sign in I just get the loading icon and then it disappears. I got the XSX last night. I set it up. And immediately it says no internet even though it connects to wifi. I tried everything from restarting modem, port forwarding, changing NAT, and i even rebooted thr system 3 times. I still have the same issue.

Testing network speed/connection literally shows zero speeds on the XSX. This is so ridiculous i dont know what else I can do. It has to be a faulty unit at this point.

Im so upset.

Waiting for their customersupport to call me. But if anyone knows a solution Id appreciate it.

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza will not load past the initial boot screen. Has anyone experienced this? Is it having trouble pulling my Onex save from the cloud? Other games have all booted up fine

Had this until an update from the store went on. Goto the store and click install and any patch or update hopefully will fix it
Had this with mortal kombat 11 too

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just got my Series X powered on for the first time and I plugged in my 8TB external hardrive where I kept all of my Xbox One Games. Now, my question is regarding cold storage for Series X optimized games. I saw that the games that were optimized had a symbol that pretty much indicated you could move it. Once I hit it, it said there is an upgrade and started downloading a massive GB update, but I noticed it was also showing in my internal hardrive.

So my question is, should I move this games manually, would that avoid that massive download? Or should I just let it do it's thing. When I hit that upgrade prompt, does it copy or move the game? Is there any way I could accidentally play a game from the external hardrive and miss on the enhancements? I just want to know the best way to do this.

Moving the game doesn't avoid the massive download - trust me I did this for all my series x games ahead of launch and all of them downloaded stupidly large "upgrades"
Even The tourist did the same

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have an LG C9 or CX? I have a CX, and everyone who mentions their TV in that YouTube video have one of those TVs.
I wonder if it's the same graphical corruption as mentioned in this article.
(I did have 4K120 VRR on, but switching to 4K60 VRR did not fix it)

But I'm skeptical about it being some HDMI/TV issue instead of just an overheating or failing GPU.
Follow-up, it did seem to be the TV. I turned off VRR and played for an extended period of time with no issues. Whereas the problem would occur pretty quickly before.
Just glad it's not a hardware issue with the Xbox. I'll keep an eye on firmware updates.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I'm using an LG CX with EARC to my JBL soundbar. I feel there's slight AV sync issues. Anyone else notice this at all? I'm running Atmos bitstream from the XSX.

With headphones on, it's perfectly in sync.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've got an issue with my controller, but I don't know if it's a defect or by design. I always put my entire finger across the triggers, with the tip coming to rest on the top sides of the battery cover. When I pull the trigger, I'm used to occasionally pushing them in from the inside out, with the tip of my finger rather than the middle. This worked perfectly on the One controllers, never had an issue. When I try this on the Series X controller, however, the trigger scrapes against the interior of the controller case and actually locks up.

It works fine in any other case, but when I'm in the thick of playing I've already had several cases of my right trigger jamming and not performing the input I want. It's a very specific case, but I'm wondering if more people noticed this and I simply need to adjust my playstyle, or if I should send the controller in for repairs.

Zingela

Nov 2, 2017

Soooo.

Please help.
I have had a few instances where my Valhalla disc wasn't recognized after booting from sleep, but was resolved by ejecting and reinserting the disc.

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
only gripe, Quick Resume? Yakuza LD, ACV, Gears 5 and the Dragon Quest demo, none of these games seem to work with QR, every time i switch it just reloads the full game??
anyone else seeing this with these games?
I'm struggling with Quick resume as well. All the games you mention, and a lot more fail to quick resume, they just cold boot every time. It's really hit and miss. Actually, it's pretty much just miss.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'm struggling with Quick resume as well. All the games you mention, and a lot more fail to quick resume, they just cold boot every time. It's really hit and miss. Actually, it's pretty much just miss.

yeah, looks like its the newer games, tried forza 7 and ori as a test and they worked fine.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
My console can't connect to the wi-fi. Earlier I was using ethernet and it was fine

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Guys, please help. I'm losing my mind here.

My xbox series X will not sign in to an account. When i press sign in I just get the loading icon and then it disappears. I got the XSX last night. I set it up. And immediately it says no internet even though it connects to wifi. I tried everything from restarting modem, port forwarding, changing NAT, and i even rebooted thr system 3 times. I still have the same issue.

Testing network speed/connection literally shows zero speeds on the XSX. This is so ridiculous i dont know what else I can do. It has to be a faulty unit at this point.

Im so upset.

Waiting for their customersupport to call me. But if anyone knows a solution Id appreciate it.
This is similar to the issue I'm currently experiencing, wtf is this?

From what I'm seeing, some Xbox consoles have a busted wifi card????

Edit: okay it's working now

Last edited:

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
This is similar to the issue I'm currently experiencing, wtf is this?

From what I'm seeing, some Xbox consoles have a busted wifi card????

Edit: okay it's working now
How did you fix it? My Xbox still doesn't connect properly to my home WiFi or my mobile hotspot. The only one that works is the public xfinity wifi. It connects and works. Download speeds are in the 20 range. It isnt the best but better than no internet!

But my home wifi should be much better. I tried reconnecting a few times but it's still the same issue :/ lemme know if you have any solutions please

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Pretty sure Jason Ronald tweeted out that the optimized for Series X|S games have bugged QR right now. DQ11 may not have it because it's a demo?

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Pretty sure Jason Ronald tweeted out that the optimized for Series X|S games have bugged QR right now. DQ11 may not have it because it's a demo?
Yup, that's probably it then. Just a bit annoying, as I was looking forward to trying the feature, and of course I'm going to be playing the optimized games first. But as long as they're on the ball and fixing it, I'm happy. Thanks for letting me know.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Yup, that's probably it then. Just a bit annoying, as I was looking forward to trying the feature, and of course I'm going to be playing the optimized games first. But as long as they're on the ball and fixing it, I'm happy. Thanks for letting me know.
I just looked up his twitter to see If I had remembered correctly and found the tweet.

Hopefully a fix comes arrives soon.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
How did you fix it? My Xbox still doesn't connect properly to my home WiFi or my mobile hotspot. The only one that works is the public xfinity wifi. It connects and works. Download speeds are in the 20 range. It isnt the best but better than no internet!

But my home wifi should be much better. I tried reconnecting a few times but it's still the same issue :/ lemme know if you have any solutions please
I honestly have no idea. I entered the network information a couple of times and now it's working. It's all very strange

Oct 29, 2017
I have my Bose QC25 plugged in to the jack port on the controller and I get constant hissing and have to move the stick around to even get sound output. Anybody else have this problem or perhaps a tip?

Edit: It actually feels like I can make it worse by tapping up and down on the d-pad. Guess it's a loose connection / bad shielding!?

Last edited:

Montresor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in the Xbox Game Studios OT but I was directed to this thread by the friendly member solis74 :

The Series X won't connect to my Wi-Fi network at home.

The problem is most likely my router. I predict the end result is I'll have to replace my router, but it's extremely frustrating because my Xbox One X, and all my other devices (multiple phones and laptops belonging to me and my wife, and the Google Home Mini, and visitors' phones) all never had any problem with Wi-Fi on this router.

1. During Series X start-up, the console tries to connect to a Wi-Fi network, to perform a system update. But it keeps failing to connect to my Wi-Fi network.

2. My router is a tp-link Archer C20 router, with 2.4GHz turned off. I use only the 5Ghz band. My ISP is a fibre Internet company (so I don't have a modem; instead my router plugs straight into an Ethernet jack on my apartment wall).

3. Things that I've tried doing:
    1. Series X says it can't get an IP address from my router. Tried setting up a static IP address, and I performed port forwarding as prescribed by this article (specific to Xbox / Series X) and this article (specific to my router), and that didn't help.
    2. Confirmed my router isn't doing any wireless MAC address filtering
    3. Router's mode is set to 11a/n/c mixed. Switched it to 11an mode; still doesn't work.
    4. Router's channel was set to Auto. I changed it to something like channel 149; still doesn't work.
    5. Restarted my router several times
    6. Restarted Series X several times
    7. Reset router to factory default and tried again; no luck
    8. Reset Series X to factory default and tried again; no luck
    9. The only thing that allowed my Series X to perform a system update was to connect it via Wi-Fi to my personal iPhone's hot spot. I then burned 775MB of my phone plan's data. There's so much I want to download to comfortably set up my Series X that I just didn't bother.
  4. Some things I haven't tried yet, which I aim to try tonight or this weekend:
    1. Try with an extra long Ethernet cable plugged from Series X to router
    2. Try with an extra long Ethernet cable plugged from Series X directly into Ethernet jack on my apartment wall
    3. Try different router that I'm borrowing from my brother
    4. Try with 2.4Ghz turned on and 5Ghz turned off, with original router
    5. Perhaps trying some other channels (other than 149) on the original router will help

Okay, I've performed two new troubleshooting steps that I think let me make a reasonable conclusion. I didn't do everything I said I was going to do, but I'm so tired and I have so little time to devote to this.

First, at home I turned 2.4GHz on my router, and that allowed my Series X to connect to wifi.

Second, I took the Series X to my mother in law's house and tested it there. At her house, I can connect to 5GHz wifi.

So at least that tells me my Series X isn't defective. It can connect to 5GHz. But there's something about my router preventing the Series X from connecting to it via 5GHz.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly have no idea. I entered the network information a couple of times and now it's working. It's all very strange
Hmm. Yeah it's not working still. I dont know if this is an Xbox issue or a network issue. The hotspot is whats throwing me off as well. Thank God the xfinity thing is close at least.

Feb 15, 2018
Am I the only one here who's disc drive sounds like it farts when powering the Series X on? When a disc is in it does not seem to do it on powering up, and the drive itself is quiet when spinning a disc up for installation etc.
Have not seen this mentioned by anyone else here, but I can't imagine it's normal. It's literally a split second after the power on chime and last about half a second.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Am I the only one here who's disc drive sounds like it farts when powering the Series X on? When a disc is in it does not seem to do it on powering up, and the drive itself is quiet when spinning a disc up for installation etc.
Have not seen this mentioned by anyone else here, but I can't imagine it's normal. It's literally a split second after the power on chime and last about half a second.
No I have it too and some others also have it I saw. To me it just sounds like the drive activating. Wouldn't worry too much

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I've performed two new troubleshooting steps that I think let me make a reasonable conclusion. I didn't do everything I said I was going to do, but I'm so tired and I have so little time to devote to this.

First, at home I turned 2.4GHz on my router, and that allowed my Series X to connect to wifi.

Second, I took the Series X to my mother in law's house and tested it there. At her house, I can connect to 5GHz wifi.

So at least that tells me my Series X isn't defective. It can connect to 5GHz. But there's something about my router preventing the Series X from connecting to it via 5GHz.
Maybe I'm having the same issue then. How did you enable your 2.3GHz option on your router? I know I'm supposed to have both but I only have one WiFi option show up and I believe it's the 5GHz. My Xbox cant connect to my home wifi. It's very frustrating. I've been using the public xfinity wifi.

edit: I should mention, my personal hotspot also provided very slow speeds and barely worked. I really don't know at this point if it's anXbox problem or network problem.

warkki

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like the Series X is producing raised blacks during Blu-ray playback, at least that's the case on my LG 65 CX. A recent Forbes article seems to back up my experience.

I was watching Sinister on Blu-ray yesterday and immediately noticed that parts that should be ink black (like the bars) were dark grey which also made the typical OLED uniformity issues way more apparent. I had to lower my brightness to 47 (from 50) to get real blacks, but this resulted in an overly dark image with crushed blacks. So unfortunately I haven't been able to make the Xbox produce a satisfying image yet.

This has also nothing to do with my TV/Xbox settings, as stuff like Black Level etc. are set up corretly. I know what the picture looks like when there is a mismatch going on with this setting and my current issue is not as severe as this.

I hope MS can fix this problem via a firmware update, otherwise I will just use my (incoming) PS5 for Blu-rays.

Btw, I haven't tested any UHD discs with HDR content yet, so I can't comment on this.

WillyBubba

Oct 31, 2017

Yeah got that too. Not too worried about it, it's probably the bluray drive activating or something like that. I didn't even notice it really until I read from others that described it.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I have very distracting audio lag with my LG CX and eArc to my home theatre.

ps5 and cable box also plugged into CX and no lag/sync issues

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I have very distracting audio lag with my LG CX and eArc to my home theatre.

ps5 and cable box also plugged into CX and no lag/sync issues

I'm sending Atmos bitstream to CX EARC to soundbar and audio is behind.

PS5 does not have any lag via pcm or whatever it sends.

I tried to switch Xbox to 7.1 and audio glitches out. I didn't think CX can pass through PCM?