IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
I have to ask, is Zeon the same kid from the past who was kind of a rival/bully to Noah's team when they were in training?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
That's interesting but there is a statue that looks exactly like Shulk, wearing some goggles on his head. The description mentions he made his own weapons and was a mechanic. I don't see how that statue isn't Shulk.

I personally think that's a new character. But granted, I totally see where you're coming from. It lines up well. There's six characters right there though, so maybe we'll find out in a year.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
I'm losing interest half way through chapter 4. The writing and voice acting and environment design seems to have fallen off a cliff in this area. WTF happened? Up to this point it has been spectacular.

I want to push through to see the story but honestly this part of the game is killing my interest.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow (chapter 5 hero) Fiona seems wild for chain attacks.

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Lowered the difficulty to normal just to try Gray and I did 2x the Chain Attack damage I usually do, lmao this guy is broken, if I wasn't playing on Hard he would be my main hero pick

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I wish the game would let us use (start of chap 6) Mio's "M" costume at any time, man. I love how it looks :( hopefully we unlock it later or something

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I have to ask, is Zeon the same kid from the past who was kind of a rival/bully to Noah's team when they were in training?

I don't think so, they say that kid's name several times. I don't remember it off the top of my head, but it's not Zeon.

Ah ok, I was wondering because Kite, who was friends with that bully in the past, is associated with Zeon, and because both him and that kid have the wings in their heads I thought they were the same.

There's a whole race of people with the head wings, lol.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently

about to fight N after defeating M.

Have I hit the part everyone says is like the best sequence in the series yet?

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
How exactly do Chain Attacks work when you start them with a level 3 interlink? I thought you were supposed to get an Ouroboros Order and then go into a regular chain attack, but whenever I do it I just get another Ouroboros order, after which the chain ends. I can do way more damage with a regular chain attack.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pondering queer temporality a lot recently and because of that I feel like my reaction to the beginning of Chapter 5 was a bit muted, though it was objectively a moving scene. A little aggressively heterosexual with the whole cycle of life, marriage, babies, death.

I really enjoyed Sena's ascension quest overall but it felt more like the hero involved's story than hers, haha.

This quest made me feel way more sympathetic towards Shania and filled in a lot of gaps about her character. I got the impression that Moebius did not do what she really desired by making her Moebius instead of Agnus or Keves (which from the ending of Chapter 5 it seemed she was gunning for with the desire to resurrect and try again, which Moebius doesn't have since they live forever). And because becoming Moebius means she retained her abusive parent memories rather than starting from scratch.

Shania is a really sympathetic character. I related to her immediately and the side story just made a sad story more tragic. Her heel turn was perfectly understandable and her desire for a world where you can get do overs made sense. I really enjoyed her perspective and it was refreshing to see that the things that the heroes are fighting for can negatively affect people.

I do wish Ghondor did some introspection. I was happy to see Shanias mom get told off but would have been satisfying to also see Ghondor reflecting on her behavior towards Shania and that maybe her approach wasnt the best way to encourage her. That scene between Monica and her at the end was really sweet however.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
How exactly do Chain Attacks work when you start them with a level 3 interlink? I thought you were supposed to get an Ouroboros Order and then go into a regular chain attack, but whenever I do it I just get another Ouroboros order, after which the chain ends. I can do way more damage with a regular chain attack.
Yeah a level 3 one is way worse

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019

Way better to activate interlink on final turn of a regular chain attack.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah a level 3 one is way worse

Oh, ok, weird. So I'm not misunderstanding anything? I experimented a little thinking I must be doing it wrong, like I tried using both characters from the interlink used to start the chain, then neither of them, then I thought maybe the character you were controlling had to be chosen first…

But if that's just how they work why would you ever even do the level 3 interlink chain attack? Seems completely pointless. Unless it changes later or something, I'm on chapter 4.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, ok, weird. So I'm not misunderstanding anything? I experimented a little thinking I must be doing it wrong, like I tried using both characters from the interlink used to start the chain, then neither of them, then I thought maybe the character you were controlling had to be chosen first…

But if that's just how they work why would you ever even do the level 3 interlink chain attack? Seems completely pointless. Unless it changes later or something, I'm on chapter 4.

Youre supposed to get 2 rounds when you chain attack with interlink level 3.

Regular chain attacks: as many as you can, and up to 1 ouroboros
Interlinked lvl 3 chain attacks: 2 rounds of ouroboros, one for each character.

Unless these are changed depending on the difficulty level.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The level 3 Interlink chain thing is stupid. It takes more work to pull that off than a normal chain but its much weaker. I haven't tried initiating the chain with all 3 pairs interlinked at level 3 though so maybe that's the missing link.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

I think they overestimated the damage of a level 3 vs a normal one
Youre supposed to get 2 rounds when you chain attack with interlink level 3.

Regular chain attacks: as many as you can, and up to 1 ouroboros
Interlinked lvl 3 chain attacks: 2 rounds of ouroboros, one for each character.

Unless these are changed depending on the difficulty level.
Nope, the only things that change with difficulty are the percentages and the charge time is slower

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Um what the hell, how did I not know that Bionis Shoulder sax remix is in this game???

WHAT THE FUCK. WHERE DOES IT PLAY???

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Also shoutout to the cast for swearing so effectively with "snuff" and "spark". They really make those words sound like swearing in their performance haha.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I personally think that's a new character. But granted, I totally see where you're coming from. It lines up well. There's six characters right there though, so maybe we'll find out in a year.
And there's mention of a mysterious 7th founder and right now (I'm still in chapter 5) I'm assuming that founder's identity gets revealed at some point. I could also see some of the founders being new characters or all of them just referencing old characters but not actually being them. I could also see the founder who is described as wearing an eye patch being Rex because of the description and because the statue looks a lot like Addam from Torna.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
When you're in battle with Melia in your party as a hero.

Oh man I cannot WAIT

I unfortunately had them spoiled for me when I was looking up gem ingredient locations, of all fucking things.

The funniest part was that I also thought Fiora was in this game as well. I saw "Fiona" as one of the heroes in that same spoiler and my brain farted and I forgot that her name was actually Fiora LOOOOL. Devs are evil for having such similar names, or maybe this was planned misdirection.

A part of me always expected them to be playable somehow but it was still frustrating.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I took so many screenshots of
Nia, I love her. And them drifting soul remixes... 😭

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
End of Chapter 3 so many revelations! I have to say this is the most intriguing beginning of the 3 games.

First going through Urayan tunnels, followed by the Joren reveal, and then Noah is Mobius too?

It's giving me major Westworld vibes for some reason

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just unlocked chain attacks yesterday and even with the ingame tips, i have a bit of trouble understanding everything. From what I understood, if I pick one of the 3 options that has a tank icon, i should focus on selecting tank characters after that? But what if a healer has a higher number(35 vs 15 for a tank character for example)? What do those numbers even mean?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit game just crashed out of nowhere and I lost around 40 mins of progress. Would've been three hours if not for autosaves. Save often people!

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Unique Monsters even overleveled are getting way harder than before jeez, especially when they are grouped with other monsters

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Chapter 3 at 41 hours in. I like that this game has the restraint to have some denouement after some of its little little climaxes

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I know what you mean and I went crazy trying to look for the entrance hahah.
Can't remember the exact landmark name but go to the far east side of the map, and look towards the west as you walk along the edges of the map. You'll see a huge cave entrance which will lead you to that location.
Thank you, gonna try this was also stuck there

syncyes

Oct 27, 2017
Shania is a really sympathetic character. I related to her immediately and the side story just made a sad story more tragic. Her heel turn was perfectly understandable and her desire for a world where you can get do overs made sense. I really enjoyed her perspective and it was refreshing to see that the things that the heroes are fighting for can negatively affect people.

I do wish Ghondor did some introspection. I was happy to see Shanias mom get told off but would have been satisfying to also see Ghondor reflecting on her behavior towards Shania and that maybe her approach wasnt the best way to encourage her. That scene between Monica and her at the end was really sweet however.

When Ghondor said Mother for the first time instead of Bitchqueen...surprisingly heartrending!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Really tired of being overlevel and not being able to make any job progress. This is the stupidest mechanic. What the fuck, Monolith. How do you actively discourage people from playing your game like this?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just unlocked chain attacks yesterday and even with the ingame tips, i have a bit of trouble understanding everything. From what I understood, if I pick one of the 3 options that has a tank icon, i should focus on selecting tank characters after that? But what if a healer has a higher number(35 vs 15 for a tank character for example)? What do those numbers even mean?

Characters of that type would get a bonus for synergy but you don't need to focus it too hard.

To simplify it I'll ignore the initial 3 options itself and focus just on the roster. The numbers go into the top right, which you're trying to get as high as possible. When it's above 100% the round is over.

Each class type has a perk:

Assault get a 125% multiplier if they're picked first
Healers cap the number at 99%
Defenders bring back the highest TP person next round, if they finish it.

Basically the most generic line of play is start attacker for the bonus, then a healer so you get as close to 100 without going over, finish with a defender to guarantee the highest person comes back which makes it easier to go even higher next round.

100-149% is one person returning, 150-199% is two, 200%+ is three. The returning member is random unless a defender finished.

Now the three orders come into play more. If you pick Noah's, attackers get a bonus (+10), same for the rest. The bonuses are that quick flash of numbers after an attack so it's really hard to even see or break down everything, you get points for a lot of random stuff but it'll add on to the base number. The most important thing to know really is that a healer CANNOT finish a round. Even if you have 3 of them, and are at 99% already, they will all keep it there so you need an attacker, defender, or the hero character to finish. Hero characters don't abide by the same class roles either, a healer Hero won't stop at 99%.

I hope that didn't just make it even more complicated, lol. It's a lot of information overload but the core idea isn't that complicated, it just has a lot going on under the wrapper.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Really tired of being overlevel and not being able to make any job progress. This is the stupidest mechanic. What the fuck, Monolith. How do you actively discourage people from playing your game like this?

Use your silver nopon coins if you have them, until you get access to areas with more powerful enemies. You should also be visiting every canteen you can so you can learn as many recipes as possible and there are plenty that give you CP boosts.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Use your silver nopon coins if you have them, until you get access to areas with more powerful enemies. You should also be visiting every canteen you can so you can learn as many recipes as possible and there are plenty that give you CP boosts.

Yeah. Unfortunately it's a band-aid on a bullet hole. The sheer level of downscaling they do on class progression when enemies are under your level just really hurts combat on a general level, especially since playing well gives you more EXP, lol. It feels like they didn't think it through very well. Hopefully they'll patch it.