• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loadout

Oct 26, 2017
Israel
XIII-Release-Date-Amazon-ES_06-11-20.jpg

Also, a new trailer will debut during the IGN Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream later today, which begins at 11:30 a.m. PT / 2:30 p.m. ET.

More at the link: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/xiii-remake-launches-november-10

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember how beautiful the game looked in magazines back in the day. I'll probably bite day one.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I thought this was about FFXIII and thought 'that was both unexpected and unnecessary' :D

This looks great.

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019
Awesome, I played and beat the OG back then on PC. It looked incredible back then and even better now.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Whaaaaaaaat?!?! Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!? Awesome! I had SO MUCH fun back in the day with this.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for this, I'm a big fan of the original game. I hope this leads to a sequel as well lol

I don't understand why they delayed the game for a year though? It was a weird decision, although to be fair they weren't showing basically anything before.

Orbulon

Nov 1, 2017
France
I wonder if the recent wave of Microïds remasters including Astérix XXL2 and that Titeuf game sold well ? Seems like a very niche audience.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Love this game and have been waiting for it. Just short of a 1 year delay though (Was gonna release on 13 Nov 2019).

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I see, so the guy remembers he's actually Sam Fisher at the end, surprise splinter cell is in development pls be excited

I'm jk but that does look like conviction Sam in the cover. I don't remember the original guy looking quite like that

Deleted member 59

Oh I see, so the guy remembers he's actually Sam Fisher at the end, surprise splinter cell is in development pls be excited

I'm jk but that does look like conviction Sam in the cover. I don't remember the original guy looking quite like that

Talking about Splinter Cell, my friend sent me this....very similar pose, angles, then you have similarities like having a watch, short sleeves, strap on right side of chest etc, uncanny ha

9780425231043.png

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
almost threw up in my throat thinking it was FFXIII related

I remember XIII being pretty good, will keep an eye on this

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Talking about Splinter Cell, my friend sent me this....very similar pose, angles, watch, short sleeves, strap on right side of chest etc, uncanny ha

9780425231043.png
There you go, that's the one... I realize no one holds the rights to fictional characters in that particular position, but it's still funny, it looks like a cel shaded Sam

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I loved XIII back on my Gamecube and this looks great. I hope it does well enough to continue the story.

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
I hope this sells really well so we can get a sequel because this ends on such a cliffhanger!

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Need this. Still got my PS2 copy of the original game. Can't wait.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
It's a great game but I always found it odd that they used cel-shading with this particular licence when the original graphic novels try to look photo-realistic.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Wat ? I mean it was a cool looking game but in terms of actually playing it I don't think it needed to be remade.

Oct 28, 2017
I looked at the thread title and thought "Ugh this is gonna be fucking Final Fantasy why cant we get XIII again that game was cool"

HOLY SHIT IT'S ACTUALLY XIII! FIRST ALEX KIDD NOW THIS?!

Best E3 in years. E3 should skip every year.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I looked at the thread title and thought "Ugh this is gonna be fucking Final Fantasy why cant we get XIII again that game was cool"

HOLY SHIT IT'S ACTUALLY XIII! FIRST ALEX KIDD NOW THIS?!

Best E3 in years. E3 should skip every year.
I Don't Wanna Be That Guy, but this was announced a year ago, it was going to come out last November.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't understand all the confusion, if the OP meant FFXIII they would have written FFXIII... and we've known Ubisoft have been working on this remake since they announced it at last year's E3.

All of you expecting/wanting an FFXIII remake be trippin'

and I say that as someone that doesn't actually hate FFXIII.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I remember downloading the demo on PC when it released and then eventually getting the GCN version. I'll eventually get this one when it's cheaper.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand all the confusion, if the OP meant FFXIII they would have written FFXIII... and we've known Ubisoft have been working on this remake since they announced it at last year's E3.

All of you expecting/wanting an FFXIII remake be trippin'

and I say that as someone that doesn't actually hate FFXIII.
Microids is remaking this, not Ubisoft.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Completely forgot this was happening. Great news - that's one thing to look forward to later this year.