• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you played Spider-Man 2 before?

• Yes!

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • No!

Votes: 32 21.5%

• Total voters

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I literally just got done playing the intro to Spider-Man 2 and I gotta say… that was amazing. I just had to put the controller down and make this thread. I got the game a little while ago thanks to the Buy sell trade thread (super underrated thread by the way). I finally finished Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (game was incredibly long) so now I can jump into Spidey Men 2 and I gotta say that intro was hecka fun.

You're swinging through the city to get to Sandman and when you get there its utter complete chaos. It was a visual and exhilarating treat. Miles and Peter are fighting and actually working together as a team to take him down. Those two guys are great together and I like the banter between them. There was a scene where Sandman sends Miles freaking FLYING across the city and Miles uses his webs to get back. I was like DAAAAAMN!!! Let's freaking go! You ever get that feeling early in a game where you can tell you're in for a damn good ride? I'm feeling that right now and it feels so freaking good. I forgot how hype Miles' Venom Punch was! And Peter's web arm thingies are so cool!

Uncharted always scratched that itch of Sony's style of wild stuff happening on screen and I'm glad to see its back in full from in SP2 already.

Sorry if the thread came off knee jerky but I just had to make it. Intro was so good. I like a game that comes out swinging hard. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Random but this reminds me of Mass Effect 2's intro. THAT game's intro was freaking legendary and that delivered all the way through. Shout out to the people who made that legendary game too. I love a damn good intro in a game.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
The scale is good at the end but I didn't like the mob sandman fight in between. Probably because I'm rusty in action brawler games since Miles Morales.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The part where Miles flies across the city impressed me in a way few video games do. The whole thing is a hell of a setpiece, one of the most memorable in years for sure.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah, it's a really cool sequence !

Shame the game peaks so early outside of maybe the Black Cat mission.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Spidey 2 reminds me of UC2 in all the right ways. This thing is paced so well

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
The intro really sells the player on how playing as two spider people will work and what they're specific skills are.

They already showed how they will work together in the Miles intro but its even more scaled up in 2.

Loved the cutscene with Peter and Miles in the classroom at the start too.

Sep 13, 2022
You might as well make this an updated thread with every major moment from the game because that's nothing compared to the rest imo.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
The whole game is a freaking sick! The best superhero game on the market since the Arkham series.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
The combos you can do while being in air in this game is incredible. Whole game is a fun package

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I think SM2 barely missed my top 5 last year, but it would have been a strong contender for my goty in many other years. Of the recent 1st party Sony sequels, this was the only one that gave me a better experience than its predecessor.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
You just got done the intro? Wheww, so many crazy highlights to come. You're in for a treat!

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
The game is indeed amazing

maxresdefault.jpg

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I think SM2 barely missed my top 5 last year, but it would have been a strong contender for my goty in many other years. Of the recent 1st party Sony sequels, this was the only one that gave me a better experience than its predecessor.

I dunno, I feel the same way about the three big Sony games I played last year - God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and Spiderman 2. All three were better from a visual, combat, world map, quality of life, and mechanics standpoint than their predecessors but I thought the characters, story, and pacing was weaker.

I really was disappointed in the third act of Spidey 2, it felt very imbalanced in the villain stuff. I did enjoy exploring the world more and combat felt as fun if not better.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA
It was too much like a cutscene to be effective for me.

Even the combat in that part is so tutorialized that I could close my eyes and tap square to get through it. I always find it harder to get engaged in these kinds of parts in games.

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing last weekend. Intro was pretty cool, reminded me of GoW3 with the scale. I just kinda hate starting out right in the action. I needed some time to get used to the controls.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Honestly the whole game is great, sure I wish some aspects of it were better. But what's actually there is all really good.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It's cool but feels kind of hands off to me? I think increasingly the big set piece stuff doesn't do as much for me as it used to.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
I played Spiderman 2 (only first hour and got bored ), then started FF16 and its intro is like the best one ever and much better than anything I have played.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool but feels kind of hands off to me? I think increasingly the big set piece stuff doesn't do as much for me as it used to.

Same here. It all looks cool but the actual gameplay of big battles like this isn't all that different than what games like God of War we're doing on PS2. You do basic attacks until it's the game throws you an opportunity to do a big cinematic attack that does massive damage and then repeat, with some downtime where you fight basic enemies against a cool background. I especially felt this way with the FFXVI Eikon battles.

There were some set pieces later in Spider-Man 2 that I found a lot cooler.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Some may say there is too much Marvel but I'm so glad we get Good Spider-Man in video game format, they get things right the MCU movies just miss.