• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_20230221_114918.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1628096694939156486

View: https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1628095919173378049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1628095919173378049%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Last edited:

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
That's pretty cool to hear! Always wanted to try some of the Xbox cloud games on mouse and keyboard.

I wonder if this means anything for m&kb games on Xbox Cloud Gaming itself, I know they had mentioned bringing PC exclusive games and support for different inputs eventually.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Called it! I knew they would do this and especially include all Xbox titles as well as ABK. It literally doesn't hurt Microsoft, users still have to buy the games and the real appeal of XCloud is that it's part of Game Pass not that the streaming quality is the best or anything.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jensen got what he wanted. Brad Smith probably got a cool leather jacket too

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
xbox gonna make every deal possible to get this approved, im assuming we'll hear of others in time

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Alright Era tell us how this contract is pointless PR fluff. /s Seriously though Microsoft is pulling out all the stops they're trying to do whatever it takes to get this deal done. Wonder if it'll work out

LogN-

Oct 30, 2017
The amount of try-harding that Microsoft is doing to try and win over global regulators is unreal. They also keep mentioning "Call of Duty" as the centerpiece; consumers lose on this deal as it's very likely that all Blizzard titles will be exclusive to GamePass/Xbox and while little Jane and John get to play CoD on the Switch they miss every other title put out by ABK.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
The amount of try-harding that Microsoft is doing to try and win over global regulators is unreal. They also keep mentioning "Call of Duty" as the centerpiece; consumers lose on this deal as it's very likely that all Blizzard titles will be exclusive to GamePass/Xbox and while little Jane and John get to play CoD on the Switch they miss every other title put out by ABK.
What makes you think there won't be switch ports? Doesn't Minecraft and its spin offs go on switch? As do other Microsoft titles sometimes? Maybe if Nintendo releases the next console more games will be able to go on.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020

This is equivalent to saying Netflix consumers lost when Disney brought Fox and its movies went to Disney+. Especially when the cost of entry for said customers is way less than getting another console

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why it took this long for Microsoft to get this done. They really should have done this with the Xbox titles before they even considered buying Activision.

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a company this hard for an acquisition. The must REALLY want it.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
bigger deal would be to bring all PC purchased games to GFN but guess they are scared of cannibalizing Gamepass ultimate if Gamepass PC peeps can just access cloud that way , this just seems like they are trying to appease regulators

EDIT: apparently it's exactly what they did, nice

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
For the people who don't own a high end pc, you'll now be able to play Starfield at 60 fps now, assuming this deal goes through. ;)

Rbrogue

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
At this rate they're going to sign a deal to run CoD on Samsung refrigerators just to get this acquisition to go through.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Why not commit to it right now? Why not do it before just out of good will?

Yeah, MS really wants this deal to go through, even if it means signing deals they have no idea how that will impact future development (more platforms to maintain = more work + more money).

EDIT: Thanks to all who clarified the deal is good starting from now with Xbox titles.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I consider that a win-win. Considering the core of the issue is whether the long-term strategy is about expanding vs. contracting software access (basically: are they acting like a publisher/service, or a company only focused on funneling support into one hardware platform), this is nigh-on "the proof is in the pudding" for what they want anyway. They're "trying hard" to signal their intentions, but what they're doing here is totally in line with what we've seen and heard from Microsoft about their games strategy.

I'm almost categorically against mega-corp mergers on this scale, but with a "clash of the titans" justification, this feels like a positive.