• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Bungie has hit an even newer low. I use to post there 10 years ago. It's extremely sad that they are taking this so far the wrong way.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. But i'm used to MMO forums doing this

Last edited:

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Not really something to be upset about. Way easier to moderate that way and you have plenty of places (that are also more visible) to discuss the game.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Idk, Blizz doesn't let me post without a WoW sub right?
Stops people from abusing alt accounts I guess.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
This is kind of a non-issue, and something that I believe you used to have to do in the Halo days (sign up with a gamertag)

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just the Destiny 2 forums? Makes sense that you can't keep making new troll accounts. Steam should do the same for all the game forums.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
You can't post on the Overwatch forums without an account, hell, last time I checked it was tied to PC users only. This seems to be pretty overblown.

Nov 1, 2017
This seems like a non-controversy to me considering that the actual big name MMOs have done this for years and years.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
SOP for MMOs. To be fair, if you don't play Destiny, I can't see what you could possibly add to the conversations there other than trolling and shitposting.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't see a problem with this, but I don't see a reason for it either and all it does is add to their continued pr blunders more than anything

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Look, another Youtuber sensationalizing something for clicks.

I see no issue with this. The Bungie forums for D2 have been a cesspool of negativity for a while now. Shit people, it's a damn videogame, go play something else instead of complaining about shit and threatening the devs 24/7.

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What would you be doing at the Destiny 2 forums if you don't own the game though? Trolling?

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, when people want to be outraged at things (and there is people like that), they'll just latch onto anything and make it seem like it's the worst in the world.

This is barely an issue at all.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Its not just the Destiny 2 forum but also the general gaming and off-topic forums. Pretty shitty all around.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you had posted there 10 years ago, you would have remembered half the forums required you to have a linked Gamertag that had played at least a single game of Halo to post, so you had to own those games.

You can still post in any of the Groups just fine (which is where most of the focused discussion happens anyway), and this is not only a returning feature for Bungie, it's standard for many official games forums anyway. It's anti-spam, not anti-speech.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
They used to require Xbox Live accounts back in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days. The Coalition/ Gears of War forums still do.

This really isn't an issue.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a pretty sobering reminder of why AAA publishers continue to get away with their nonsense.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont see a problem with it really.
Agreed. Seems to me they want genuine feedback from people who own and play game and this move will help them acquire it by drowning out the driveby shitposts and trolling. This is just another YongYea non-story youtube video which, really, we should all be accustomed to by now.

Nov 1, 2017
Except if you just bought, Halo, Myth II, Marathon, or even Destiny 1 you can't post on the forums!
To be fair there are much better alternatives to discuss any of those games other than the abysmal Bungie forums. Many developers and publishers have closed their official forums and I can't really blame them. They were usually a cesspool.

OP
OP
Cranster

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
It runs over Battle.Net, no? (or do I mix up something?) This is a good thing. Destiny is getting HECKLED, by forum-posters, Redditors, some parts of Era, YouTubers, all of social media really, so it makes a lot of sense if you're looking for honest and constructive criticism filter out all the troll posters and bandwagon crowd that possibly don't even own the game from the conversation.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't ever post a YongYea video on ResetEra ever again.

This is classic YongYea too. Wildly overblown topic. Key word that stokes the flames.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
/shrug

I see nothing wrong here. Pretty normal thing to do as others stated, most MMOs do this.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I could understand them locking the Destiny 2 board only, but the rest of them is just ridiculous. Why are some people here defending clearly aggressive anti-consumer behavior from a company?