• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gamer @ Heart kinds like this
1514550373471.jpg

1514574658159.jpg

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I think Xenoblade X and Mira spoiled me a bit. While areas such as Gormott and Uraya are big and expansive and a joy to explore, other areas, like Indol and even Temperantia, seem a bit too small/basic. I think they largely put the best environments at the start of the game.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017

I think Mor Ardain is my fav so far. Love the opening ntm that this could have a sick rock rendition

I'm hoping for a rock remix on a Smash 5 Mor Ardain stage with a Day/Night transition and sandstorm hazard. If that doesn't work, then I'll take Tantal but please, not Gormott - too similar to Gaur Plains even if the music is amazing. (This is assuming Smash 5 has any Xenoblade 2 content at all or that it even exists in the first place.)

Oct 25, 2017
canada
I'm hoping for a rock remix on a Smash 5 Mor Ardain stage with a Day/Night transition and sandstorm hazard. If that doesn't work, then I'll take Tantal but please, not Gormott - too similar to Gaur Plains even if the music is amazing. (This is assuming Smash 5 has any Xenoblade 2 content at all or that it even exists in the first place.)

Letheria, tantal, argentum, or mor ardain woukd be cool. Maybe make it like the FE castle stage where it transitions

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I think Xenoblade X and Mira spoiled me a bit. While areas such as Gormott and Uraya are big and expansive and a joy to explore, other areas, like Indol and even Temperantia, seem a bit too small/basic. I think they largely put the best environments at the start of the game.

I agree with this tbh - Aside from Tantal which is one of the best areas over the three games, the mid-late game areas are too dungeon based rather than the epic scale of the Mechonis areas and Sylvalum/Cauldros.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This Tiger Tiger easy mode...still feels like normal mode. Dunno what changed.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just bought this, any good tips going in?

And no, im not the "its best to find out for yourself man!" kind of person, hence why im asking. Im all for mechanic "spoilers" if it makes me not fuck something up, I dont have time for that shit these days :)

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
The basic idea is that you can fully customize Poppi's blade arts, battle skills, and special bonuses. You get parts and ether crystals from Tiger Tiger. Ether crystals can be used to create parts, and parts can be converted into ether crystals.

Each part has an energy cost required to equip it, and Poppi has a total amount of energy, which can be increased by upgrading her energy converter.

Elemental cores are used to change her element. Role CPUs are used to change her stat bonus and role: muscle = strength/ATK, strike = dexterity/ATK, tank = HP/tank, evasion = agility/tank, ether = ether/healer, luck = luck/healer.

Art cards determine her blade arts (the bonuses your blade gives during battle that are triggered randomly). Skill RAM and skill upgrades determine her battle skills (passives). Special enhancing RAM determines the bonuses on her specials.

Check out these threads for some good builds for her:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76136827
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76131230

In terms of farming, you'll want to do either stage 5, which has a chance to drop master role mods (basically tier VI) and other parts which can't be created using ether, or stage 1/2 for simple ether farming.

For builds, people generally make QTPi an attacker, stacking multiple damage mods and using Critical Restore for sustainability, and make QT/Alpha tanks/support.

Thank you SO MUCH for this !
This is correct lol
I just made the switch after a few train rides of grinding tora tora. Everything just dies now. It's rediculous

I want this.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

And no, im not the "its best to find out for yourself man!" kind of person, hence why im asking. Im all for mechanic "spoilers" if it makes me not fuck something up, I dont have time for that shit these days :)
There arent a love of overdrives until late game (item to change blade driver). I there are only 3 or 4
Don't summon a more than necesary blades (3) on Rex
He can use every Blade eventually

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Can someone explain what exactly I need to do to initiate a full burst? I never know what exactly triggers it when I pull one off.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain what exactly I need to do to initiate a full burst? I never know what exactly triggers it when I pull one off.

You need to accumulate 6 "points" to get a Full Burst. For a given round, the first elemental orb that you burst gives 1 point, and every orb after that gives 2.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

There's a yellow bar on the upper left replacing the party gauge during chain attack. Fill it up by breaking elemental seals and you'll trigger full burst. Breaking 5 seals (1 per stage) guarantees a full burst. Breaking 4 seals (2 per stage) also does the trick.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Tried farming gold chips last night, got 3 in about 1 hour. I was hoping the drop rate would get significantly better with every chip that I got but I didn't notice a lick of difference.

Oct 25, 2017

Completely fill up the upper left bar when doing a chain attack. You need to at least break 5 elemental orbs. You can do it with 4 if you break some with the opposite element which makes the meter fill out faster.

choog

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

The first post of this OT has tons of tips and links to even more tips.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

How did you feel about Tantal?

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like they're not doing a good job of making me realise the scale of these titans in totality.

Gormott is the best in that regard. Uraya you see like five seconds during one cutscenes. Mor Ardain is just a haze, I only even know what it's supposed to look like from the small drawing on the world map.

I feel like they did so much more to show off the scale of everything in the first game.

Bob The Skull

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm fairly long in to the game and just figured out how to deal with fights when the game reduce your team size:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
This is probably already mentioned, or common knowledge, but I thought somebody might have the need for it.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
I can usually get two smash combos if I'm lucky. I'll change my blades so I can self combo and not rely on the ai. The chip itself is a treasure sensor so I'm at 150% right now.

Yeah, I think two Smash combos is typical for that enemy. If you have them, use Adenine and put Treasure Sensor on Poppi; should help a bit.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if my luck is just abysmal or if I'm doing something wrong.

Are different rewards locked behind different levels in Tiger Tiger? I'm playing level 5 since I assume it has the best rewards but when I do get something other than trash it's always a dark elemental core or a master ether mod. I've gotten 7 dark cores and 3 ether mods now, but I don't even want either of those.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Getting pretty tired of the way common and even rare core crystals work. It's a real slog cracking open a few dozen crystals and only getting one or two rare blades. There's no way to quickly use a large number of crystals, is there?

Also, can you get duplicate rare blades? I haven't seen this happen yet, but I only have <10 rare blades so far (in chapter 8).

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
got this today. xenogears is one of my favorite jrpgs of all time and i've played all the other xeno games except for chronicles 1 on the wii u (i have it) but the text was too small for me to enjoy the game so i never got far

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
finally finished all the superbosses, the lv100 one is actually the hardest...
and my #4 is so bad at keeping aggro.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMG I am on Chapter 7 and just got the
third sword

WTF with that obvious reference to Xenoblade 1 ending. Is Shulk or Alvis the architect? Dont answer me please haha

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting pretty tired of the way common and even rare core crystals work. It's a real slog cracking open a few dozen crystals and only getting one or two rare blades. There's no way to quickly use a large number of crystals, is there?

Also, can you get duplicate rare blades? I haven't seen this happen yet, but I only have <10 rare blades so far (in chapter 8).

I was in the same position as you. I raised my Luck levels with third level items and after opening more or less 30 common / rare cores, I got 5 rare blades. Maybe that can help you to. I even got the infamous QUEEN DAHLIA.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Completely fill up the upper left bar when doing a chain attack. You need to at least break 5 elemental orbs. You can do it with 4 if you break some with the opposite element which makes the meter fill out faster.
I'm 40 hours into the game and 100+ every previous Xenoblade and I don't have a damn clue how to break an elemental orb

Good job, me