djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Video game marketing intern remembers video games. News at 11.

The tweets are pretty neat in contrast to Nintendo basically telling folks, "yo, the secondhand market is right there, stop bothering us"

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Microsoft (Twitter account manager) praises Nintendo games.

People immediately start console warring about it.
lol right?

When I was in Redmond, WA I just felt everyone at Microsoft enjoyed gaming more than the people at Nintendo. I was wearing a Metroid shirt that day, number of people at Nintendo HQ that mentioned it: 0, number at Microsoft HQ: at least a dozen.
Seeing your own shit all day every day can burn you out on it, and it's not fun to feel like other people expect you to kiss their ass cause they got that thing you see all day every day on their shirt

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
When I was in Redmond, WA I just felt everyone at Microsoft enjoyed gaming more than the people at Nintendo. I was wearing a Metroid shirt that day, number of people at Nintendo HQ that mentioned it: 0, number at Microsoft HQ: at least a dozen.
To be honest, I wouldn't mentioned either if I worked there.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Nintendo could be tweeting out the same thing, but them doing so while having no future release plans for them is… not smart.
Yeah can you imagine the speculation?

I guess they could start a weekly "Nintendo Restrospective" tweet series, or do an entirely seperate account, that looks at their history, but Nintendo randomly tweeting about any of these games out of the blue would lead to pages upon pages of fan speculation and news articles.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Those dudes spend literally their entire day sending messages to Xbox @'s on Twitter, might as well acknowledge them.

May 17, 2018
I find the Xbox twitter account full of lame boomer energy but this was good.

Ive often wondered what the benefit was for these accounts to have replies on. Like, I'm sure they're focused on engagement, but, what does that matter if that's the level of engagement you're getting?

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Well done picking games that have no ports to modern systems so Xbox's own backwards compatibility efforts shine, and so they don't point anyone toward games you can still buy from Nintendo themselves (Metroid Prime Trilogy or Super Mario 3D All-Stars, for example). Social media Xbox dude is indeed doing a good job.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, this is the correct way to figure out if the employees of a company enjoy games.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Because the people at Nintendo are so inundated with Nintendo character merch that a Metroid shirt isn't going to register as a unique topic of conversation.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Nintendo:"you want Eternal Darkness? buy it from pawn shop for $900 then"

E6ZPudhVIAAumWa
Lol that "believe it or not" feels so passive agressive.

Oct 30, 2017
Also, for those that don't consume gaming news through Twitter, realize that you've got it good here on Era.

Twitter is an absolute cesspool of shitposting. And it's like the same accounts sniping at each other or just writing, "Xbox Better", "Dead Game", "Sony Pony" "Xtard" etc.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I only own Nintendo and Sony products, but I still like Phil Spencer and the Xbox team more than either company, lol

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Also, for those that don't consume gaming news through Twitter, realize that you've got it good here on Era.

Twitter is an absolute cesspool of shitposting. And it's like the same accounts sniping at each other or just writing, "Xbox Better", "Dead Game", "Sony Pony" "Xtard" etc.
I'll take outright shitposting fanboys any day, 10/10 times over some posters here that are clearly just as biased but try their hardest to present themselves as rational, making inane arguments, passive-aggressive remarks, and outright hypocrisy in their thought process.

"Wackbox X sux PS 4 life" you can just see, laugh, and move on. Concern trolling and hypocritical viewpoints based on what company's box name is in the thread title you parse like its an actual argument, notice how flawed it is, check the post history and realize its all a bunch of bullshit and you just wasted your time.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well done picking games that have no ports to modern systems so Xbox's own backwards compatibility efforts shine, and so they don't point anyone toward games you can still buy from Nintendo themselves (Metroid Prime Trilogy or Super Mario 3D All-Stars, for example). Social media Xbox dude is indeed doing a good job.
Is this a serious post, you can't possibly think people behind a Twitter handle are being this disingenuous. It's just someone rattling off games they played when they were younger.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

Folks at Nintendo were probably traumatised by sad Metroid fans always asking when the next good game was coming out.

I know I would probably ask, and was a sad fan until recently 😭

Is this a serious post, you can't possibly think people behind a Twitter handle are being this disingenuous. It's just someone rattling off games they played when they were younger.
the tweet is a venomous, yet calculated attack that targets Nintendo's greatest failing: the betrayal of its lineage. Xbox Twitter has perfect plausible deniability with this seemingly innocent message. It's as disgusting as it is impressive—Nintendo's in fucking shambles right now.

LOL

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did a switch port get announced?

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Because that's weird.
Wear a Hamburglar shirt when you go into a McDonalds and you'll probably get the same reaction.