• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Are you kidding me? The game is already too east. Only times I get close to dying is when I aggro a dozen enemies or so. Which ironically makes you kill em faster since area damage etc.

No, it wouldn't be too easy. It would be liveable. I am so fed up with these asinine battles. The only thing thing they're challenging is my patience.

It's not like you have to use it if there's an easy mode. But I don't have time for this shit. I played for an hour just now, and I had barely moved during that time because of the battles against enemies that never die.

I've died, but it's usually because a higher level enemy somehow joins the battle.

Otherwise, I agree, a lot of the battles feel long, not hard.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Adding a new one:
Every time i do a "field action" that requires blade habilities, it keeps listing how many blades have the hability even when the level requirements are fullfilled.
It looks like a bug to be honest.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Really would just like a way to see how gear/items in stores compare to what I have equipped prior to purchase. Seems like such a basic RPG thing that's been around for generations, and yet it's not here.

BOTW-like autosaves in addition to the manual save slot would be appreciated as well.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
why do I see a lot of people complaining about HP when I have to lurk for enemies that dont dies in 1 LVIII blade art?

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not going to read the whole thread but I'm hoping every post has something ABOUT THE GODDAMN SHITTY ASS MAP UI

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
5) Fix the audio mixing , sound levels are all over the damn place. also lower the frequency , hiyaass and haaahss during combat.
6) Literally scrap your entire navigation and map systems and copy them as is from the previous games.

I agree with a lot of your suggestions but especially these. The audio mixing is pretty awful. Random background noises and ambient music should not be overpowering the indicator that I did something good. You're messing with my Pavlovian responses over here.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
The Map. The goddamn map screen. It's confusing and unintutive. Quick Travel should also show your icon on the individual locals, in addition to what it has now (the Titan you're on, and then showing the area you're in on the map, but not on the name of the area). I think it'd also be nice to mark a location on the map and that makes a waypoint for you. It's especially frustrating navigating when the icon for the map is small and you're not sure if you're going in the right direction when you quick travel somewhere.

I'd like to see more Rare Cores added, and a Collection book you can add stuff to, maybe granting bonus XP or other rewards.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It would be convenient that quicktravel automatically selects the area or at least the titan you are at the moment, instead of having to navigate from Argentum to your desired location, when most of times i want to travel to another point in the same titan I am.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wanting some performance patches, and some QOL updates for the interfaces and stuff (map is a big one, I feel).

Besides that, this is probably my game of the year so far... which I honestly didn't expect going into it!

I thought it would be very good but i'm glad it even exceeded my expectations, a really great game and JRPG. This is what i would want from Square Enix too. (fantastic world, good story, good characters, good fighting system and the most beautifull jrpg towns in years, or ever)

Also agree with the qol updates and i think they will adress some of the problems.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
why do I see a lot of people complaining about HP when I have to lurk for enemies that dont dies in 1 LVIII blade art?

What game are you playing and what level gap are you to where a level 3 blade art one shots an enemy? It also depends on their elemental weakness.

Everyone is saying that it shouldnt take as long as it does to fight an enemy thats on your level or slightly above.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I guess don't use NoE again for the localization. The writing and voice acting don't really fit the anime stylings. Also jesus does the voice acting sound bad. I laughed so hard when the voice actress for Mythra tried to toughen up her voice and that line of "ask her bye!!" sounded less like some goddness super weapon and some fly girl. I haven't laughed so hard at English va in a jrpg in so long.

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
Another thing to add: When you get items from enemies, locations, chests, etc I wish there was a way to pick them up automatically instead of going over each individual item. I am early into the game so not sure if there is a skill later to do this.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Another thing to add: When you get items from enemies, locations, chests, etc I wish there was a way to pick them up automatically instead of going over each individual item. I am early into the game so not sure if there is a skill later to do this.
im just at chapter 2, but there is a side quest that the reward is an item that increase teh auto gather area for item

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
You could at least use an example of bad localization if your gonna critique NoA. That line was great.
that was the example of bad localization
1457354241915.jpg

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
One idea I have to address the costumes issue is doing something similar to the blade upgrades. Instead of doing a complete head/torso/legs custimization (which if fun but often looks sloppy), do costumes that change the general aesthetic. Whether or not these are tied to any abilities, idk, but just an idea.

It could also work that it changes depending on your "class."

But yes please fix the darn map!!

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
My main complaints are a little too fanservicey, handheld could be better, and allow me to have a big easily accessible map. Right now I have to go to skip travel and jump around to see points outside a very small nearby window:

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
Adding a new one:
Every time i do a "field action" that requires blade habilities, it keeps listing how many blades have the hability even when the level requirements are fullfilled.
It looks like a bug to be honest.
They show all of them because they stack. For example, if you need a level 3 lock picking, you can get by with three level 1 used in succession.

Laur

Oct 27, 2017
The game seems balanced around using driver/fusion combos on enemies. Trash mobs die very quickly if you set up your team for instant break/topple/launch/smash. Pouch items are also incredibly strong mainly for flat arts/special regeneration.

I think the main issue is that the tutorials are awful as they only mention most things once, the game really needed a manual like XCX.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
Please tell us the secrets to playing this game.
Exploit enemy weaknesses, specifically making sure that the level 3 finisher is their weakness
Don't chain attack enemies at the start of battle because you'll lose the ability to revive.
Strengthen your Arts with WP.
Use SP to unlock the Rapid Attack ability ASAP for everyone and put their Driver Art move on A so you can immediately break, topple, launch an enemy at the start of battle
AOE is your friend.
Use pouch items to auto charge your Special and buy a lot of them so they instantly refill. Put Art auto charge items in the second pouch.
Use your common blades on merc missions when you unlock it; S ranked blades give valuable items to power you up further.
You have to look at the blade affinity chart to unlock the nodes.
Accessories have levels, so make sure you get the best ones. Same thing for Aux Cores.
Use your core chips. It makes a massive difference in auto attack.
Always cancel into your Arts and Specials. They get a damage boost when you do. If you cancel on the third auto attack, it restores three times the Special attack.
Always level up in the inn. In addition, always go exploring in a new area before you go back to the main quest so you'll have lots of bonus experience. And make sure to constantly run merc missions, because that's bonus exp too.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exploit enemy weaknesses, specifically making sure that the level 3 finisher is their weakness
Don't chain attack enemies at the start of battle because you'll lose the ability to revive.
Use SP to unlock the Rapid Attack ability ASAP for everyone and put their Driver Art move on A so you can immediately break, topple, launch an enemy at the start of battle
AOE is your friend.
Use pouch items to auto charge your Special and buy a lot of them so they instantly refill. Put Art auto charge items in the second pouch.
Use your common blades on merc missions when you unlock it; S ranked blades give valuable items to power you up further.
Accessories have levels, so make sure you get the best ones. Same thing for Aux Cores.
Always cancel into your Arts and Specials. They get a damage boost when you do. If you cancel on the third auto attack, it restores three times the Special attack.
Always level up in the inn. In addition, always go exploring in a new area before you go back to the main quest so you'll have lots of bonus experience. And make sure to constantly run merc missions, because that's bonus exp too.
So basicly just play the game.....yeah none of this is hard to grasp.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
AOE is your friend.
This is the best and directly to the point Advanced Combat tips I've seen online for the game. Cheers!

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really needed the trail ball from X. I'm actively avoiding side quest because just figuring out where to go in this game is obnoxious. The compass just points in a direction but doesn't really take in account where the objective really is. Is it blocked off? Does it require a special way to get there? Do you have to go around.

I can't believe how much they fucked up this area of the game. It feels so poorly designed compared to the others.

It's honestly pretty hilarious. With the verticallty of the levels. Something that simply says "go in this direction" doesn't help.

Last edited: