• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
I've never played it and have no idea what the story or gameplay is like. All I know is there's a British dude called Shulk who has a red sword. Looking forward to trying it

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Interested to see the docked/undocked comparisons of this - probably will have to wait until release for in depth comparisons though.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
THANK GOD they made the quests more accessible with the new tracker.

Also, if they remove the sharpening shit from handheld, it should already look way better than handheld XC2.

I've never played it and have no idea what the story or gameplay is like. All I know is there's a British dude called Shulk who has a red sword. Looking forward to trying it

One thing you should know and remember ... it's always Reyn Time.

Always.

Reyn Time.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Weird to think that in the wii era, Nintendo almost didn't even bother localizing this game, and now the remaster is a big release.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It looks great, but still confused by people calling it a complete remake like Final Fantasy VIIr.
Hopefully this is not the only Wii RPG that gets some love.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i think i saw a enough. will wait. i only played like 30 hours of the original version thats including some side quest so i wasn't that far. can't wait to jump back in.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Reposting from the other thread:
Having the option to make your appearance different from the equipment equipped is literally worth the price of admission alone. You all do not know how much I disliked having some of the most powerful equipment also looking like complete ass. The quest system overhaul is a huge deal as well.

Man, I was already excited, but now I'm ecstatic to replay this.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sharpening is gone! THE EVIL HAS BEEN DEFEATED!

Now, could they patch the sharpening out of XC 2, too? ^^

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Lip syncing doesn't seem (much) improved over the original. That's too bad.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It looks so good! This is the one game port I was dying to see come to the Switch. I own it on 3DS, but to see it in HD...

I can't express my joy in words.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I see lots of improvements in QOL aspects (sidequests markers, cosmetic equipment, autorun), most of which came from XCX and XC2. It's like Monolith aren't Nintendo developers since they are capable of keeping improvements instead of scrapping them between games.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
tenor.gif

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I see lots of improvements in QOL aspects (sidequests markers, cosmetic equipment, autorun), most of which came from XCX and XC2. It's like Monolith aren't Nintendo developers since they are capable of keeping improvements instead of scrapping them between games.
Nintendo isn't GameFreak

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting around 15 hours for FC so no surprise for me. Just amazing how Monolith can add so much content though

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, but still confused by people calling it a complete remake like Final Fantasy VIIr.
Hopefully this is not the only Wii RPG that gets some love.

FF7 was a re-imagining moreso than a remake. Plus it was a PS1 game, XC1 was a Wii game. The jump in fidelity from a Wii to Switch game is not nearly as high as the jump from a PS1 to PS4 game.

But virtually everything was indeed remade, basically like the Crash/Spyro remakes. Again it just isn't quite as big a jump in fidelity.