Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I meant to back that Xenosaga piano collection, but kept forgetting to... bah, oh well.

Xenoblade: Future Redeemed DLC turned 1 years old!!

I drew some fan art for the pile. I do wanna celebrate it, few games really do DLC as elaborate as Xenoblade do. Certainly even fewer I manage to get ~80 hours with. A and Matthew were such a great duo.

View: https://x.com/DiceSMS/status/1784023802332029255

View: https://x.com/DiceSMS/status/1783670174740050005

Great work on both of these!

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade: Future Redeemed DLC turned 1 years old!!

I drew some fan art for the pile. I do wanna celebrate it, few games really do DLC as elaborate as Xenoblade do. Certainly even fewer I manage to get ~80 hours with. A and Matthew were such a great duo.

View: https://x.com/DiceSMS/status/1784023802332029255

View: https://x.com/DiceSMS/status/1783670174740050005

It's kind of unreal how Monolith Soft are basically the gold standard for jrpg dlc.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh damn. These look sick. Looks like official art pretty much tbh.
Fantastic! I can't believe it's been a year already.

<3333 amazing, Dice!

Happy anniversary to Future Redeemed!

Thanks a lot everybuddy. :)
And yeah.... time flies.
If I can be honest I had the OST on the other for 3 and I'm still bitter it lost best soundtrack to God of War (I even like Bear McCreary too).

I'm guessing any new Xenos at this point are being saved for Switch 2...but I really wonder what Monolith is up to these days

As usual, your art is incredible!
Means a lot Hikari :)
Saw these on Twitter, amazing art as usual

This makes me happy lol Feel's nice to be in Xeno-twitter rounds haha

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks a lot everybuddy. :)
And yeah.... time flies.
If I can be honest I had the OST on the other for 3 and I'm still bitter it lost best soundtrack to God of War (I even like Bear McCreary too).

I'm guessing any new Xenos at this point are being saved for Switch 2...but I really wonder what Monolith is up to these days

Lmao, same, still salty about the soundtrack loss. 😭 I still absolutely listen to the soundtrack for 3, it's my fave. Though sometimes I have to be careful about listening to it in public because it inspires me to get weepy sometimes lol.

Yeah, can't wait to see what MS is up to. I wonder if they will have whatever their next game is ready for the launch of Switch 2, or shortly after?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Lmao, same, still salty about the soundtrack loss. 😭 I still absolutely listen to the soundtrack for 3, it's my fave. Though sometimes I have to be careful about listening to it in public because it inspires me to get weepy sometimes lol.

Yeah, can't wait to see what MS is up to. I wonder if they will have whatever their next game is ready for the launch of Switch 2, or shortly after?
I doubt at launch. I doubt Nintendo would even want a Monolith Soft game at launch when it'd get overshadowed by Mario and whatever else they have for the launch period. I can see them releasing a new game within the first year though.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
We will probably see the next Monolithsoft game announced during a Switch 2 presentation next year but I doubt anything will release before 2026

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt at launch. I doubt Nintendo would even want a Monolith Soft game at launch when it'd get overshadowed by Mario and whatever else they have for the launch period. I can see them releasing a new game within the first year though.

We will probably see the next Monolithsoft game announced during a Switch 2 presentation next year but I doubt anything will release before 2026

True, I'm thinking of a Xenoblade 2 situation, within the year after Switch 2 launches.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this over on Fami
Really like these costumes for Taion and Mio.
sjf0oa4.png

Can't wait to see all of the art and lore tidbits.

Looking at these early designs again, I kind of wish we got the Mio and Eunie ones as DLC.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I have not taken a look at all the artbook scans yet. I'm waiting for Luxin to post his feature length analysis, lol.

As for the next Xeno, I hope we see something before 2026. I want to see Xenosaga remasters on Switch 2 before Xenoblade 4. It's not a pipe dream anymore, with things lining up in favor of that happening, but we will see. Nothing is confirmed but Chrono Cross did get a remaster in the same way after a piano collection by the same Wayo Records. I know for sure that I don't want a Xenoblade 2 definitive edition to have an epilogue with Malos or something explaining how he and Pneuma got into the Fists of the End and Sword of the End, respectively. Since Takahashi has already confirmed it is them, I hope there's no indication they will be doing it.

Besides, I feel convinced about the Xenosaga stuff. I don't think Takahashi cited that Noah is like a superhuman (Ubersmench) in that interview for nothing since that's a Nietzsche concept and Xenosaga's games are titled after Nietzsche's works. He also avoided every question about the radio and such, from what I understand, and the art book calls the Vector logo a certain something (exact wording?).

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
According to that Midori leaker (the persona one?), Monolith is working on a game with Nintendo (of course) with the code name "Legacy".

And it's not Xenosaga lol. :(

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Some people need to let the Saga series go.

But it's cool to hear Monolith Soft are working on a new project.

I know haha. RIP.

Just as info, the Xenoblade games all had code names of "Big Folk" (lol) and I think Xeno X was "SpaceTravel", so this is potentially not related to the main Xenoblade series. Or they're just moving on from Big Folk haha.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to believe Midori knows anything outside of Sega stuff though. We aren't even sure it's the same person in charge of the account.

It'll definitely lead to more Zelda rumors though

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
According to that Midori leaker (the persona one?), Monolith is working on a game with Nintendo (of course) with the code name "Legacy".

And it's not Xenosaga lol. :(

Not that I believe the leak but legacy could mean Xeno legacy titles. That could very much point to Xenosaga. I doubt Xenogears cause SE.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I believe the leak but legacy could mean Xeno legacy titles. That could very much point to Xenosaga. I doubt Xenogears cause SE.

Midori specifically said it wasn't Xenosaga lol. They said "Legacy" and everyone replied with Xenosaga?! They said no.

View: https://x.com/mbkksstbhz5/status/1795598604704555362?s=46&t=rmXxC7fXc2KJDqyEshA8JQ

But basically clarified that it's a title in development at Monolithsoft, with Nintendo, and not an external company (ie Bandai Namco).

It could be anything though, a new IP, a Xeno game, or even just something they are supporting on like a Zelda game. It means nothing, other than it's being developed by MS and Nintendo.

Last edited:

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I wonder if this is a brand new series if they will continue with the Xeno naming and the loose connections with older Xeno games...

Maybe Legacy refers to generations? Maybe this is a story that takes place over a long period of time?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Midori specifically said it wasn't Xenosaga lol. They said "Legacy" and everyone replied with Xenosaga?! They said no.

View: https://x.com/mbkksstbhz5/status/1795598604704555362?s=46&t=rmXxC7fXc2KJDqyEshA8JQ

But basically clarified that it's a title in development at Monolithsoft, with Nintendo, and not an external company (ie Bandai Namco).

It could be anything though, a new IP, a Xeno game, or even just something they are supporting on like a Zelda game. It means nothing, other than it's being developed by MS and Nintendo.

Disappointing if true. Legacy sounds like the perfect title to link Xenosaga and Xenoblade. We even had Xenosaga itself in the intellectual properties of Xenoblade 3 listed and a special thanks to Bandai Namco. There's also too much evidence for Xenosaga to not come back. I'll wait for Pyoro to report on this before giving a verdict but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I just don't think Midori is credible while Pyoro hasn't got anything wrong.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing if true. Legacy sounds like the perfect title to link Xenosaga and Xenoblade. We even had Xenosaga itself in the intellectual properties of Xenoblade 3 listed and a special thanks to Bandai Namco. There's also too much evidence for Xenosaga to not come back. I'll wait for Pyoro to report on this before giving a verdict but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I just don't think Midori is credible while Pyoro hasn't got anything wrong.

Well, midori is just a well known insider, as far as I'm aware, with respect to Persona. That's all, and why people are talking about this at all!

We'll see I guess.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
I think Midori has very questionable credibility recently. All of a sudden leaking everything from all of these companies? Did someone else get the account?

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I think Midori has very questionable credibility recently. All of a sudden leaking everything from all of these companies? Did someone else get the account?

Have they? I've only ever heard they're like word of god with respect to Persona lol.

If they're not credible, then that's fine, we can disregard! I just know them because of their Persona stuff, and Xeno Twitter was all…atwitter because of it, so I shared here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see why would Nintendo let one of their teams to make a game with a IP they dont know, simple as that, unless namco sells the saga IP for nintendo dont expect monolith soft to do anything with the series.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well, midori is just a well known insider, as far as I'm aware, with respect to Persona. That's all, and why people are talking about this at all!

We'll see I guess.

Pyoro is the better insider for Nintendo stuff while Midori is supposedly just a Sega insider. She leaks a lot of stuff now at random just like hero on the block used to do and I have suspicions they are actually both the same person. Hero on the block got literally all his leaks about ffvii Rebirth wrong including the ending. He also worked at Sega/Atlus afaik and started randomly leaking stuff from Square Enix. He claimed a big FFX remake and FFX-3 are coming alongside the fake Rebirth leaks, etc. I wouldn't trust any of this unless Midori is actually a Nintendo employee herself. I would wait for Pyoro to say something about monolith soft or hint at it before flocking to Midori. I know you didn't do that and just wanted to discuss the leak though so it's fine =)

I dont see why would Nintendo let one of their teams to make a game with a IP they dont know, simple as that, unless namco sells the saga IP for nintendo dont expect monolith soft to do anything with the series.

Well it's not like it's impossible given the events of Future Redeemed. I don't see what you mean. It could be a collaboration or maybe they really did sell it.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Pyoro is the better insider for Nintendo stuff while Midori is supposedly just a Sega insider. She leaks a lot of stuff now at random just like hero on the block used to do and I have suspicions they are actually both the same person. Hero on the block got literally all his leaks about ffvii Rebirth wrong including the ending. He also worked at Sega/Atlus afaik and started randomly leaking stuff from Square Enix. He claimed a big FFX remake and FFX-3 are coming alongside the fake Rebirth leaks, etc. I wouldn't trust any of this unless Midori is actually a Nintendo employee herself. I would wait for Pyoro to say something about monolith soft or hint at it before flocking to Midori. I know you didn't do that and just wanted to discuss the leak though so it's fine =)

Well it's not like it's impossible given the events of Future Redeemed. I don't see what you mean. It could be a collaboration or maybe they really did sell it.

Fair enough! I just follow a bunch of Xeno accounts and today they were going from elated, to deflated lol. So was recounting that.

MS still has two teams, don't they? There could be the main team that is working on "Legacy" with Nintendo, while the second team is doing something else.

I'm hoping we hear from MS at the Switch 2 reveal (or soon after) about whatever they have been working on!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Saga being connected to the lore doesnt mean Nintendo will lent one of their teams to make something in an IP they dont own

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough! I just follow a bunch of Xeno accounts and today they were going from elated, to deflated lol. So was recounting that.

MS still has two teams, don't they? There could be the main team that is working on "Legacy" with Nintendo, while the second team is doing something else.

I'm hoping we hear from MS at the Switch 2 reveal (or soon after) about whatever they have been working on!
Technically they have 3 teams across the two studios but the Kyoto team is smaller & a support studio, primarily having worked on Animal Crossing & Splatoon. And while the Tokyo studio has 2 teams, one is on permanent Zelda duty.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Asking here since I don't want to create a new thread.

Is there an easier way to try and set up these so called combos other than slowly going through all 6 characters, then swapping through all available jobs, then slowly looking through all available skills for that job plus all the other jobs and cross referencing what the small icons are on the skill and assigning all this shit?

Seems needlessly convoluted and as such all I've ever really seen on my 50 hours is topple. I don't really feel like spending 2 hours swapping skills around to enable these things.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Asking here since I don't want to create a new thread.

Is there an easier way to try and set up these so called combos other than slowly going through all 6 characters, then swapping through all available jobs, then slowly looking through all available skills for that job plus all the other jobs and cross referencing what the small icons are on the skill and assigning all this shit?

Seems needlessly convoluted and as such all I've ever really seen on my 50 hours is topple. I don't really feel like spending 2 hours swapping skills around to enable these things.
No, you don't need to go through all the jobs on all characters. It's just that if you take the time to make sure that you have all parts of either the Launch/Smash or Daze/Burst combo allocated at least somewhere across your party, you're going to likely have an easier time killing harder enemies.

The two combos paths are:
Break, Topple, Launch, Smash
Break, Topple, Daze, Burst

I liked to just spot check. "Hey I noticed Noah has Topple, and Mio has Break. Can I add Launch and Smash to anyone else's current jobs? No? Could I swap them to another job that I want to use that does have those skills?" And then I'd move on. If my composition was working fine, I wouldn't worry about it any further. If I was struggling or getting wrecked, I'd look to make changes (both in assigned class and equipped abilities).

One of the other icons is "field" skills (it's like an arrow-cross). These place a circle on the ground that confers benefit to everyone inside it. Usually characters can only equip one of those skills, unless they have a class or passive that lets them use multiple.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Things get a bit murky with the Xeno series. Remember that Xenosaga itself was a prequel to Xenogears even thought Namco didn't own the IP with the intent being to eventually make a legally-distinct Namco version of Xenogears. Xenosaga even does stuff like this:
E31hKP9.jpeg

And Xenoblade has been basically reusing core themes and concepts from Xenogears and Xenosaga including character archetypes and designs; with XC2 straight-up featuring KOS-MOS and XC3 namedropping Xenogears and Xenosaga stuff with the okay of the rights holders.

I would think if they were to tie everything together they would continue like that. Keeping things legally distinct and maybe including a few direct but technically not direct references. Bandai-Namco seems to be fine with letting them use KOS-MOS.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
I would think if they were to tie everything together they would continue like that. Keeping things legally distinct and maybe including a few direct but technically not direct references. Bandai-Namco seems to be fine with letting them use KOS-MOS.
Yeah, this seems like the way to go. Also, we just had a big, series-unifying game with XB3. I'd think they'd prefer to move to a new entry that's more standalone to avoid intimidating new players. Hopefully, we'll see KOS-MOS, but I don't expect she'll be the lead or that we'll get some story about Momo rebuilding the UMN so that Shion gets to meet Shulk and Mythra's daughter on the restored Lost Jerusalem.

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
I mean they would have to do remakes of both Gears and Saga, and probably a "set-up" game with the X plot to set up a tie everything together game. So Switch 3 launch title.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this seems like the way to go. Also, we just had a big, series-unifying game with XB3. I'd think they'd prefer to move to a new entry that's more standalone to avoid intimidating new players. Hopefully, we'll see KOS-MOS, but I don't expect she'll be the lead or that we'll get some story about Momo rebuilding the UMN so that Shion gets to meet Shulk and Mythra's daughter on the restored Lost Jerusalem.
Nia is better than KOS-MOS anyway. Just but Nia in every game.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
They can keep doing what they did with Future Redeemed and bring back individual concepts from past games. The games can remain standalone (and even more so than 3)

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Even with XC3 and FR in the rear view mirror, I still don't feel like I got the closure from the Xenoblade series I wanted.

I got enough that I can walk away vaguely content, but I wanted more. I selfishly want a game to really rubber stamp the trilogy, but I doubt that's happening.

Whatever is coming, it'll be new I'm sure. If they could sneak Rex and Mythra's kid in there though, I'd be happy.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm of the mind that I don't think they intended to close out anything and they mean to just move the meta narrative past the Klaus experiment.

Even from the start they talk about XC3 leaving hints for the future, the core themeing of the game is about stepping forward into the future as a next step of life, and the game even ends with what's basically a massive teaser from a song titled "Future Awaits". Even the way Takahashi straight up said he never meant XC3 to be a culmination in the sense of finality but rather what Monolith learned as a development studio in the art book.

As for what that means for the Legacy codename hard to tell if it means anything for XC4 but maybe it relates to the themeing of it in the same way Life was the theme for XC3. Hell Mythra Kid, Logos, and KOSMOS as major players for XC4 could provide interesting perspectives and stories for it with that in mind.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I'm of the mind that I don't think they intended to close out anything and they mean to just move the meta narrative past the Klaus experiment.

Even from the start they talk about XC3 leaving hints for the future, the core themeing of the game is about stepping forward into the future as a next step of life, and the game even ends with what's basically a massive teaser from a song titled "Future Awaits". Even the way Takahashi straight up said he never meant XC3 to be a culmination in the sense of finality but rather what Monolith learned as a development studio in the art book.

As for what that means for the Legacy codename hard to tell if it means anything for XC4 but maybe it relates to the themeing of it in the same way Life was the theme for XC3. Hell Mythra Kid, Logos, and KOSMOS as major players for XC4 could provide interesting perspectives and stories for it with that in mind.
Yeah. They said it was the "conclusion of the Klaus narrative" but it felt more like a side-story with Klaus shoehorned in. The entire game takes place in a frozen moment between the universes which are merging because…? and at the end there's been no real closure to that scenario. They just postponed the merging and for some reason if the merging happens again the universes won't self destruct because…? But the FR implies they merged again immediately after splitting.

Honestly I'm just sad we got so little info about how Earth is doing after XC2. That's a far more interesting world due to Klaus nearly condemning mankind for repeating the same mistakes he made.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm still of the mind something Xenosaga is happening regardless. Too much evidence piling up lately for it. If this legacy thing is real then it could also be Project X Zone 3. I didn't see anyone mention that here but it does fit the legacy theme if it even means anything.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
The entire game takes place in a frozen moment between the universes which are merging because…? and at the end there's been no real closure to that scenario. They just postponed the merging and for some reason if the merging happens again the universes won't self destruct because…? But the FR implies they merged again immediately after splitting.
FR implies that the universes/worlds WERE destroyed at the merge (specifically, they became light) but that Origin successfully reconstructed everyone afterward, as it was intended to. The endless now of XB3 happened because everyone was afraid Origin might not work. FR's big twist is that it suggests everyone is reconstructed on one world instead of two.

Rahkeesh

Jun 20, 2022
Kind of astonished how many people assume that what we saw of the two worlds, and then one, was realtime and not on some immensely long timescale. Did you need a ten thousand year cutscene to get the point across?

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Yeah. They said it was the "conclusion of the Klaus narrative" but it felt more like a side-story with Klaus shoehorned in. The entire game takes place in a frozen moment between the universes which are merging because…? and at the end there's been no real closure to that scenario. They just postponed the merging and for some reason if the merging happens again the universes won't self destruct because…? But the FR implies they merged again immediately after splitting.

Honestly I'm just sad we got so little info about how Earth is doing after XC2. That's a far more interesting world due to Klaus nearly condemning mankind for repeating the same mistakes he made.
I was under the impression the merging began when the conduit left which is what "split" the worlds to begin with