• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
Who the hell thought locking Poppi progression behing Tiger! Tiger! was a good idea? Been playing it over and over for like 4 hours now.

Give me strength brothers and sisters.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my party members back in chapter 8. Have to say, while the story is sublime, I've hated the gameplay in chapter 7 and 8 so far. Seriously annoying dungeons with a massively gimped party and OP enemies.

I thought Ch7 was bad without Mythra Pyra but chapter 8's first section where you have basically no one is even worse. Massive waves of enemies and a hugely gimped party is hardly fun times.

Now I've got the gang back together I'm gonna go do some side quests to power level and have some fun with the hysterically OP ascended Pyra. Seriously, that shit is nuts.

Best thing though? Rex has some sick ass threads now. As much as the gameplay wasn't the best in my view, the story beats have been utterly incredible. I loved the scene when Pyra finally awoke in the fight agains Jin and Malos and everything just went full fucking Anime - ROBOOOOTS!!!

Has anyone got any advice for how best to make use of
ascended Pyra
? As in, is it best to build up orbs then use right before a chain attack? Do you get a huge boost from their specials if you do?

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally got my party members back in chapter 8. Have to say, while the story is sublime, I've hated the gameplay in chapter 7 and 8 so far. Seriously annoying dungeons with a massively gimped party and OP enemies.

I thought Ch7 was bad without Mythra Pyra but chapter 8's first section where you have basically no one is even worse. Massive waves of enemies and a hugely gimped party is hardly fun times.

Now I've got the gang back together I'm gonna go do some side quests to power level and have some fun with the hysterically OP ascended Pyra. Seriously, that shit is nuts.

Best thing though? Rex has some sick ass threads now. As much as the gameplay wasn't the best in my view, the story beats have been utterly incredible. I loved the scene when Pyra finally awoke in the fight agains Jin and Malos and everything just went full fucking Anime - ROBOOOOTS!!!

Has anyone got any advice for how best to make use of
ascended Pyra
? As in, is it best to build up orbs then use right before a chain attack? Do you get a huge boost from their specials if you do?
she is a finisher
her damage output is incredible, but you loose Critical Mythra, so save Miku for 1 last orb of whatever element you cant make other wise and tehn jump into Chain Attack. Miku also has the quality that she hits all Orbs on her Turn, so if you have 4 orbs, and do it right, you can get Full Burst by turn 3, and yes, her damage with Chain Attack multiplier is massive

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
she is a finisher
her damage output is incredible, but you loose Critical Mythra, so save Miku for 1 last orb of whatever element you cant make other wise and tehn jump into Chain Attack. Miku also has the quality that she hits all Orbs on her Turn, so if you have 4 orbs, and do it right, you can get Full Burst by turn 3, and yes, her damage with Chain Attack multiplier is massive
Holy crap, didn't know that stuff about her orb busting potential. Awesome, cheers!

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Evasion ATK is a pretty fun build. Pad Rex and Mythra with agility mods and aux cores and once max affinity is reached you are untouchable. If only she can cancel debuffs she can literally solo anybody.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got all the Blades and completed the story and boy what a ride it was!! I'll probably funnel the majority of my attention to something else until the next story expansion comes around.

I won't lie, I felt the ending was a bit of a cop out. I don't mind happy endings, but having it right after those dramatic bits basically kills the weight of Pyra/Mythra's actions. Would've definitely preferred if they had a time skip and had Pyra/Mythra be summoned when Rex was older or at least after they have settled into their new world.

And sorry Rex, but you chose poorly. Nia best girl, bro, blade!!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
60 hours in now and the game feels like it's coming to an end. XB1 is definitely much longer story wise without the inevitable dlc. My last 7 rare core crystals have been nothing but common blades. I'm convinced I won't get KOS-MOS before it ends :(

Chapter 9 spoilers below.

The whole thing with Mikhail dying was seriously very sad. I knew he was never really a bad guy from the way he talks with Patroka but yeah even though he was somewhat of a joke character it still was very sad. So now we've got a few of Torna left including Malos and then there's another bad guy in Amalthus. Man, some of the best scenes were in chapter 8! Loved the sky battle but I'm not sure how we can fast travel so much if Poppi can run out of boost quickly. I guess fast travel doesn't count haha but the game did say she has limited boosts to get to each Titan.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
60 hours in now and the game feels like it's coming to an end. XB1 is definitely much longer story wise without the inevitable dlc. My last 7 rare core crystals have been nothing but common blades. I'm convinced I won't get KOS-MOS before it ends :(

Chapter 9 spoilers below.

The whole thing with Mikhail dying was seriously very sad. I knew he was never really a bad guy from the way he talks with Patroka but yeah even though he was somewhat of a joke character it still was very sad. So now we've got a few of Torna left including Malos and then there's another bad guy in Amalthus. Man, some of the best scenes were in chapter 8! Loved the sky battle but I'm not sure how we can fast travel so much if Poppi can run out of boost quickly. I guess fast travel doesn't count haha but the game did say she has limited boosts to get to each Titan.

Caring about Mikhail at all is a testament to the voice acting, music use and quality of the scene you referred to. Like you say, he never comes across an evil and he is played for laughs more anything, but it's still sad to see him go out. At least he gets a good death. Rex and Pneuma also get a moment of awesomeness too.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Got the final boss to under 50% at about lvl68. Can you dodge the one
hit kill attack
though? Probably should have unleashed my chain attack when I had the chance but still. Had to turn the game off for a bit after that, lol.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Is there a complete list of sidequests and merc missions online somewhere?

I'd especially like to find all the different merc missions from talking to people at certain times of the day.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Finally finished the game after 140 hours, and playing it since release. I have all but one rare blade. It was a pretty emotional ride through the end, but I absolutely loved it! I'm pretty burnt out, though, so I think I'll pass on end game mega bosses, and wait around for the story DLC.

Also, the guy who voiced the English VO for Malos needs an award. He did a phenomenal job.

My wife and I were blown away by the reveal of the connection between Chronicles and Chronicles 2; Klaus' second half of his body being Zanza, the final boss of Chronicles, and both games and final battles occurring at the same time in separate universes. We went back and re-watched Chronicles' ending afterwards.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So I got some of these Hero Vambraces and they look pretty damn great. The description says "Increases damage dealt to higher-level enemies by 60%". Bad ass, but what constitutes a higher level enemy?

Nov 8, 2017
Finally finished the game after 140 hours, and playing it since release. I have all but one rare blade. It was a pretty emotional ride through the end, but I absolutely loved it! I'm pretty burnt out, though, so I think I'll pass on end game mega bosses, and wait around for the story DLC.

Also, the guy who voiced the English VO for Malos needs an award. He did a phenomenal job.

My wife and I were blown away by the reveal of the connection between Chronicles and Chronicles 2; Klaus' second half of his body being Zanza, the final boss of Chronicles, and both games and final battles occurring at the same time in separate universes. We went back and re-watched Chronicles' ending afterwards.

So much love for this game. I love it.

Yeah, I too was blown away by the events leading to the ending. It was unexpected too.

My plan is to hold out until story dlc hits to replay it all but, I get the feeling I'm gonna get sucked back in once the next update drops in February.

Random note but I remember when X came out & I took a quick look at a forum for some assistance & some eejit purposely filled the thread with spoilers in CAPITAL letters and complete ruined my playthrough. (Yeah, I know, my bad for looking) Point I'm making is that I avoided almost all trailers/news update for this game before playing & im so glad I did. The fact that X2 was coming was all I needed to know.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Perceval today. "Just" Newt and Vale left. At this rate I might just unlock them by the time the story DLC is released.

Garf02

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I got some of these Hero Vambraces and they look pretty damn great. The description says "Increases damage dealt to higher-level enemies by 60%". Bad ass, but what constitutes a higher level enemy?
any enemy that its level is higher than the party member with the item equipped on

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
About 23 hours in, not in love with the game yet. Chapter 4 has been a real slog so far although chapter 3 had some really good moments.

Nia is great though. Welsh cat ladies for life.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
So I have a bunch of gold chips now but I dont know if and how they stack. If I put 3 on Rex's blades does it increase my drop rate more? Or do I only need them on 1 blade? And do they stack even more if I put them on my other 2 party members blades? Can I stack 9 of them and get mad loot?

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's finally happened. I've now pulled all the rare blades.

I feel kinda sad in a way, but at least I'm playing with a full deck now!

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm at a point where I need to do some grinding. I went back to do some side quests starting in Gromott. All of my side quests are no longer in my log and there are none to be found. I have not completed one in Gromott yet but have accepted quite a few. Anyone know what might have happened?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
That happened to me for a bit in the middle of the game - it may be related to the main story. I just carried on the main quest and hey reappeared after a bit.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
My boyfriend finally started to play to XC2. His first rare blades : Kora and KOS-MOS... The last I got lol. Nice start at chapter 3.

...>.>

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Finally bought this game today and noticed it doesn't output in 5.1 surround sound when my switch is docked to my home theater system. Does it not support surround sound at all or what?

Oct 25, 2017
Well just finished it, I'm still missing some rare blade..., is so silly to be random, worst thing in the game (after the English VA, worst VA I hear by far, it looks like there is no interactions between the characters, the actors just read random lines with no expression or meaning, after a few hours in, I switched to Japanese and never went back)
110Hs aprox (the time says 130+, but I know there are like 20hs extra from one time that it went crazy on stand by)

The story is awesome, I'm rely surprise with what they achieve on the switch hardware
lots of similitude with the 1st one, but far more simple, a shame they don't let you drive Jin or Malos after you beat it, or allow you to have always the 3rd form of Homura

Is there any post game content? the game doesn't tell you anything, just save and leave right before the final boss again, lol.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm on the final chapter now!

Spoilers for Chapter 9 and final chapter below!

Chapter 9 spoilers

Alright, this chapter was epic as hell. The fight with Jin was tough as hell but I had an item that filled the guage everytime I get an excellent after being wiped about 5 times equipped and it was much smoother. I really did love the scenes afterward. I'm guessing Ahkos and Patroka are dead but the flashbacks were the most sad part of it all. Amalthus, while a huge arsehole even has a very sad story with his mum. It was very nice of him to see his mum while dying in a vision. The story is taking a crazy turn right now with Jin dead and Malos being the only one alive with the Architect.

Final Chapter

Holy crap, it's Klaus and Galea! The Architect calls Malos Logos. I am getting a huge Xenosaga and Gears vibe here with this.

Hopefully going to finish it later. Is there any heart to hearts I should keep note of? I noticed a few opened.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good method for getting legendary cores with a party that's only around level 80? I've been going around refighting some unique monsters but only got one legendary so far.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I did it

zXvMDfB.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good method for getting legendary cores with a party that's only around level 80? I've been going around refighting some unique monsters but only got one legendary so far.
Vampire Bride Marion in the Uraya Stomach. Equip your entire team with gold chips, then just keep smashing her over and over (eew, that sounds kinda wrong haha) to make her drop plenty of cores of all types including legendary. By pure luck, she happens to drop gold chips herself.

In half an hour I had about 50 rares and 30 legendaries and they were enough to pull my final 3 rare blades.

She's level 65 and fairly tame initially but can become quite damaging when she rages so stay on your toes.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm 8 rare blades from a complete set. Any advice on how to get the last few?
7 are from sidequests. They are
Vess, Kasandra, Sheba, Theory, Praxis, Herald, Poppi QTpi
. 20 Rare Blades come from random core crystals. For those, maximize your luck (luck accessories, also some Blades give a boost to luck if they are engaged) and grind legendary core crystals by smashing high level uniques with Gold core chips equipped. The remaining 11 come from the main story.

Last edited:

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Right now the only two I'm missing are Percival and Kos Mos. Does Kos Mos not start appearing until after beating the game or something like that?

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird because for a while now Percival has been the only silhouette that appears when it shows like the preview of what could unlock when opening a blade. I haven't seen anything that looks like KOS-MOS

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
7 are from sidequests. They are
Vess, Kasandra, Sheba, Theory, Praxis, Herald, Poppi QTpi
. 20 Rare Blades come from random core crystals. For those, maximize your luck (luck accessories, also some Blades give a boost to luck if they are engaged) and grind legendary core crystals by smashing high level uniques with Gold core chips equipped. The remaining 11 come from the main story.
Nice to know I'm missing 1 blade via sidequest. Would it also help to stock up on boosters and increase idea levels?

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to know I'm missing 1 blade via sidequest. Would it also help to stock up on boosters and increase idea levels?
I'm not sure if those actually help all that much tbh. I know they influence what element of Blade you get and they might increase your chances of a Rare, but if you're grinding for the last several Rare Blades you'll need a *lot* of Boosters if you're going to be using them on every Core Crystal. You can only have so many Boosters at once, though, so that means getting more every couple of Crystals pulled.

Also, which are you missing from sidequests? We can help you track down what sidequest needs to be done.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
That's weird because for a while now Percival has been the only silhouette that appears when it shows like the preview of what could unlock when opening a blade. I haven't seen anything that looks like KOS-MOS
The silhouette used in the animation is different from the artwork. When I got KOS-MOS I didn't recognize her.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Just reached Indol...the music in this game man... *HHHNNNGGG*

EDIT: Just became night time .... *HHHNNNGGG*

Nov 1, 2017
Finally got around to starting today, have yet to go beyond the first starting port and finding the game charming so far. I like salvaging though the results feel a tad random, is it fully RNG?

Is there anything a person should know starting out or an article that points to things a person should know to begin with.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Starting Chapter 3. Enjoying it, still not exactly sure how the combat fully works, lol.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if those actually help all that much tbh. I know they influence what element of Blade you get and they might increase your chances of a Rare, but if you're grinding for the last several Rare Blades you'll need a *lot* of Boosters if you're going to be using them on every Core Crystal. You can only have so many Boosters at once, though, so that means getting more every couple of Crystals pulled.

Also, which are you missing from sidequests? We can help you track down what sidequest needs to be done.
Herald is the only side quest one I need.

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm on the verge of quitting the game due to the
phantasm fight in chapter 7.
I have read all the tips about how to do it online, but I just can't get the timing right. And I can't seem to last long enough for
them to eventually run out (if they even do, I've read conflicting information).

Really bummed to come this far and get stuck on such a completely stupid thing.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Vampire Bride Marion in the Uraya Stomach. Equip your entire team with gold chips, then just keep smashing her over and over (eew, that sounds kinda wrong haha) to make her drop plenty of cores of all types including legendary. By pure luck, she happens to drop gold chips herself.

In half an hour I had about 50 rares and 30 legendaries and they were enough to pull my final 3 rare blades.

She's level 65 and fairly tame initially but can become quite damaging when she rages so stay on your toes.
Well thanks to this, though I didn't get nearly that many cores, I managed to get Percival after 6 legendaries. Only one left now

Just reached Indol...the music in this game man... *HHHNNNGGG*

EDIT: Just became night time .... *HHHNNNGGG*
Indol has my absolute favorite field music in the game, and yeah the nighttime version is amazing. I need them to announce the OST already lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
OK THIS IS BULLSHIT SERIOUSLY. The final chapter seems to hand you rare core crystals and even the higher tier ones. I opened like 7 and GOT NOTHING BUT COMMON BLADES.

Final chapter spoilers below

Ok so I do believe i'm right before the final boss door and all the stuff Klaus talked about was crazy. The game definitley dropped a super ton of information there. This is the same Klaus from Xenoblade chronicles? The games are somewhat connected then! I mean, there can be no other Klaus and Galea (Meyneth). I'm very impressed with this last chapter. The part where you get to Elysium to find it's nothing but old ruins and the party fighting you after was cool. I opened all my rare crystals and got nothing of note sadly so I had to make do with Roc, Vale, and Electra. I had to use the acessory to heal critical damage per hit because I had a lot of trouble with Morag in particular. So Pyra's real name is Pneuma, Malos is Logos, and there's an Onthos. The scene with Malos and artifice Aion reminded me of Wilhelm and Zarathustra at the end of Xenosaga episode III.

Hope to finish it tomorrow.... but I'm super sad KOS-MOS did not join me on my adventure. That's what I wanted most of all. Rare blade rates are too low. I haven't gotten a single rare blade since chapter 7. RIP.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
OK THIS IS BULLSHIT SERIOUSLY. The final chapter seems to hand you rare core crystals and even the higher tier ones. I opened like 7 and GOT NOTHING BUT COMMON BLADES.
Every rare blade has individual odds, there is no set chance for rares. Every rare you get means your odds of getting another rare decrease.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK THIS IS BULLSHIT SERIOUSLY. The final chapter seems to hand you rare core crystals and even the higher tier ones. I opened like 7 and GOT NOTHING BUT COMMON BLADES
Once you have about half of the Rares from RNG, the odds for finding any more drops like a rock. It's bad and they need to fix this. Your best chance is maximizing your luck stat and grinding legendary core crystals.