• 75-79

Votes: 35 2.6%
  • under 75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade is an easy 10/10 game in my book, but DE being a rerelease will be partially judged based on what it is adding over the original. DE seems like a solid update but I don't think it really brings enough 'wow' factor that people would give it 10s. So I don't really see it hitting 90s metacritic.

So for those like myself who have never played the original, it's going to be something else!

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Idk why some might think it being a rerelease will reduce the score. If anything that'll lead to a higher score (P5R has a higher average score than P5 and is a rerelease too). This looks like it's better than the original in every way

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I'm dying to watch some reviews mentioning the resolution is better than what has been reported... right?

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
The only thing holding this game back rn is its sidequest quality. Not its resolution. And its framerate seems to hold up even better than XBC2

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
The game juste can't get less than 92. There is just 0 reason to lower the score when it's upgraded in arguably every way.

I will which websites to put on a black list with that score. With how other upgraded rpg get better score, there is 0 reason to not have the same with Xenoblade DE.
Ok still seems out of place
Considering how Takahashi said FC teases the future of the series and other reasons, I'm sure it's not there for no reasons.
You just can't say it's "probably nothing".
It has been added for a reason.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
I think 91 sounds about right. Because remakes tend to have lower scores than the originals... even tho definitive editions tend to do better?
Idk
Would love to see it getting even higher tho.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
The game juste can't get less than 92. There is just 0 reason to lower the score when it's upgraded in arguably every way.

I will which websites to put on a black list with that score. With how other upgraded rpg get better score, there is 0 reason to not have the same with Xenoblade DE.
I kind of think the same way.
But you never know, some games just have that classic status on the original and any remake just never reviews as good.
Ocarina of Time is an explicit example of a 99 for the original and 94 for the remake.
Idk how reviewers will approach this. For all we know there might be people who will complain about the resolution, or the story of Future Connected or something like that.
I really wish it got even higher scores than the original tho. Would love to see it with a 94. But I can see it getting 89, which is already great.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
I have the game since yesterday afternoon and played for ca. 4 hours.

Highly doubt the resolution or graphics in general will be mentioned in reviews.
Played both in handheld and on my 65 inch TV and it runs smoothly (even in the big ass Colony 9 square) and looks OK in both modes.
Obviously not a great looking game and I wish it looked better..... but it's fine.
Really can't see how IGN would deduct points over graphics because they don't really get in your way.

Still doubt this will score higher than 85, game just hasn't aged well.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

That's.. Not how reviews or review scores work, though.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Preloaded the game overnight. Looking forward to this as I missed out on the Wii (left uni at the time of release and Wii was flat mates).
I don't know whether to start it on Friday though. Been playing FF14 recently and I don't know if I can handle or enjoy to meaty games at once

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy

Considering how Takahashi said FC teases the future of the series and other reasons, I'm sure it's not there for no reasons.
You just can't say it's "probably nothing".
It has been added for a reason.
I was thinking about the x similar to gears which imho Will mean nothing.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying to watch some reviews mentioning the resolution is better than what has been reported... right?
Allegedly, it's very hard to make the resolution drop into the lower end of the range for any amount of time. It basically lives at the upper end. (unlike XBC2)

Which is... how it should be....

Last edited:

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
metascore will be in the mid 80 range. there's no way it scores higher than the way more anticipated ffviir.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
The 3DS version got an 86. This is a significant improvement over that. It will be higher than 86

final fantasy xii got 92.

the zodiac age is a big improvement over that yet it got 86.

also we are talking about the same sites which gave a laughable 83 to xenoblade 2.

Last edited:

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I feel like anyone going into it having never played it before is going in with the knowledge that a lot of people (myself included)
consider it one of the greatest video games of all time, and are going to judge it more harshly because of that.

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is one of the games that will hover the 89-90 range for a time before settling. I'm very conflicted about which option to vote, for now I picked 85-89, but it can change before the poll locking

About why I think the game will score lower, not talking about the performance subject, I think some things that we took for granted aged not so well like the sidequests and combat.

Another thing is that the original was released in a time that JRPGs didn't have big areas with thought put in building a ecosystem. We had 3 games of the series now + 1 DLC and other franchises stepped up their game, so one of the biggest appeal isnt so exciting and rare now. Buuut I was one of those who thought P5R was going to score lower, so I don't have a great track record lol

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
There's been a few people streaming the game over the last few days, already someone doing Future Connected now. Saw at least one playthrough on YouTube. Nintendo not seeming to care that much?

NeoZylom

Apr 10, 2019
You can't compare P5 to P5R reviews with this because P5 and P5R are both same gen so you don't have the same expectations for a 2 gen leap game. The game (XCDE) has to run smoother, better. And also reach today's expectations of what this game could/should be.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
85-89 range

i don't see the score being as high as the original

FF12 went from a 92 to a 86 so i could see this being the same

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
You can't compare P5 to P5R reviews with this because P5 and P5R are both same gen so you don't have the same expectations for a 2 gen leap game. The game (XCDE) has to run smoother, better. And also reach today's expectations of what this game could/should be.

You also cant compare it to P5 because the Xenoblade series isnt a critic darling like Persona still is. And no that isnt to bash P5, thats just how it is - critics love that franchise.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm thinking around 90. P5R scoring higher than the original seems to be more the exception than the rule.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it will get above 90. The original was groundbreaking in many ways, but I doubt the added QoL improvements will suffice for a score that high, especially with how the sequels were judged.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
final fantasy xii got 92.

the zodiac age is a big improvement over that yet it got 86.

also we are talking about the same sites which gave a laughable 83 to xenoblade 2.
Xenoblade 2 score makes sense.
It has a lot of issues and even more at release.

It's a lot more divisive among players so it's obvious it gets some lower scores from reviewer to reviewer.

X kind of got that treatment as it was very different from any jrpg you usually see, from its structure to sountrack, which is also easily divisive.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seen the game, it's looks bad on handheld but honestly it's worth it just for QoL and glamour system. I'm gonna finish it for the 3rd time and probably 4th then when it the Switch version is finally playable on pc emulation

To be fair P5R has a substantial update on graphics, loading and performance too especially on Pro

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
_20200527_100313pzk2a.jpg

Hell yeah!

Oct 29, 2017
Technical issues with the remaster will drag the score down.

Doesn't change the fact that it is the best RPG ever made.

The 3DS version got an 86. This is a significant improvement over that. It will be higher than 86

For the platform it was on? The 3DS version was a far more accomplished port than this dumpster fire of an attempt on Switch. I reckon that the score will reflect that.

otretas

Nov 1, 2017
How come Torna is rated so low... Its still a good score but i believed it deserved way more
For me xenoblade could be perfect if they did voice acting in heart to heart moments. Its the rpg with the best cast of characters since ff9.