• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Four years ago I had to stop watching Max for a while because i couldnt play remake until a few months after release. Four years later we are live and LOCKED IN, emotional

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been putting off watching any of Max's FFVII content until I finish. Damn this game is long.

I did catch wind this is now in his top 3 favorite games. That's impressive.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need to finish Rebirth so I can finish watching Max's playthrough. I'm only watching the videos where he plays what I've already played.

I just want to know one thing, yes or no: did Max like the ending of Rebirth? I don't want any details.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
I'm gonna be honest, lately I find myself enjoying the YoVideogames streams less and less.

The Stellar Blade demo was a good example of that. I feel like the whole dynamics of a YoVideogames stream simply doesn't work when they are playing single player games.

You have Kenny and Steve trying to act funny all the time, Simmons being his usual self with the hot takes and there's no actual focus on the game itself. I guess I should say I wish they would stop with the negative banter/jokes all the time and actually seriously focus on the game. Max has now decided to drop Stellar Blade because of the fanbase, but I really think if he would have played the game on his own solo stream, he might actually still give the final game a chance.

At this point I also doubt Max is ever going to properly play a Yakuza/Like A Dragon or Persona game in full.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
were some assholes in his chat giving him grief for some comments or something?

Nah, I don't think it was the chat. I think he said he's had a lot of negativity coming to him lately on Twitter and the likes because of his Rebirth theories but apparently he doesn't like how the fanbase defends Stellar Blade or something.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I don't think it was the chat. I think he said he's had a lot of negativity coming to him lately on Twitter and the likes because of his Rebirth theories but apparently he doesn't like how the fanbase defends Stellar Blade or something.
ah I see. Yeah, some gamergate chuds have attached themselves to Stellar Blade because of how it's being criticized for its depiction of women. I can understand that turning off Max.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
ah I see. Yeah, some gamergate chuds have attached themselves to Stellar Blade because of how it's being criticized for its depiction of women. I can understand that turning off Max.

That's obviously fully his right to do so. I personally don't understand why you would let some loud vocal minority deter you from checking out a game you were interested in. Every single game has weird/annoying fans.

I was looking forward to seeing Max play this game but I dont think that's going to happen anymore. I always hope he goes back to properly playing Persona 3 Reload because he liked what he was playing and the game gets even so much better later on. But I think Dragons Dogma 2 or Tekken 8 are going to be it for the time being.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's obviously fully his right to do so. I personally don't understand why you would let some loud vocal minority deter you from checking out a game you were interested in. Every single game has weird/annoying fans.

I was looking forward to seeing Max play this game but I dont think that's going to happen anymore. I always hope he goes back to properly playing Persona 3 Reload because he liked what he was playing and the game gets even so much better later on. But I think Dragons Dogma 2 or Tekken 8 are going to be it for the time being.
If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that max probably has personal experience in dealing with these chuds, from his being a public-facing person on twitch and in the fighting game community. Because of that, he would respond differently from us to the brouhaha surrounding the game.

I would also love it if he played a Yakuza game, or Persona 3.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that max probably has personal experience in dealing with these chuds, from his being a public-facing person on twitch and in the fighting game community. Because of that, he would respond differently from us to the brouhaha surrounding the game.

No doubt about that. He is one of the most popular streamers on the platform (rightfully so I would say) so there's bound to be hate coming his way unfortunately. I guess it is easy for non-streamers to say fuck the haters and do what you like.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I'm gonna be honest, lately I find myself enjoying the YoVideogames streams less and less.

The Stellar Blade demo was a good example of that. I feel like the whole dynamics of a YoVideogames stream simply doesn't work when they are playing single player games.

You have Kenny and Steve trying to act funny all the time, Simmons being his usual self with the hot takes and there's no actual focus on the game itself. I guess I should say I wish they would stop with the negative banter/jokes all the time and actually seriously focus on the game. Max has now decided to drop Stellar Blade because of the fanbase, but I really think if he would have played the game on his own solo stream, he might actually still give the final game a chance.

At this point I also doubt Max is ever going to properly play a Yakuza/Like A Dragon or Persona game in full.

Im the opposite. Im enjoying his streams even more. Give me more personalities and interactions. I dont go to Dood and YoVG for validation of my gaming tastes,;instead, I go to be entertained regardless if I agree with their gaming preferences or not. If they dont like Stellar Blade, then so be it. There are hundreds of other games that Im excited to watch them play and interact with.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Max playing yakuza would be banger as the game is sooo Max-coded especially with how much he loved Rebirth but alas, there's always going to be something on the way.

It's also ironic the one sponsored stream he did was from the imo most boring game that RGG has put out recently (the Ishin remaster) rather than maybe Infinite wealth or something.

yeah he enjoyed P3R but came out at the worst possible time lol.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
Im the opposite. Im enjoying his streams even more. Give me more personalities and interactions. I dont go to Dood and YoVG for validation of my gaming tastes,;instead, I go to be entertained regardless if I agree with their gaming preferences or not. If they dont like Stellar Blade, then so be it. There are hundreds of other games that Im excited to watch them play and interact with.

Oh don't get me wrong. I definitely also don't go to Max/YoVG for validation of my gaming tastes. These guys shit on games like BotW and RDR2 on a constant basis and especially the latter game is what I would call easily a masterpiece. In general I would say his taste and my taste have a lot of similarities but there's of games I love they don't and vice versa. Everyone likes what they like obviously.

The thing is, I enjoy Max's solo streams because whenever he plays/finishes a game, he always approaches it with a level-headed take. He takes his time to talk about his impressions and wether I align with them or not, I always enjoy that he deep-dives on his experiences.

All of that goes out the window when they're all streaming with YoVG. I notice that Max is much more brash and more of the Simmons-esque hot takes when it's all of them.

Max playing yakuza would be banger as the game is sooo Max-coded especially with how much he loved Rebirth but alas, there's always going to be something on the way.

It's also ironic the one sponsored stream he did was from the imo most boring game that RGG has put out recently (the Ishin remaster) rather than maybe Infinite wealth or something.

The sad part is, I remember after the Ishin stream (a game I actually do quite like but that aside) he stated he would love to play Yakuza 0 in its entirety one day. That is by far (and maybe a proper Persona playthrough) the game I would want to see him play the most. Especially since he's a big Sega fan, there's almost no way he wouldn't enjoy that game I think.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Oh don't get me wrong. I definitely also don't go to Max/YoVG for validation of my gaming tastes. These guys shit on games like BotW and RDR2 on a constant basis and especially the latter game is what I would call easily a masterpiece. In general I would say his taste and my taste have a lot of similarities but there's of games I love they don't and vice versa. Everyone likes what they like obviously.

The thing is, I enjoy Max's solo streams because whenever he plays/finishes a game, he always approaches it with a level-headed take. He takes his time to talk about his impressions and wether I align with them or not, I always enjoy that he deep-dives on his experiences.

All of that goes out the window when they're all streaming with YoVG. I notice that Max is much more brash and more of the Simmons-esque hot takes when it's all of them.

The sad part is, I remember after the Ishin stream (a game I actually do quite like but that aside) he stated he would love to play Yakuza 0 in its entirety one day. That is by far (and maybe a proper Persona playthrough) the game I would want to see him play the most. Especially since he's a big Sega fan, there's almost no way he wouldn't enjoy that game I think.

I normally skip his solo streams unless it is YT vids from his previous streams or social clips. Max is the most rational of the group, that is for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
were some assholes in his chat giving him grief for some comments or something?

Twitter Drama, but I saw this and though it was hilarious

View: https://twitter.com/PhiDXGames/status/1774713876585513103

Max even said he was thinking about just trying the game out himself, but considering the weirdness surrounding the game with the culture war he might have been deterred. I'll be honest, the weird vibe surrounding the game has deterred me from even trying the demo.

I really doubt Max would go back and play Persona 3 Reload, because FF7 and Tekken made him not play a lot of great games he checked out for one stream like POP Lost Crown, Granblue, etc.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
That tweet sums up why GG and the goobers associated was such hilarious trash

The gaming media was on the take but content creators THEY are looking out for us. Content Creator doesnt share their opinion on something "THEY ARE SHILLS"

It's why scum like Asm*ng old get to where they are cause they always go with whatever makes them money/clicks regardless of how garbage the opinion is.

Seeing what these psychos will do I 1000% support Max skipping Stellar Blade last thing I would ever want to see is someone I respect like Max getting swatted or doxxed or worse cause he had the gall to put one iota of critical thought into a game

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Not like this. And that "vocal minority" is very large. This isn't just a few people.

Stellar Blade has a lot of problematic garbage surrounding it and it completely makes sense that he doesn't want to be associated with the hardcore fanbase that has rallied around it, especially with it releasing in the midst of GamerGate 2.0.

Just to make it very clear what I'm referring to and the kind of garbage these people are spewing, this was one of the first tweets I saw when I searched "max stellar" on Sunday night:

GKDLXKkWUAA2Fv8

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching one of his Dragons Dogma VODs, and yeah he straight up says after the discourse on twitter he is not going to even bother with Stellar Blade.

Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
Not like this. And that "vocal minority" is very large. This isn't just a few people.

Stellar Blade has a lot of problematic garbage surrounding it and it completely makes sense that he doesn't want to be associated with the hardcore fanbase that has rallied around it, especially with it releasing in the midst of GamerGate 2.0.

Just to make it very clear what I'm referring to and the kind of garbage these people are spewing, this was one of the first tweets I saw when I searched "max stellar" on Sunday night:

GKDLXKkWUAA2Fv8

Yeah I understand he doesn't want to be associated if he gets constant shit like the example you posted over him on these social feeds.

My initial post wasn't really meant to be as a rally for him to play SB. More just that I feel single player games dont quite work in the YoVG setting. But it's clear not everyone feels the same way and that's fine.