Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good that they cut this out, when I first played Yakuza 3 it was the first one in the series that I played. I loved the shit out of the game enough to get the Platinum but man those missions left a sour taste in my mouth, I'm glad the team are cutting this out. Hopefully they can replace it with more of the content they are best at in the series (Not to reinvent Yakuza 3 obviously, but maybe just some more funny dialogue missions).

Also, it didn't really fit Kiryu to be referring to someone as an 'other', he's a flawed person but he's not that much of an asshole to the average person.
they will re-implement all the OTHER cut content we didn't get in the original western release that are much less offensive so it's a win win situation all around

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see the complaints about censorship on twitter and youtube (let's see if anyone here is brave enough to expose themselves)

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
It's cool that the actual team in Japan realized this and were open to change or remove it.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
it's amazing to see this serie evolve in terms of idea and views throughout the years

Kiwami 1 was also pretty good with that! One lesbian hostess that says she wants to marry but had to go oversee to do that, and where kiryu said japan was pretty late about these issues

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
"Man, I just hate it when the creator's vision changes and they have to censor the creator's original vision!"

Sakimotor

Banned
Jan 21, 2019
It's not a line or two though, she's a recurring character and the way the game frames trans folk is fucke--

10uU8kE.png

Yeah, nevermind. I won't bother taking this seriously if you're going to be posting on a burner.

A burner ? Has it ever occured to your mind that someone may have joined not long ago ?

Btw I'd like to get more infos about that character and what is offensive about him, as I haven't played the game and only watched the submission that was posted on this thread.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
God, a series about actual criminals in Japan is more progressive than a bunch of series about people we're supposed to root for in Japan.

It'd be surprising if Yakuza as a series wasn't already as great as it is

As already said, honestly Yakuza us more about doing the right thing than being a Yakuza, which is one of the reasons kiryu isn't ever really an active Yakuza member when you control him (at least not in zero through Kiwami 2).

Also;

DJFzXSDVwAEI6hh

DJFzXSCUQAE3ePF

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/camperjon/status/905632458485276674

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
they will re-implement all the OTHER cut content we didn't get in the original western release that are much less offensive so it's a win win situation all around

Oh damn that's brilliant! I remember at the time people complaining about some of the lost content that never got translated like the hostess clubs (You meet the women in random spots if I recall, Smile Burger was one such place).

Oct 27, 2017
And nothing of value was lost I guess?

Can't wait to play 3-4-5 on PS4. Loved 0-2. Hoping they come to the west soon and I'm happy to hear they removed any transphobic content

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Kiryu is progressive as fuck in Kiwami with that one dating sidequest so this isn't any surprise Nagoshi feels the same way. In fact most of the time despite looking silly the "okama" in Yakuza games aren't always played for laughs like that sidequest in Yakuza 3.

Sakimotor

Banned
Jan 21, 2019
For fuck's sake all I've been saying was that the changes would not be important enough to make a thread about it since all I've seen about the character was a subquests that shows almost no offensive dialogues and y'all are already flaming me. If you really want to prove me wrong just show me what else was wrong with the original Yakuza 3 game since it's the main topic ????

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Yakuza is the fucking coolest game series ever. So glad I'm finally getting into it. Not only do they seem like passion projects, the people working on them seem really rad.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For fuck's sake all I've been saying was that the changes would not be important enough to make a thread about it since all I've seen about the character was a subquests that shows almost no offensive dialogues and y'all are already flaming me. If you really want to prove me wrong just show me what else was wrong with the original Yakuza 3 game since it's the main topic ????
I mean, it's not on you to say what deserves a thread or not in the first place.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
What the hell is wrong with YOU? They remove something offensive in the game, why is your reaction to it something else than "good" or just passing up the thread completely if you don't care like you say. Why do you feel the need to threadwhine about it? Plenty of people here care how minority people are represented in media, so it's a thread. It's simple as that.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, this has been known for a while since it's been out in Japan for months. Hopefully they announce the localization soon.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
They mentioned on announcement or close to it that certain quests needed to be changed, besides actor stuff, they clearly mentioned that one side-quest in Y3 that needed to change in a japan only interview. So i don't wanna hear that japan can't be aware of that stuff. The yakuza team generaly seems more in touch with the english localization team, certainly more outspoken than the usually secretive Atlus team in japan.

Oct 25, 2017

shut the fuck up, you don't get to tell anyone what is thread worthy or not.

No one needs to "prove you wrong", using your new account to complain in a thread about a topic like this one also rises a lot of red flags, if you really aren't just using a burner account then get the hell out of this thread and actually try next time, bye.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Love Yakuza 3. It's my 3rd favorite Yakuza game after Y0 and Kiwami 2. Hopefully Sega also adds some of the missing localization content in addition to taking out the bad stuff.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

five posts into an account and you're already complaining about a thread topic covering trans issues.

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017

Grow the fuck up, child.

You really don't see anything wrong with calling a trans person "it?"

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
shut the fuck up, you don't get to tell anyone what is thread worthy or not.

No one needs to "prove you wrong", using your new account to complain in a thread about a topic like this one also rises a lot of red flags, if you really aren't just using a burner account then get the hell out of this thread and actually try next time, bye.
Word

Sakimotor

Banned
Jan 21, 2019
five posts into an account and you're already complaining about a thread topic covering trans issues.

giphy.gif
Huh ? I'm just asking about concrete details of what went wrong with that character's representation like you know, screenshots, videos, quotes, stuff like that. Not everyoen has played the game and I certainly haven't.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Good on em. Love this series so damn much and really happy to see Yakuza team doing stuff like this.

Looking forward to playing Yakuza 3 when it comes out here.