Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Just so people know, don't play each game after the other. There is a huge potential that you will burn out fast if you do that.

Oh and Yakuza 3 has missable side stories.

I'd second this. I've been taking a couple month breaks between 0, K1, and K2. Tried to play Fist of the North Star right after finishing K1 and got burned out so hard, it was like six+ months until I was ready for K2.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That case for Yakuza 5 is a really cool nod to long suffering fans. And for anyone watching the trailer, aside from a couple of characters shown, its really not spoilery unless you've played the games before hand.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Why? Yakuza 5 ps4 is coming in it's own box.
Yakuza 5 comes on its own disc, and is in a case with the disc that has Y3 and 4. You can easily remove it and put it in the PS3 case and still have the case house the disc for Y3 and Y4, thereby not having any empty cases.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Yakuza 5 comes on its own disc, and is in a case with the disc that has Y3 and 4. You can easily remove it and put it in the PS3 case and still have the case house the disc for Y3 and Y4, thereby not having any empty cases.
Why not sell a ps4 box instead of a ps3 box in that case? it's even dumber than I thought.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A very limited physical run of The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition, detailed below, will also be available on February 11, 2020. Pre-orders for the physical collection are available now at https://yakuza.sega.com/remastered. :/
I dont see a pre-order option for the physical collection yet.
Why not sell a ps4 box instead of a ps3 box in that case? it's even dumber than I thought.
Nah, I think it'll be cool to fill out the shelf.

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
A very limited physical run of The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition, detailed below, will also be available on February 11, 2020. Pre-orders for the physical collection are available now at https://yakuza.sega.com/remastered. :/

I only see the digital edition up on the site. Anyone have a link to the physical preorder?

Hopefully these will be available at traditional retailers, but I'll lock it in wherever I can ASAP.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
No digital a la carte option is dissapointing. I would consider buying 3 and maybe 4 a la carte as they release and then the physical bundle when 5 releases, but it looks like I'm only grabbing the physical bundle

Also please don't be only available on their site or something, the very limited quantities thing has be worried, just let me lock this shit in

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
That is really cool. Nothing in the German PSN store though. Will probably get it on the US store then. Yakuza 3 was the first game where I started.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
After seeing this fanservice, I refuse to believe that Ishin and Kenzan won't come at some point.

Hell, gimme Dead Souls again. I WANT THEM ALL.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My EB usually has a huge stock of Yakuza. What are the odds I'll be able to scoop up Y3/4/5 there come February?

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Because it's for long-time fans to complete their collections

Then print y5 ps3 on a disc and put it in the case. Otherwise it's just an empty box. It's not completing anyone's collection anymore than an empty box for any other game would complete a collection. This physical release is obviously for the super fans of the series so why not go the extra mile and print some y5 ps3 discs. Make the overall package a little more expensive to make up for it.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
So wait, the limited Physical Collection will have 3,4,5 remastered physical discs for PS4, and a separate PS3 Yakuza 5 case? Is that correct?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Never played a yakuza game, I own kiwami through playstation plus, should I play it?

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow nice, so it was released in the Germany store, much appreciated ! :D
No worries! Yeah, the PSN URLS are generally the exact same across regions, you just need to change a small part of it to register for your region (the "de-de" is the only thing I changed, for me in Australia it says "en-au" and I can change the 'au' to 'na' and view the US store)

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
They even included a physical PS3 box for people who bought Yakuza 5 on its digital release.

The team working on the franchise's localization to the west is amazing. The absolute effort and care that they put into Yakuza is unbelievable. I know it's not the most successful series and sometimes it might seem like it's not worth it, but if the franchise has grown so much during the last 5 years is thanks to them. Supporting the releases (even if there's literally not enough time for me to properly complete all the games lol) is so easy when it feels like everyone, from the japanese team to the overseas team, is rooting for the games.