• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the latest website update:

Hello, everyone. I'm Takahashi of MonolithSoft.
In this, my first production note of 2018, I start with a bug report.
In update v1.2.0, in the middle of chapter 7, there is a bug wherein a Blade synchronized with a certain Driver will not be displayed on the Blade List in specific circumstances. (Not being displayed does not mean that the Blade has disappeared.)
This glitch was introduced as a result of changes made in preparation for the upcoming 'New Game +' mode to be implemented when v1.3.0 launches mid-February.
A fix to this bug will also be included in the v1.3.0 update.
Although this will be inconvenient for about half a month,
I ask that you please be patient and know that this is still in active development.
Additional information regarding the contents of v1.3.0 will be shared as we approach its release.

shitty translation c/o google feat. me, please critique it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
:p

well I'm glad we're finally getting NG+, but the NG+ better be special.

While it's not clear which additional story blade(s) we get, I'm hoping they get their own quest lines and aren't simply handed to us upon completion of a story beat. It wouldn't make sense for us to get any of the enemy blades with the story as it is, so I would like to see the cutscenes amended to reflect this.

Either way, hyped. Hope we don't lose too much of our stuff cuz I really don't wanna grind Ursula and Roc back up please god don't make me do it

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this going to be the update with the new Blade?

This will presumably give us access to previously inaccessible blades used within the story by enemies.
The new blade(s) included with the season pass are unrelated to this, and that content is coming in the spring.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
In that case I'm going to wait for this patch before jumping back in, hey I'm fine with any rare blades being added as long as none of them have Ursula's BS to go with them.

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the update gives us some way to just get any remaining rare blades. My game clock is screwed up, but I've put in tons of time and am still missing 3 of them. Those rare blade sidequests have been some of my favorite parts of the game thus far and I'd hate to get tired of the game before having played through them all.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 1's NG+ was pretty barebones and Xenoblade X didn't have NG+, so I'm curious about how substantial Xenoblade 2's NG+ might be.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Neat, hopefully i am able to transfer my blades too! Then i will surely start a NG + playthrough right of the bat once the update is out :P

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
From what's been communicated so far, this NG+ will give us access to an additional blade or blades, which have been hinted to be those used by opponents within the story.
Well, there are 4 primary blades used by the opponents.... but that begs the question
Will it include the flesh eaters themselves, since Nia established a precedence

Also, I my go head and buy the season pass because of this

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I will never again grind through Ursula's affinity chart again, so if they don't include the ability to transfer blades with their current trust level then I ain't touching it.

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
This got me thinking about the story DLC planed for late 2018... wouldn't it be cool if they were working on a better assets streaming for the game and that it would make possible for transitioning between the maps seaming less ?
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there are 4 primary blades used by the opponents.... but that begs the question
Will it include the flesh eaters themselves, since Nia established a precedence

Also, I my go head and buy the season pass because of this

Obrona, Perdido, Cressidus, and Sever. Then Lila and Fan, technically. Then Akhos, Patroka, Mikhail, and Jin, if we count flesh eaters. Then Malos himself, I suppose. There's a lot of room there for bonus content.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
They don't plan on fiwing the portable mode right ... :\ ? Like, i don't know, lowering some lods to raise the res..
This is what stops me from buying it.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Obrona, Perdido, Cressidus, and Sever. Then Lila and Fan, technically. Then Akhos, Patroka, Mikhail, and Jin, if we count flesh eaters. Then Malos himself, I suppose. There's a lot of room there for bonus content.
I was thinking only the first four would be recruitable. I'm not entirely sure how the core members of Torna joining would work for the story.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'd say that
Obrona, Perdido, Cressidus, Sever and Fan are happening, since they are all blades that are unrecruitalbe for story reasons, but are full on blade designs otherwise.

I'd say Malos actually is happening due to him following standard art rules in combat, and gives us a playable version of the Monado.
For flesh eaters... that's the question mark. Also you forgot Cole.

Also Mikhail won't be happening, blade eater, not flesh eater remember?
Should be fun to see what we get, since there are a potential 8 blades you can't get for story reasons that'd really mix things up

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking only the first four would be recruitable. I'm not entirely sure how the core members of Torna joining would work for the story.
Yeah, story-wise it would be very odd indeed.

I like how the addition of
KOS-MOS
set a precedent for adding rare blades from other series. Go on Nintendo, add Link or Samus. That would be incredible.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
these are bonus blades from the story for new game plus for a reason. As in the story you destroy the torna blade core crystals, so using them doesn't make sense story wise either.

Also Cole and Fan are potential options too

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Meh did they really take that out!?
Meh! Meh! Meh! Meh!
Naughty naughty Monolith!

DT6GkXWX4AEIPEN.jpg

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
these are bonus blades from the story for new game plus for a reason. As in the story you destroy the torna blade core crystals, so using them doesn't make sense story wise either.

Also Cole and Fan are potential options too
The four Blades the Torna members partner with in the early chapters get their core crystals cracked, but I believe a screencap from Chapter 6 showed Aegaeon's core crystal with the same crack, and his core crystal still became usable later on.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
That's great news. I just finished the game last night and I'm utterly thrilled with it. Took a long time to understand it all but once all the systems clicked it blew me away.

OP
OP
Miller

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that
Obrona, Perdido, Cressidus, Sever and Fan are happening, since they are all blades that are unrecruitalbe for story reasons, but are full on blade designs otherwise.

I'd say Malos actually is happening due to him following standard art rules in combat, and gives us a playable version of the Monado.
For flesh eaters... that's the question mark. Also you forgot Cole.

Also Mikhail won't be happening, blade eater, not flesh eater remember?
Should be fun to see what we get, since there are a potential 8 blades you can't get for story reasons that'd really mix things up

That's good point about Mikhail! Forgot about that. Cole, though? That'd be interesting. I just want Lila tbh

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The four Blades the Torna members partner with in early chapters get their core crystals cracked, but I believe a screencap from Chapter 6 showed Aegaeon's core crystal with the same crack, and his core crystal still became usable later on.
Eh, true
still doesn't rule out Fan or Cole though, although, I still wouldn't rule out Malos since like I said before it'd be the easy way to do a playable Monado, and he is a true blade

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I think we'll only be getting the four Torna Blades, and maybe Dughall's. I'd be quite surprised if we got Fan, as she'd require more work than the others due to not having any battle animations, abilities, etc. already in the game.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, true
still doesn't rule out Fan or Cole though, although, I still wouldn't rule out Malos since like I said before it'd be the easy way to do a playable Monado, and he is a true blade
I can't find a screencap at the moment since you only catch glimpses of it in cutscenes, but Pneuma's sword looks a bit like a Monado as well when it's sheathed. It doesn't have any symbols or any Monado Arts, but it has the same type of circle above the hilt as Malos' Monado.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's good point about Mikhail! Forgot about that. Cole, though? That'd be interesting. I just want Lila tbh
that begs the question though, would Lila act as a Poppi you could apply to anyone, or a unique fourth blade for Tora, perhaps a true healer, the one blade type he lacks

I think we'll only be getting the four Torna Blades, and maybe Dughall's. I'd be quite surprised if we got Fan, as she'd require more work than the others due to not having any battle animations, abilities, etc. already in the game.
thing with that argument is that out of non playable blades, the Torna themselves also have full battle animations of a type, and so does Malos, who would be the ultimate unlockabke blade. Also just because we haven't seen the animations doesn't mean Fan doesn't have any, especially since she is an actual blade

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that NG+ is free makes me want to buy the season pass. Nintendo seems to have learned from the criticism of BOTW dlc.
Also I'm super glad that that's a glitch. It had made me not want to use one of my favorite blades because I need to use Merc mission for another blade.
I also find it funny that if you played to the part they're talk about you know exactly what they're talking about.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For people that have already played XB2, should I wait for more DLC to be released before playing it? My friend got me a copy for Christmas but I haven't started it yet.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Crap. Just got to chapter 7. Guess I'll just do some side stuff for a bit until the patch.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
They sure are putting out an impressive number of patches that do nothing to address the horrible handheld mode res issues. Lol.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
NG+? For XB2? Please devs don't block content behind the second playthourgh of your 100 hour game!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Recap of New Game + stuff being added:

• In your second playthrough, you will be able to have "those" Blades join your party!
  • You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc Group
  • Unlock the "LV 4 Special" of a certain Blade.
I actually don't know who this certain blade is.