• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
The thing that I really don't like about this game are the generic pieces of text during side quests, like:
- Let's hear the details!
- Now that's something I have to hear.

And so on. They often don't even make sense in context. If the devs couldn't think of original lines would be better the characters didn't say anything.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considered picking this game up but have a few questions:
1) Has there been any kind of patch for undocked performance? I heard it was rough (at least at launch) and I'll mostly be playing it portable so just wondering if it's worth it if I just plan to play mostly portable.
2) Is there anywhere to grab the game cheaper digitally?
3) Any word on the future (story?) dlc that is supposed to come? I'm not sure what to expect...like witcher 3 level of story dlc or...?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1) Has there been any kind of patch for undocked performance? I heard it was rough (at least at launch) and I'll mostly be playing it portable so just wondering if it's worth it if I just plan to play mostly portable.
2) Is there anywhere to grab the game cheaper digitally?
3) Any word on the future (story?) dlc that is supposed to come? I'm not sure what to expect...like witcher 3 level of story dlc or...?
1. I think it may have been improved, but it honestly looked fine when I had it undocked.
2. Best bet for getting it cheaper (and only $10 or so) is amazon prime physical or Best Buy Gamer's Club. Otherwise, it's not going down in price for a long time, especially digital, except maybe in a promotional sale for Smash Bros. like they did last time around.
3. No word yet on Story DLC.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017

I've probably spent 75% of my play through playing undocked, so it's definitely doable. It can look pretty janky and has performance issues, but if you're used to handheld gaming, it's fine. To me it's worth it for the convenience of playing wherever I want.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I played the entire game handheld. There were definitely a few instances where it looked pretty bad (one of the Rex/Pyra specials looks practically like a blurry 640x480) but overall the game looks great and playing in bed outweighed the occasional ugly graphics.

JORMBO

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played a lot in handheld mode also. Docked does look at lot better, but handheld works fine. It's not anywhere near bad enough to pass on the game.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is totally fine to me in handheld, but in some areas, it's just so pretty and the sense of scale can sometimes feel lost. I love the game, next playthrough will probably be entirely handheld

Nosgotham

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm seriously addicted to this game. I beat it 50 hours ago but I can't stop playing in this world. I still haven't even started new game plus. Blade quests are amazing and it feels like they keep the story going

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I do wish that the game allowed you to choose to skip only the generic blade resonance scenes, and not the Rare blades on the off chance you pull one. Kinda lessens the satisfaction somewhat.

Anyways, 130 hours, nearly through new game plus, and still not bored. Monolith made some magic here.

That post from Sakurai about enjoying XB2 makes me hope for a core crystal item in Smash Switch that functions like a Pokéball or an assist trophy. Get every blade in that game in one form or another, and of course Rex & Pyra playable.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point in doing NG+? There are virtually no missables in the game.
Experiencing the story again with a different outlook? Challenging yourself with the new ability to de-level and get your experience back in exchange, so you could do a low-level run if you so desired? The new skills, items and blades only available in NG+?

I don't think most people do NG+ solely because they missed something the first time around.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
I admit I got bored during the NG+ (I will retry months later). You keep too much things in NG+ it's way too easy and the story alone is not enough for me. I already maxed out almost everything during the first run, so...
The new blades are nice but not a game changer. Same for new skills (except Zeke).

I had the same problem for Zelda BotW, even if the Expert Mode is very challenging at the beginning.

I just don't like to replay a RPG too early (one year after, I still don't want to play to Zelda BotW, my season pass is waiting lol). I prefer the way Nier Automata did, even if it's not a NG+ and cannot be applied in all RPG. It could be in XC2, Torna side for example. I would have loved it.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I rarely play a game twice - however, I did go back back to XC2 and had a lot of fun with NG+.

Experiencing the story again was great, as was getting some new rare blades. Despite playing for 150 hours prior to my second playthrough, I found new areas to explore.

It was easy, particularly for someone myself who had already got to level 99, but I still enjoyed it (more so when I levelled myself down).

I tried to replay the original immediately after I finished it, but bounced off of it pretty quickly. Something about XC2 just really drew me in.

Not sure I could stomach getting all 999 moons on Mario or 120 shrines in Zelda a second time though. lol

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
Question: How many of the main questlines are similar to the puzzletree (find X items) quest from Chapter 3?

This quest killed my enjoyment of this title. If there are no more like it after, I'll continue playing and having a gleeful time. If there are a few more, I'll probably sell the game. Any answers here would be appreciated!

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Question: How many of the main questlines are similar to the puzzletree (find X items) quest from Chapter 3?

This quest killed my enjoyment of this title. If there are no more like it after, I'll continue playing and having a gleeful time. If there are a few more, I'll probably sell the game. Any answers here would be appreciated!
Very, very few, if any at all. I can't recall any others off the top of my head, so if there were any, they must not have been very intrusive.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
There a some (very few) others but a different way to get the items (salvaging). Otherwise, in side quests. If you need collectible items, they are not totally random for most. You can Google it, it has been asked many times and some of them tend to be more frequently dropped on precise spots.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

Just to hammer home what others have said above - there are very few, so don't worry about it. If you're enjoying it now, you're in for a treat as it only gets better.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm free to interpret Google Translate's nonsense for those who just want a summary.

T-elos is available to all players after beating the game. She will be in the normal core crystal Blade pool, but will have a very high drop rate.

Poppi Buster is an artificial Blade anybody can use. She is available to people who buy the Expansion Pass from a DLC Quest. Unknown when that quest is available,
but at the very least it has to be later on in the game given that she was built by what appears to be Grampypon Soosoo and he was never found in the story.

Further updates in v1.4.0:
- In NG+, Poppiswap parts can now be traded for EXP
- There are new item sort options

Future updates:
- Coming end of May or later
- More Quests
- More Rare Blades
- A new difficulty mode
- The Challenge Arena

Not announced, but I'm expecting more item distributions with v1.4.0 as well. Or at least hoping, because I haven't found any new Rare Blades on my slow playthrough in 75 Rare Cores and I have yet to get Ursula and I would love me some Legendary Cores.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I know they highlight that the poppie blade can be used by anybody, but who am i kidding, Tora will still keep her, because thats the only way.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished the game again. Was it ever made clear whose voice that was when
Pneuma is about to self destruct Aion and she's asked about what it was like being alive. I thought it might've been addam at first but now I'm not so sure.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game again. Was it ever made clear whose voice that was when
Pneuma is about to self destruct Aion and she's asked about what it was like being alive. I thought it might've been addam at first but now I'm not so sure.

It's Malos's voice. Kind of struck me as appropriate, they originated from the same place as part of the Trinity Processor on the space station, being inanimate and then brought to life. I interpreted it as his lingering consciousness, no longer tied to Amalthus's hatred, was genuinely curious as to how Pnuema enjoyed being alive, compared to himself.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's Malos's voice. Kind of struck me as appropriate, they originated from the same place as part of the Trinity Processor on the space station, being inanimate and then brought to life. I interpreted it as his lingering consciousness, no longer tied to Amalthus's hatred, was genuinely curious as to how Pnuema enjoyed being alive, compared to himself.

Hmm, I honestly couldn't tie that voice to Malos before, but that makes a lot of sense. Maybe the voice actor used a calmer tone to show the loss of amalthus's influence.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Man, i hate the stupid field skill requirements in this game. Wanna do this blade quest? Oh you need level 7 botany. Killed 12 enemies at once to get to a chest? Oh you need lockpicking level 6 for that, sorry. Urghhhh!

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took grinding 92 Rare Core Crystals (I counted) but I FINALLY got Ursula mid-Ch 5 on my slow playthrough. Hopefully I'll remember to stay on top of her Merc Missions so I can get it done without too much stalling. 15/20 RNG Rares so far.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Man, i hate the stupid field skill requirements in this game. Wanna do this blade quest? Oh you need level 7 botany. Killed 12 enemies at once to get to a chest? Oh you need lockpicking level 6 for that, sorry. Urghhhh!

if they were just linked to blades in your inventory and you didn't have to fucking play equip tetris every time to get that exact right combination it would be fine

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far. Only lvl 21/22 but have a few questions...

1) Should I be popping crystals only on certain characters? I read somewhere that you get some blade(s) via story and not to waste the cores. I dunno how true it is or not though
2) When does the 3rd slot open for the blade? I can only equip 2 but I see a 3rd slot.
3) Should I try and keep blades in the same role e.g only healer blades on nia or only attack blades on rex for instance but using different elements?
4) Is there some other ways to level up blades I'm missing? I got electra early on and there is all these little quests at each province to do for her but my lvl hasn't been high enough for her to do any of them yet.
5) Also not really a question but why is it when I'm fighting some kind of boss and I beat them the cutscene after is usually them beating me lol

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far. Only lvl 21/22 but have a few questions...

1) Should I be popping crystals only on certain characters? I read somewhere that you get some blade(s) via story and not to waste the cores. I dunno how true it is or not though
2) When does the 3rd slot open for the blade? I can only equip 2 but I see a 3rd slot.
3) Should I try and keep blades in the same role e.g only healer blades on nia or only attack blades on rex for instance but using different elements?
4) Is there some other ways to level up blades I'm missing? I got electra early on and there is all these little quests at each province to do for her but my lvl hasn't been high enough for her to do any of them yet.
5) Also not really a question but why is it when I'm fighting some kind of boss and I beat them the cutscene after is usually them beating me lol
1.You'll get some blades as part of the story, but you'll want at least three rare blades per character. You can also find override protocols that let you switch the assigned driver, so don't worry too much about matchups.
2.I can't remember the answer, but I don't think it's too far into the game.
3. Certain characters are better suited to certain roles (Rex DPS, Nia Healing, Tora Tank, 4 Agility Tank, 5 DPS), and the blades will benefit certain drivers more, but it's not a hard requirement. I personally had a healing blade on Rex in my final party, and Wulfric, an attack blade on Nia. Sometimes it's good to have a pocket healer on Rex, but do what feels good.
4. Talking to people and completing quests with blades assigned will raise their trust and unlock new levels, as will using them in combat. Arts will also level up over time. But the affinity charts, yeah you pretty much just have to keep an eye and work on those throughout the game if you want to max out your blades. I didn't really do this until after the game was over, so just work on it if you feel you are underpowered.
5. Because Rex is weaksauce at the start of the game. He gets better.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I give up can someone tell me how to beat the side quest whereabouts unknown? I keep getting killed by the T rex

*ha I figured it out nvm

Last edited: