Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They said they chose Saito due to his expression work for XC2. At this point I want them to keep working with him for as long as they can.

Like at minimum I hope every Xenoblade game has character design done by Saito, music done by ACE, Manami Kiyota, and Kenji Hiramasu, and NOE handling the localization with British VA. I hope these things don't go away even if XC4 is meant to be a whole new saga

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
At one point Pyria/Mythia could have been a thing. Concept Mio had the Aegis core and cat ears
GKBpqRmakAE5v4h.jpg
Aegis Mio goes pretty hard

Hellstruck

Jun 29, 2022
Yeah Saito is god tier at expressions. I rave about the N homecoming scene and everyone's facial expressions and it's funny to see most of them replicated here in the book.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting stuff coming from the art book. Still waiting for mine to arrive in about a week or two!

The thing about people manifesting as objects in Aionios is neat because it's consistent with the traditional Japanese belief that objects have souls. The whole reincarnation thing was also in line with traditional Japanese beliefs, so I like how it all goes together. I think it's so cool how Xenoblade is kind of sci-fi but also has this layer of spiritualism to it. It makes the series feel distinct from western sci-fi.

I'm not sure what to think of Mio with an aegis core crystal. Was she somehow meant to be the child of all Rex/Nia/Pyra/Mythra together somehow? Is it somehow related to Nia having aegis blades with her? I feel like the whole situation with Rex's kids is still not totally cleared up. It was a missed opportunity that Rex didn't meet M in FR and could have commented on it. And it's also a bit weird that he never acknowledges or hints at the idea that Matthew and Nael are his descendants. Maybe he never figured it out, but still. I guess this is just going to be something that remains unclear.

I wonder if there is going to be any concept art that hints more at Sena's parents. I still really want to know what's the deal there.

The comment on the city people being reborn in the new world was interesting. If I read it correctly, it said that Origin is just a memory machine and was creating them in Aionios based on their data from the real future. I hadn't considered that, that's kind of the opposite of how I thought it worked. But it makes more sense that way. Anyway, I hope Matthew and A will get to meet again in the future, that's the reunion I'm hoping for the most.

Last edited:

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Saito's art has gotten so good and XC3's character models are so expressive that I hope it all carries forward into the next games.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm glad Aegis Mio was scrapped. I feel like Pyra and Mythra not being back was one of the least expected things in Xenoblade 3 and I'm glad it happened.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
GKBTfnCW8AE5KRM
Once again it's so maddening we never got Nimue as a hero. I'm sure that was originally the plan or it didn't make sense with Taion's weapons. Still… top tier design and so much detail only to be used in a minor role is definitely missed potential.

Neverx

Sep 17, 2020
Florida
GKBTfnCW8AE5KRM
Once again it's so maddening we never got Nimue as a hero. I'm sure that was originally the plan or it didn't make sense with Taion's weapons. Still… top tier design and so much detail only to be used in a minor role is definitely missed potential.
Nimue, Joran, and Mwamba were definitely planned to be heroes. Only regret is that XC3 didn't get a free update with those three, custom difficulty sliders and a Bringer of Chaos type hard mode.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Aegis Mio was scrapped. I feel like Pyra and Mythra not being back was one of the least expected things in Xenoblade 3 and I'm glad it happened.
I'd certainly prefer arguments over whether Pyra or Mythra was Mio's other mother rather than all the gigachad Rex memes

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I completely disagree but honestly I'll take Lucky Seven being an Ouroboros sword of Pneuma and Fiora's souls but I wish Pyra and Mythra appeared just to enjoy the glow ups like what Rex and Nia got. They deserve it after the XC2 discourse

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
image0.jpg
Wow even the prominent Moebius members like N and M had capes before. I'm glad they didn't go with this.

Metroid

Oct 27, 2017
Played Xenoblade 2 back in the day and recently finished Xenoblade 3 and Future Redemeed. I never finished the first Xenoblade back on the Wii (played around 70%).Couple of questions I can't wrap my head around:
  • What is the trinity processor? I get the feeling playing FR I should know this already
  • On which world does the Xenoblade 3 play? I get that Klaus split a world into two (XB1 and XB2 world respectively ). They were supposed to collide. Therefore Origin was built, but after the end they drift apart again? Shouldn't there be a third world where Xenoblade 3 is happening? Also why does the future redeemed has stuff from XB1 (Colony 9) and XB2 (the Urayan Dragons) in it?

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Played Xenoblade 2 back in the day and recently finished Xenoblade 3 and Future Redemeed. I never finished the first Xenoblade back on the Wii (played around 70%).Couple of questions I can't wrap my head around:
  • What is the trinity processor? I get the feeling playing FR I should know this already
  • On which world does the Xenoblade 3 play? I get that Klaus split a world into two (XB1 and XB2 world respectively ). They were supposed to collide. Therefore Origin was built, but after the end they drift apart again? Shouldn't there be a third world where Xenoblade 3 is happening? Also why does the future redeemed has stuff from XB1 (Colony 9) and XB2 (the Urayan Dragons) in it?

The Trinity Processor was a three-cored computer system that helped "Earth 20XX" humans study and manage the Conduit. The three cores (Logos, Pnuema, and Ontos) became Malos, Mythra (from XB2), and Alvis (From XB1) post Klaus' experiment.

Xenoblade 3 is in a fake, but real, but fake, but real mashup of the two worlds trapped in one moment in time created by a "glitch" (Z) in Origin as a result of humanity's (stored in Origin) fear of the future. Aionios in Future Redeemed and XB3 has locations from Alrest and Bionis because it is a mashup from those two worlds stored in Origin.

I love video game timelines and made this in MS Paint (lol) while bored at work a while back maybe this will help visualize it a little:

GI2HFSz.png

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The trinity processor is the computer handling the Conduit, and it's made up of the three cores Ontos (Alvis, Alpha, A), Logos (Malos) and Pneuma (Pyra and Mythra). This was introduced at the end of XC2 and further elaborated in FR

The XC3 world is the two worlds from the previous games half colliding into each other, partially recreated by Origin and frozen in time, that's why it has elements from both worlds. At the end of XC3, they separate again, but at the end of FR it's revealed after that they also properly merged into a real, functioning world, like it used to be before Klaus's experiment

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
The Trinity Processor was a three-cored computer system that helped "Earth 20XX" humans study and manage the Conduit. The three cores (Logos, Pnuema, and Ontos) became Malos, Mythra, (from XB2) and Alvis. (From XB1) post Klaus' experiment.

Xenoblade 3 is in a fake, but real, but fake, but real mashup of the two worlds trapped in one moment in time created by a "glitch" in Origin (Z) as a result of humanity's (stored in Origin) fear of the future. Aionios in Future Redeemed and XB3 has locations from Alrest and Bionis because it is a mashup from those two worlds stored in Origin.

I love video game timelines and made this in MS Paint (lol) while bored at work a while back maybe this will help visualize it a little:

GI2HFSz.png

This is a really really great timeline and pretty much straight to the point. It's going to be used in the future for sure.

I liked the ending on all the games and FR for me was the best Xenoblade content, too bad we didn't see much more of the rest of the cast of XC2 but it is what it is.

Hoping we get to see what happens next early on the Switch 2 lifetime.

shorodei

Feb 21, 2022

GI2HFSz.png

This is great. I think technically most of Xeno3 takes place *just* before the actual intersection (and subsequent annihilation). Humanity's collective fear of impending doom led to a collective wish of time being stopped, leading to birth of Z and the Endless Now.

Metroid

Oct 27, 2017
The trinity processor is the computer handling the Conduit, and it's made up of the three cores Ontos (Alvis, Alpha, A), Logos (Malos) and Pneuma (Pyra and Mythra). This was introduced at the end of XC2 and further elaborated in FR

The XC3 world is the two worlds from the previous games half colliding into each other, partially recreated by Origin and frozen in time, that's why it has elements from both worlds. At the end of XC3, they separate again, but at the end of FR it's revealed after that they also properly merged into a real, functioning world, like it used to be before Klaus's experiment
The Trinity Processor was a three-cored computer system that helped "Earth 20XX" humans study and manage the Conduit. The three cores (Logos, Pnuema, and Ontos) became Malos, Mythra, (from XB2) and Alvis. (From XB1) post Klaus' experiment.

Xenoblade 3 is in a fake, but real, but fake, but real mashup of the two worlds trapped in one moment in time created by a "glitch" in Origin (Z) as a result of humanity's (stored in Origin) fear of the future. Aionios in Future Redeemed and XB3 has locations from Alrest and Bionis because it is a mashup from those two worlds stored in Origin.

GI2HFSz.png

Thank you, that cleared up alot. Pretty wild overarching story I must say. Any YouTube explanation videos as a recommendation? Can we assume that the Xenoblade series is finished? The ending of furure redeemed seems pretty final.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Thank you, that cleared up alot. Pretty wild overarching story I must say. Any YouTube explanation videos as a recommendation? Can we assume that the Xenoblade series is finished? The ending of furure redeemed seems pretty final.
I'd wait for videos after the art-book as we getting tons of lore drop like Malgos being inside N's sword...

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade isn't finished, they only referred to XC3 as the ending of this first arc that dealt with Klaus and the repercussions of his experiment. In fact, in the artbook, Takahashi talks about hoping fans can wait patiently to see what lies beyond XC3.

mèx

Dec 30, 2017
Italy
They said they chose Saito due to his expression work for XC2. At this point I want them to keep working with him for as long as they can.

Like at minimum I hope every Xenoblade game has character design done by Saito, music done by ACE, Manami Kiyota, and Kenji Hiramasu, and NOE handling the localization with British VA. I hope these things don't go away even if XC4 is meant to be a whole new saga

I remember when most people on this forum wanted Saito as far away as possible from the series. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His character work is a defining feature of the series now. I hope they keep him going forward, the work he did on XB2 and XB3 is phenomenal.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Same but Sena

A big pain since she's def the least popular of the bunch and I don't expect much of her coming up.

Speaking of Sena, any cool stuff of her in the art book?
Her previous design has a hairstyle even closer to Brighid's, solidifying the fact she's her daughter

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Is there anything in the artbook about some Zohar concepts like the original artbook that released with the limited edition? Seems bizarre there wouldn't be more of that.

Just waiting for Luxin's analysis... come on haha

Last edited:

otretas

Nov 1, 2017
What are the odds of the artbook to be translated and officially sold in the rest of the world?

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds of the artbook to be translated and officially sold in the rest of the world?

I'd like to believe there is a chance with how popular the Xeno games have gotten but I wouldn't expect it since they have never done it for any of the previous books all the way back to Perfect Works.

Low, if it's anything like the XC2 book (which is still Japan only).

Or XB1 book. Or XBX book.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same but Sena

A big pain since she's def the least popular of the bunch and I don't expect much of her coming up.
Better chance to get something than any of the guys. Noah is lucky he's one of the protags so he got an Amiibo, Shulk only got one because of Smash, otherwise he'd be there with Rex and not get anything.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Honestly, I feel like those questions Takahashi answered were really nothing in the grand scheme of things. He might have a plan for Logos to come back in a future game but who says it will be in the very next game? Beyond Xenoblade 3 can mean anything and the combined world may not even be the premise for Xenoblade 4. Takahashi is a man that loves to do a new saga before connecting things from his previous saga in the last game.

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
Her previous design has a hairstyle even closer to Brighid's, solidifying the fact she's her daughter
Suppose that would go well with the alt outfit she has. Tho I'm happy with what they went with. She looks great with that side ponytail thing.

Better chance to get something than any of the guys. Noah is lucky he's one of the protags so he got an Amiibo, Shulk only got one because of Smash, otherwise he'd be there with Rex and not get anything.
Yeah that's true that any of the dudes are basically dead in the water when it comes to figs which is a shame. I'll just have to mock up a spoon to look like Lanz for the time being.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's true that any of the dudes are basically dead in the water when it comes to figs which is a shame. I'll just have to mock up a spoon to look like Lanz for the time being.
Lmao amazing, I kind of wish somebody would actually do that. Make a little coat and everything.

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021

Here's to hoping they keep him around because man, there are some scenes in even XBC2/Torna that I remember strictly because of the expressiveness of characters.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly, the XB1 book (Secret File Monado Archives) was translated into French. All the others were JP exclusive

Wow really? That seems so random.

Looking into it and it's even more random. Only 1000 copies were made and they were used as a promotion; given to the first 1000 people that registered for the French Club Nintendo apparently.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Is there anything in the artbook about some Zohar concepts like the original artbook that released with the limited edition? Seems bizarre there wouldn't be more of that.

Just waiting for Luxin's analysis... come on haha
Given that they gave us Conduit lore in the freaking Siren model kit there has to be something right?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I feel like those questions Takahashi answered were really nothing in the grand scheme of things. He might have a plan for Logos to come back in a future game but who says it will be in the very next game? Beyond Xenoblade 3 can mean anything and the combined world may not even be the premise for Xenoblade 4. Takahashi is a man that loves to do a new saga before connecting things from his previous saga in the last game.
The combined world seems like an obvious pick for Xenoblade 4 after the ending of FR, but I could also see 4 being set on one or more of the colonized planets, humanity in space finding out about the reappearance of Earth and setting up going back there to finally resolve the plot points of Xenosaga in Xenoblade 5, to space out Aionios and the new world a bit
Suppose that would go well with the alt outfit she has. Tho I'm happy with what they went with. She looks great with that side ponytail thing.
I agree, Sena's final design is super underrated. She's great

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got charged for my art book pre-order from Amazon JP. I'll hopefully have it in about a week. I can't wait to get it and dig in into it!

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Has it been explained yet how Blades from Alrest suddenly gained the ability to procreate with humans? It seems many of the Agnian people including all of the Agnian side of the main cast are the result of Blade/human relationships. Was it one of Klaus's other gifts besides giving them a landmass to live on, and people just immediately went to town once they discovered Blades received a new "feature"?

Neverx

Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Has it been explained yet how Blades from Alrest suddenly gained the ability to procreate with humans? It seems many of the Agnian people including all of the Agnian side of the main cast are the result of Blade/human relationships. Was it one of Klaus's other gifts besides giving them a landmass to live on, and people just immediately went to town once they discovered Blades received a new "feature"?
Nope, it's honestly super sus especially since all Agnian people in 3 have a core crystal. I honestly feel like most of the answers lie in the Alrest POV post 2 and wonder if that's a story Monolith plan to tell at some point (especially since kid Mio's design looked pretty finalized in the artbooks but was no where in 3). Would also probably explain the Malos inside N's sword stuff.