• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
gormott-screen-2.jpg

Bild832.jpg
This one stood put to me as well.
I love how detailed all the people and the setting is.
Can't wait to explore these (HD) towns!

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting some faint Skies of Arcadia vibes from this game? That's a very good thing in my book.

Deleted member 23965

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for this game to drop. Could not get into BoTW, not my kinda open world game, while this one seems right up my alley. This might be the first open world switch game I complete.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting some faint Skies of Arcadia vibes from this game? That's a very good thing in my book.
I've been getting Skies of Arcadia vibes from it since it was announced.

The world in the sky, the airships, the similar plot themes. It all is very reminiscent of that game. And if it can be as good as that game was then this will be a real treat indeed.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
Really excited for this. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorites. Fully paid for that Collector's Edition. Now to find the time to play it...

Oct 25, 2017
Never played one of these before so super pumped especially since I have a mCable for my switch (1080p and good AA baby)

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting Skies of Arcadia vibes from it since it was announced.

The world in the sky, the airships, the similar plot themes. It all is very reminiscent of that game. And if it can be as good as that game was then this will be a real treat indeed.

Glad it's not just me. I hope Monolith delivers because I've waited so long for another game to recapture Sky's cloud-bound swashbuckling adventure vibe :,)

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
So how is this going to be different than X? I can't find anything specific. I liked Chonicles 3D on 3DS, but I didn't like X at all, too MMO'y. I'm hoping this is more of a traditional RPG and not like X.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the progression.

It's almost insane how Monolith has come to define the part of Nintendo that is tech savvy.
ehh, I'm not sure about that. they're good at managing all the data the game uses. in terms of visual effects, they are far from Nintendo's best. but all their top games utilize the Switch differently

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Mannn, so many GAMES! XC2, Oddyssey, Horizon's DLC...next year we have Dissidia, DBFZ, Ni no Kuni 2, MHW. My backlog of amazing games is already huge!

What a time to be a gamer. Glad to see this resurgence of JRPGs too.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how is this going to be different than X? I can't find anything specific. I liked Chonicles 3D on 3DS, but I didn't like X at all, too MMO'y. I'm hoping this is more of a traditional RPG and not like X.

It's the same kind of game as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (hence the 2 in the title), so you should be fine.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I cannot believe this is coming so soon. Feels like I picked up my launch-day copy of Xenoblade X sometime last week.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
The environments are so good. Hope the rest of the game (story! Gameplay!) does them justice.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't mind then either, but I know some people think they're dumb.
I feel like this is the first time they actually committed to a style... the last two games felt stuck inbetween styles ... it may be full on anime but at least it's not bad art.

weird for them to seemingly learn nothing. though we've seen so little of the layout, it's wrong to make complete judgement

given the drastic difference in composing style, it's probably not gonna surpass X. the tracks we have so far already sounds boring and forgettable like the first game

There were a few good tracks in the first xenoblade... but I absolutely loved X soundtrack. I'm a little worried for XC2 in that regard... I guess we'll have to wait and listen to them https://goo.gl/jhgZTc to find out

Last edited:

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
weird for them to seemingly learn nothing. though we've seen so little of the layout, it's wrong to make complete judgement

given the drastic difference in composing style, it's probably not gonna surpass X. the tracks we have so far already sounds boring and forgettable like the first game

Dude, I know, taste and all, but if a soundtrack was forgettable it was X's. OG Xenoblade had an epic soundtrack that reminds me of older JRPGs.

The only memorable thing about X's OST is how shitty and out-of-place some tracks were. The best thing about it were the regions themes, everything else was filled with lyrical garbage.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Those screens of the different landscapes look really amazing. Never played a Xenoblade game before but I'll be purchasing this one at launch

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely curious. Who do you rank higher?
the EPD Teams, particularly the Mario Kart team and the 3D Mario team. granted this is cheating since the Mario Kart team relies heavily on baked lighting and both have significantly smaller areas. though Mario Odyssey is an amazing achievement for a 60fps game, I think. the materials work is stupendous and with dynamic lighting to boot.

for a game that's more akin to Xenoblade, Breath of the Wild definitely looks better, but again, there are some differences going on. primarily, Xenoblade 2 looks like it has loads more draw calls with the massive amounts of objects on screen. Zelda though loves it's alpha effects (water, fog, distance fog, etc). atmospheric lighting is much better in Zelda as well. the atmospheric scattering effect is one of the best I've seen on any system.

Xenoblade 2 is going back to the sectioned off level design of the first game, so they have a lot more leeway in regards to stuffing the levels with objects. though this comes at the expense of things I place more value on (materials and lighting, though those are huge improvements over the previous 2 games).

while I dont think they are Nintendo's best, I'm not saying they're bad. as I said, they seem to juggle the most amounts of data on screen at once (with all the assets, with foliage, enemies, and battle effects) out of all the Nintendo teams

Dude, I know, taste and all, but if a soundtrack was forgettable it was X's. OG Xenoblade had an epic soundtrack that reminds me of older JRPGs.

The only memorable thing about X's OST is how shitty and out-of-place some tracks were. The best thing about it were the regions themes, everything else was filled with lyrical garbage.
after 80 hours, I can recall, at best, Guar Planes. everything else sounded like generic high fantasy stuff. Xenoblade X was eclectic in it's styling at times but at least it made for the music to be memorable. now a game like Octopath, there's a memorable fantasy soundtrack. and that was just a demo

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
will Tetsuya Takahashi ever get super ambitious with his stories again like xenogears, xenosaga level stuff?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will Tetsuya Takahashi ever get super ambitious with his stories again like xenogears, xenosaga level stuff?
around the time of Xenoblade 1, he mentioned that with the previous 2 series, they were designed story first, gameplay second. with Xenoblade, he started gameplay first then story. maybe he will get ambitious again, but I highly doubt we'll ever see a multipart game from him ever again. if the finances didnt support it back then, they certainly dont support it now

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
around the time of Xenoblade 1, he mentioned that with the previous 2 series, they were designed story first, gameplay second. with Xenoblade, he started gameplay first then story. maybe he will get ambitious again, but I highly doubt we'll ever see a multipart game from him ever again. if the finances didnt support it back then, they certainly dont support it now
Even back in the day, trying for a 6-part story was pretty crazy.

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to look at any screens, but just came to say that this game, more than Zelda, more than Mario, is why I'm so happy to be a Switch owner. CANT WAIT!!!

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loved this soundtrack. Don't understand the hate.

The game has a lot of beautiful tracks. All of the overworld themes are fantastic and rival the best of the original Xenoblade. It's just the vocal themes that I dislike and you hear them so often. I'm an outlier in that I enjoy New LA's theme unironically but I can't stand the vocal tracks, especially the skell music that effectively replaces the superior overworld music.

Oct 25, 2017
The character designs actually look good! Eyepatch dude looks yummy. I really just don't like Rex and Pyra. This game has sort of slipped my interest, and the main narrative and characters do little for me based off what I've seen but I'll keep it on my radar. Unsurprisingly, the world looks absolutely stunning.

I loved X's music, I listen to the Primordial and Oblivia themes regularity and the lyrical stuff was fun too

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Someone incoming to argue with you in 3, 2, 1.

I agree with you (Hides in bunker)
*Bursts thru the door* did someone say xcx music was good?!?!

Actually, it has great tracks. But the town music, which you have to listen to all the time in the game, was terrible. That one track soured my whole experience with the game.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Mouthwatering visuals. Still mind-blowing that I'll be able to play this on the go.