• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man, the people running the Xbox Twitter must enjoy their job of being wholesome towards every Console:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If Nintendo won't do a TTYD remaster, maybe Xbox can hook me up...

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
In a world of toxic twitter, Xbox is bringing some light. I really enjoyed this thread and it puts fanboys to shame.

MrMiyamoto

Oct 31, 2017
When I was in Redmond, WA I just felt everyone at Microsoft enjoyed gaming more than the people at Nintendo. I was wearing a Metroid shirt that day, number of people at Nintendo HQ that mentioned it: 0, number at Microsoft HQ: at least a dozen.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever runs the MS social accounts definitely has fun with their job. And for a role as awful and thankless at that, that's all that matters

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Good on the xbox social media guy, he's doing a good job.
That's doing a lot more to make me consider interacting with the ecosystem than the whole dudebro thing they had for close to a decade.
Does Nintendo still have the patent on Sanity Effects?
You can take a look here

US6935954B2 - Sanity system for video game - Google Patents

A video game and game system incorporating a game character's sanity level that is affected by occurrences in the game such as encountering a game creature or gruesome situation. A character's sanity level is modified by an amount determined based on a character reaction to the occurrence such...

It expires this year!

oh do I love patent pictures!
US06935954-20050830-D00000.png

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Fanboys are somehow more obnoxious than ever. Silly me thinking that people would have "grown up" by this point.
The XBox/PS5 better nonsense is out of control but, honestly, I feel like this generation, above all others, is the one where no one is "better" than anyone else and it makes the stupidity even more evident.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo could be tweeting out the same thing, but them doing so while having no future release plans for them is… not smart.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo of course remembers Eternal Darkness. That's why they renew it every few years to give you the slightest bits of hope that they will make a sequel or a remaster!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is this remembering TTYD more than Nintendo when TOK has two TTYD references in it though

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft (Twitter account manager) praises Nintendo games.

People immediately start console warring about it.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I really have a lot of respect for the people running that XBOX twitter account. They sure have to deal with some real pieces of work. I hope (and am sure they are) compensated well for their work.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
When I was in Redmond, WA I just felt everyone at Microsoft enjoyed gaming more than the people at Nintendo. I was wearing a Metroid shirt that day, number of people at Nintendo HQ that mentioned it: 0, number at Microsoft HQ: at least a dozen.
If I went to Canon and wore a t-shirt with a printer on it, I don't think anybody there would mention it either.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Those Twitter comments are something else. People have some real weird attachments to their favorite companies. Get help.

All the big brand Twitter pr folks need to follow their lead here.