• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

The Cycle is YAGER Development's next game project and will soon enter Alpha Testing. If you would like to join our testing community, please go to: https://thecycle.game and fill out the Alpha Tester application form.

What is The Cycle about?
The Cycle is a match-based FPS where you compete to fulfill contracts (quests) during a match that lasts approximately 20 mins. Staying on the planet for longer than that is bad for your health.

When does the Closed Alpha start?
In the next few weeks. We're currently feature complete for Alpha and busy wrapping up final testing.

How many players during a match?
20 players and lots more alien monsters, plus some cute Fortuna III native wildlife.
What platforms will it be released on?
Initially only on PC, but we plan to bring it to consoles at a later date.

Will it be on Steam?
It certainly will be. The Alpha Test build is already on Steam and the game page will be live soon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an unusual concept, I assume you also can fight against other players and steal their loot? An odd mix between a single player open world RPG and a Battle Royale? I'm intrigued.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Art style looks good, and I'm glad it's PC first. I'm looking forward to see some gameplay.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Looks cool. I probably won't check out the alpha (Kinda ruins the magic for me a bit) but I could be day one if I hear some good things. Spec Ops played fine, but the writing actually gripped me even though I heard that it was gonna be good. Hopefully this has the same writer.

If anyone's confused like I was, Yager survived the Dead Island 2 stuff although they've been a bit quiet lately with only one game release since Spec Ops: The Line, a game called Dreadnought that released on PS4 the end of last year.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Are you sure it's first person? That last bits kinda suggest that it's third person.

I like the artstyle, kinda reminds me of No Man's Sky.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
thecycleyfcvp.png

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Hope this succeeds. I wish those guys all the best. If you can make something like Spec Ops: The Line you dont deserve to be working in the shadows.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Compelling visuals, interesting questing system in short multiplayer matches and Yager developing? I'm game.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Looks and sounds very intriguing (Avatar meets Halo kinda vibe), looking forward to impressions from people who get to test the Alpha.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Signed up for the alpha. The concept is interesting even I don't understand how that will work in practice.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This looks pretty cool.

It sounds a bit like Monster Hunter meets PvP meets No Mans Sky meets Hunt the Showdown - but in a unique way.

Will keep an eye on this.

Oct 27, 2017
I love the art style, the vista in that trailer and the flora and fauna. It looks interesting and gorgeous. However I'm not typically a fan of multiplayer shooters, although hopefully they can do something interesting with the genre.

'The Cycle' is an incredibly boring name though.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
art style looks good. A bit of Borderlands x Horizon Zero Dawn x Destiny x Mass Effect.

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
Visually intriguing, looking forward to impressions.

What happened to their previous game? Dreadnought I think it was called.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Yager: stop beating around the bush and announce Yager 2: The Yagening. I've been waiting for 15 years!

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like an unusual concept, I assume you also can fight against other players and steal their loot? An odd mix between a single player open world RPG and a Battle Royale? I'm intrigued.

This is the next 'thing', its all about who gets it right. PvP/PvE mashups, where you may need to fight / choose allies, ignore..various player groups with various missions, some intertwined, some that just take you near other groups (can fight / can communicate / can team up)..lots of moving parts to get right.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool concept! Competitive multiplayer games with a significant PVE component are awesome and unique.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but this sounds a lot like Escape From Tarkov and Hunt Showdown, right?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck yeah. I thought they were unfortunately no longer in business.

Spec Ops was a masterpiece. I'll buy anything they created to see what it'll be.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the next 'thing', its all about who gets it right. PvP/PvE mashups, where you may need to fight / choose allies, ignore..various player groups with various missions, some intertwined, some that just take you near other groups (can fight / can communicate / can team up)..lots of moving parts to get right.

Yeah I've thought about this as a concept before. Looks exciting.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
competitive questing sounds like competitive fishing (saw it on tv once, it's weird. they weigh the fish at the end to see who wins)

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Not sure it's the right move, there are so many games in that market. It's going to be tough.

I wish they took the single player road again. Spec Ops is probably one of the most underrated game of last gen.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Annnnnd signed up for the alpha.
Just beaten Spec Ops a while ago and really like it, so this definitely has my interest even though it is more multiplayer focus.