• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
First of all, I still think it's too early to announce it and it's not happening any soon but we can't just ignore what's right in front of us

ALSO SPOILER WARNING FOR THE PREVIOUS GAMES I GUESS

So, on XSEED's press release for their E3 lineup announced they used the following headline

XSEED GAMES CORRALS AN ECLECTIC MIX OF GODS, LEGENDARY HEROES, VAMPIRES, STUDENTS, AND ANTHROPOMORPHS FOR E3 2018

At first it might only see them referring to the games lined up to be playable during E3 but when you think a bit more about it there seems to be too many similarities to what's in Cold Steel 3

Gods might be a reference to Sakuna Rice and Ruin and might be the flimsiest one out of all of these in its connection to CS3 but ancient Gods mentioned in the Black records in the previous game are very relevant to the plot of the 3rd game

The most obvious one is clearly the "Legendary Heroes" bit that could reference either Fate/Extella Link or the title of the greater series Trails is a part of, The Legend of Heroes

Vampires might be a reference to Gungrave VR (i'm not really sure about this) but could be a reference to the Vampires that appeared in a book series in the first CS and seem to make an appearance for real in the 3rd game

Students feels a bit odd because it seems to talk about both Senran Kagura and Gal Metal. Or the fact that you play as a teacher in CS3 going on field trips with your Students

And last, while Anthropomorphs might seem to be talking about the newly announced Freedom Planet for Switch, it could also be talking about our beloved Mishy, Falcom and Mishelam's mascot that makes an appearance in CS3

What could this all mean? Are they trying to hint at the game coming eventually? Are they just trolling us after bothering them so much? Or is this all just a big unfortunate coincidence?

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I saw this but I completely glossed over the fact that Xseed was the one who wrote this.
I mean
If it's accidental that's quite the accident.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I want to believe.
373508802735243265.png

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Not the last time we had a promising coincidence

I wouldn't read much into this, nice as the thought remains.

We did get a PC port announced though... albeit 3 years later.

I think an E3 presser would be more deliberate though. That tweet was literally a picture chosen on a whim while brewing coffee.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the big three would highlight this publisher more although I would be shocked to see them in their conferences.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
It's-a-conspiracy.jpeg

After what happened with SC, I doubt they'll announce it till they have a solid release date.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Xseed knows "legendary heroes" will make people think of Trails. They shouldn't use those words unless they are talking about Trails.

Everything else mentioned is definitely not referring to Trails though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't expect this to be more than a coincidence.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Please be true and give me a simultaneous release for CS3 on PS4 and PC XSEED!

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the big three would highlight this publisher more although I would be shocked to see them in their conferences.
Microsoft practically doesn't have any reason to given the low number of Xbox releases they do. Sony only relatively recently has been getting better about smaller publishers, while Nintendo... well, they've been chummy before, though I don't think they pushed the likes of Last Story. But Nintendo was in a weird ass position then.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I think an E3 presser would be more deliberate though. That tweet was literally a picture chosen on a whim while brewing coffee.
The point is that some people were certain this coffee tweet, with a big Memories of Celceta image alongside it, indicated a Steam port of the game. I just don't want to get my hopes by reading too much into coded language which might not even lead to anything. As you said, three years is quite a while, even for the localization of a game this big.

Why you hate money xseed?
They love money. But they can't snap their fingers and have a Cold Steel III localization deal ready to announce whenever diehard fans complain for a while. These things take time, and much of the fault rests on Falcom for minimizing their involvement with localization.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Legendary Heroes was in regards to Fate/Extella. Don't hurt me like this OP

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xseed knows "legendary heroes" will make people think of Trails. They shouldn't use those words unless they are talking about Trails.

Everything else mentioned is definitely not referring to Trails though.

Yeah really, they know what they're doing. You can't use those words and then say it's referring to Fate.

OP
OP
Tonton

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Not the last time we had a promising coincidence

I wouldn't read much into this, nice as the thought remains.

I don't see why people keep bringing this up, a morning tweet with a picture of a game that people read too much into is quite different from a press release with these many coincidences

This is more akin that time they were tesing Zwei with a random penguin figure and people thought that was supposed to be a Crossbell tease because one of the charavchar wears a costume based on the Zwei penguins

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
They love money. But they can't snap their fingers and have a Cold Steel III localization deal ready to announce whenever diehard fans complain for a while. These things take time, and much of the fault rests on Falcom for minimizing their involvement with localization.

I don't know man, I'd say there's a pretty good argument there that you'd have to hate money to go forward with localizing a Kiseki game.

:V

OP
OP
Tonton

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary Heroes was in regards to Fate/Extella. Don't hurt me like this OP
I know, this I acknowledge that in the OP, if it was just that i wouldn't read anything at all into it, but there is a lot more than that

Yeah really, they know what they're doing. You can't use those words and then say it's referring to Fate.
They very well can since Fate/ is all about heroic spirits from legends of history

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the day of the "So a priest and a nun walk into a game...". XSEED please stop with our suffering :(

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I don't know man, I'd say there's a pretty good argument there that you'd have to hate money to go forward with localizing a Kiseki game.

:V
The entry-point games sell fairly well for XSEED's standards, enough to justify the sequels. On top of that, localizing more Falcom games shows Falcom who's most interested in developing their Western market...so they'll have to take on Cold Steel III if they want to compete with NISA and Aksys for Falcom localizations. Everyone loves potential money.

Maybe I'm just grouchy about all this, but it feels like we could collect and organize all the potential reasons why there's been no localization announcement for this game yet and many voices would still parrot misconceptions or vent everywhere they go. I refuse to get hopes up about an announcement like this knowing how easily I could get worked up by things like this press release, and this skepticism can help. It doesn't preclude my hope for such an announcement.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a coincidence then it's a hell of a fuck up on whoever wrote this PR. They know what their fans are going to assume with Legandary Heroes in the title. And while I've done my best to avoid spoilers, I know enough that seeing Students and Vampires along side Legendary Heroes instantly make me think Cold Steel III.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
We're more likely to learn that XSEED's bringing over CS I & II Kai to PS4 in English vs. Cold Steel III. Having both announced at this time of year would make my head spin, lol.

Also of note: XSEED doesn't do their own PR. They outsource statements to OnePR:

gqUQWZU.png

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Hatsuu is saying on the Falcom Discord that a pr company wrote that and didn't know legendary heroes could be tied to Trails. She is saying people are reading too much into this.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Sure.

Got the 2 Cold Steel games on both PS3 and PC (not sure about the remasters on PS4 if they ever come out).

Please bring CS3 over. I'll definitely get that.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
It's either a very good sign or that Trails has every anime stereotype under the sun.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Didn't think it was gonna be Cold Steel III. The last Trails game they teased went like "A priest and a nun walk into a game". That's about the subtlety I'll be expecting.

As for CS1 and CS2 Kai, I wouldn't be surprised if Falcom goes with NISA for those two games. That's because XSeed is only allowed to publish console games in North America, while NISA can publish worldwide, meaning that they'll be publishing it in European territory whether XSeed is allowed to sell it in NA or not. Falcom may just decide to cut out the middle man in this case, since I kinda doubt the Kai games will sell large numbers, with the PC ports having been released fairly recently.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
That's because XSeed is only allowed to publish console games in North America, while NISA can publish worldwide, meaning that they'll be publishing it in European territory whether XSeed is allowed to sell it in NA or not. Falcom may just decide to cut out the middle man in this case, since I kinda doubt the Kai games will sell large numbers, with the PC ports having been released fairly recently.
XSEED has published in Europe before (Rune Factory 4 on eShop), it's just logistically difficult for them to do so. What they need is a better working relationship with Marvelous Europe, which ought to be a given since they're both subsidiaries of a larger corp with global goals. The Kai releases won't sell great at first, but would do well in the long-term as more people get into the series to play the sequels.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
If the PR person really knows nothing about it, I'm still scratching my head over them using "student". Like for a PR wouldn't you say Ninjas and Muscians to sound exciting? Students feels like such a small part of those two games and much bigger for Cold Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.