• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
XDefiant is back baby. At least the first match felt way better than the last playtest.

Played domination, we got stomped. I went 14-12 and led our team. The other team had 3 people with 40+ kills.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
I still cant believe they are doing an important server test session and not doing it on steam... i think thats a mistake, you have to release any server test / player test of this game on steam if you want to have some kind of success

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So can I redownload my old test client on Xbox and play? Or did I need to be invited or something.
Look up xDefiant Sever Test Session in the store, it is a new client.

Getting absolutely stomped each game. My team high will be about 15 kills. Other team 50+ kills from multiple people.

Yep that sounds like no SBMM. One of the big pillars they are advertising this game on.
There should also be team balancing between rounds.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Honestly feels like input based matchmaking isn't working. I'm on PC with a controller and I'm seeing people turn on a dime and insta kill me. Looks like KBM to me.

Siden

Apr 27, 2023
As a casual with kids and work, I most def will not be trying this game at all without SBMM. I understand its controversial, but casuals will never get into this game without it. And that is coming from someone who is ranked plat in warzone. I have no desire to play against someone 10x better than me, ever lol

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
As a casual with kids and work, I most def will not be trying this game at all without SBMM. I understand its controversial, but casuals will never get into this game without it. And that is coming from someone who is ranked plat in warzone. I have no desire to play against someone 10x better than me, ever lol
I get matched with players who are significantly better than me in SBMM games like COD all the time.
I am interested in XDefiant if the method of looser matchmaking with team balance proves to be more fun.

I dont think these games get rid of MM altogether though, I assume there are noob lobbies. That's how COD used to do it at least

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I would suggest at least trying the game if not now, at launch. Even with SBMM, they are implementing a per round team balancer and persistent lobbies.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I get matched with players who are significantly better than me in SBMM games like COD all the time.
I am interested in XDefiant if the method of looser matchmaking with team balance proves to be more fun.

I dont think these games get rid of MM altogether though, I assume there are noob lobbies. That's how COD used to do it at least
I would say 75 out of 100 COD games is against people who are significantly better than me i rarely get evenly matched games and it's why i don't play it anymore. XDefiant so far has been a far more balanced experience but it's also a test and not the full release.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Went 21 and 18 first round, had my controller mostly dialed in on PC but was a bit lost without having my crouch and melee swapped.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Played a few games. Game is pretty fun at its core and the maps are fine.

But… it also just made me wanna play CoD lmao. Everything lacks the polish CoD has from gun sounds to the movement to the character/gun models and even the overall presentation of the game from the menu to the announcers feels very cheap.

And the no SBMM in xDefiant may be a selling point for others but CoD SBMM hasn't felt super frustrating to me at all so it's kind of a moot point. Hope others have fun with it though.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Played a few games. Game is pretty fun at its core and the maps are fine.

But… it also just made me wanna play CoD lmao. Everything lacks the polish CoD has from gun sounds to the movement to the character/gun models and even the overall presentation of the game from the menu to the announcers feels very cheap.

And the no SBMM in xDefiant may be a selling point for others but CoD SBMM hasn't felt super frustrating to me at all so it's kind of a moot point. Hope others have fun with it though.

That was my impression every since they showed the game the first time. Why play this if you can just play... CoD?

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
played 2 matches getting domed in less than 1 second yeah.. im good felt like i was playing with players that have been playing this game for years
i ant the greatest at fps but this felt like a game for sweatlords already
also is hip firing awful ? point blank and just not hitting anything or is it a attachment setup kind of thing where it gets good if you build for it

anyways quickly nope'd out of this one lol wasn't really bad just not for me and i still think cod has this type of gameplay covered outside of it's hero elements

PooriaDan

Jul 18, 2023
net code feels better than the previous test. At least I am not getting shot around the corners.
Movement initially felt a bit clunky, but now I'm getting used to it. Although vaulting is inconsistent.
Compared to CoD, as long as they don't add tactical sprint, it is automatically the better game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't feel anything like current COD either which is good.
Oh, I definitely agree with that. It just feels like a weird mix of say Ghosts gameplay with the hero stuff from Blops 4 to me lol.
I feel like the guns should kill a bit quicker, but that may just be me being bad at the attachment min/maxing haha. The P90 for example feels like a peashooter compared to the MW3 version.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having so much more fun with this than I do regular COD but at this point, I'm ready for the release. I'm ready for new guns, I'm ready for new factions.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Input based is definitely not working lol

As the lobby loads, you can see 80% of Ubi players are KBM, then it magically switches when the map is about to load. Crossplay off forever in this.

Also, they nerfed the auto aim on controller since the last playtest. Much more recoil too.

Last edited:

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice looking with very detailed maps, Snowdrop put to good use. Is it me or the guns feel a little weak? Something missing that preventing the guns feel powerful, auto or visual recoil?

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
was excited to play and had some fun for a while. I started to get shot around corners and after dealing with that in Halo Infinite for two or three years, this game is a no for me.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't play with real guns because these sound less punchy than marshmallow shooters.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to try out the game again...

Same positives I had from the last time.

Clean look + 120 FPS support + Decent Spawns

Cons:

Everything else

It just... Doesn't feel great to play imho. Aiming feels off even after turning off acceleration, shooting feels super floaty, the "hit" sound isn't great. I went 19 and 8 my first game, but didn't have fun. I'll maybe try another match, but eh.

I feel like because this game basically decided it wanted to try to be a "CoD Killer" or at least the community likes to think so, I hold it to far far higher standards than something like Sker Ritual which is literally a CoD Zombies clone but didn't release trying to hype it up as "The future of CoD zombies" or something.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Net code feels a bit better, but hit registration is still wonky. Sometimes you kill an enemy in 6 shots, other times it's 2. Perhaps some packet loss?

I agree the game feels like Blops 2 if we compare it to CoD. Movement and gunplay are not as fast as modern CoD..

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Gun balancing on PC lol

the-game-has-absolutely-0-gun-balancing-issues-on-pc-v0-zubwy6k94kvc1.png

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
  • Announcer needs to shut up
  • Shoot first dying first all the time
  • Feel like you need to pump ten rounds into someone but feels at times you just get deleted
  • TTK is too slow (I love blops4 ttk)
  • Movement feels ice skatey
  • Not sure why, but this playtest feels like a big step down from the last one. Not sure the reason.
  • Abilities don't seem particularly balanced.
  • Spies get a ping all enemies for the whole team constantly (if a team is made up of several echelons)
  • rumble is super inconsistent. Goes from 0-10 rumble level for seemingly no reason
  • DMRs rate of fire could use a buff
  • Shotguns are very COD and worthless beyond close range. Even the double barrel which says good at range, people just shrug off a double blast at medium
  • Needs TDM and Hardcore modes

Overall I'm pretty disappointed. Lost the desire to keep playing after a handful of matches with a bud.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
  • Announcer needs to shut up
  • Shoot first dying first all the time
  • Feel like you need to pump ten rounds into someone but feels at times you just get deleted
  • TTK is too slow (I love blops4 ttk)
  • Movement feels ice skatey
  • Not sure why, but this playtest feels like a big step down from the last one. Not sure the reason.
  • Abilities don't seem particularly balanced.
  • Spies get a ping all enemies for the whole team constantly (if a team is made up of several echelons)
  • rumble is super inconsistent. Goes from 0-10 rumble level for seemingly no reason
  • DMRs rate of fire could use a buff
  • Shotguns are very COD and worthless beyond close range. Even the double barrel which says good at range, people just shrug off a double blast at medium
  • Needs TDM and Hardcore modes

Overall I'm pretty disappointed. Lost the desire to keep playing after a handful of matches with a bud.
One of the dmrs is two shot to the body, that needs to go and probably the one shot snipers lol.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly feels like input based matchmaking isn't working. I'm on PC with a controller and I'm seeing people turn on a dime and insta kill me. Looks like KBM to me.

Its a pretty common cheat these days for players to mask their input. Both to get put into controller matches, but also to get controller aim assist on KBM. Its nasty over on The Finals.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Its a pretty common cheat these days for players to mask their input. Both to get put into controller matches, but also to get controller aim assist on KBM. Its nasty over on The Finals.
I do not know if this is really about input spoofing, the netcode issues will sometimes make it seem like someone is turning and snapping on to you.

Is that the svd? Tried it one match and did get some two taps I think. But the chug rate makes it a death sentence if you miss at all. Quickly went back to ARs.
MK 20 SSR