• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
nice

i dunno if i wanna see a new trailer, but a release date is very welcome

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
There's no events next month right? Paris Games Week is first week of November, so it's either a State of Play or a random release, yeah?

Looking forward to seeing more of the game and super excited to hearing when in Winter next year the game will drop.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's no events next month right? Paris Games Week is first week of November, so it's either a State of Play or a random release, yeah?

Looking forward to seeing more of the game and super excited to hearing when in Winter next year the game will drop.

SE got so many games, they could do with their own event.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Weird timing right? They are just going to tweet out a trailer for FFXVI?

Kiryu

Jun 23, 2022
i expected a trailer but did not expected a release date so soon. i will be excited

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sony showcase in October probably. It would be weird to not do one at all the entire year.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
SE got so many games, they could do with their own event.
Square Enix and advertising all of their games properly is not something I expect 😂

Edit: Oh you know, thinking about Nomura's cryptic hint in the KH Dark Road Q&A with an October tease, maybe there is some stream happening.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
I'm more curious if they will follow Capcom and announce "game is also in development for PS4".

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I think he also talked about wanting to release a demo early next year. So a big blowout in January or February with a demo and a release date would be great.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more curious if they will follow Capcom and announce "game is also in development for PS4".
They already kinda did the opposite thing, where the game was indeed considered for PS4 as well around the reveal trailer, but went full PS5 gen only after that. Would be funny if they go back again lol.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to guess, they probably didn't want it overshadowing the TGS games due out in the next few months like Star Ocean 6, Harvestella, and Crisis Core: FFVII Reunion.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
He already clarified that early on in the project they were considering developing for PS4 but has scrapped the platform because they were worried it will hurt the scope of the game.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, that sounds like it might get delayed past summer 2023
My hunch is that it'll be "summer" in the sense that September is summer

I think people expecting it in June are likely to be disappointed. But who knows. With both FFVII Rebirth and a likely FFXIV expansion potentially* on the docket for the back half of 2023, maybe SE will really want FFXVI out by June.

*FFVII Rebirth feels much more like a January 2024 game to me

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

I think people expecting it in June are likely to be disappointed. But who knows. With both FFVII Rebirth and a likely FFXIV expansion potentially* on the docket for the back half of 2023, maybe SE will really want FFXVI out by June.

Usually when they give a season I in no way expect the beginning of it. Maybe July?

With Zelda coming out in May, June may be a tad early anyway lol.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think he also talked about wanting to release a demo early next year. So a big blowout in January or February with a demo and a release date would be great.
That's very similar to what SE did for FFXV: a big media event with a demo in March, announcing the release date for six months later in September. It ended up getting delayed another two months but whatevs.

I think SE definitely views these FF rollouts as big, six-month promotional events. For all we know SE has an FFXVI tie-in film to announce, or an anime, or a mobile spinoff game, or (if it's like FFXV) all of the above.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
KHDR%2002.jpeg

Every question from this Q&A from August starts with Q, except for 4 and 10.

Come on Square Enix, let the October 4th tease from Nomura's Dark Road message mean Square Enix is doing something.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I believe they are talking about the rings (accessories?) you can equip that make the game easier.
He could def just be talking about the rings, but I took this to mean New adjustments currently being worked on. Hope we hear more next month

EDIT: I must be mixing things up because I could have sworn they discussed these accessories back in June, but I guess this is actually new info? Sorry for the misunderstanding
maybe sommit that brings it closer to FF7R where you can pause time and plan out actions?

ah, i thought they meant a different mode
Yeah I wonder how a Command Menu mode would translate, could be a fun compromise

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1571365794898137088?s=46&t=C2OdIeA8LXSnj-4isgFEJA
Curious to hear the team's approach to accommodating non-action fans. I'm all in on the DMC influence but I know not everyone feels the same

They spoke about this a little bit and the options sound pretty robust. They apparently have accessories that you can equip to tailor your experience to your own action needs, or not if you desire. There are accessories that slow down time right before Clive is hit (so you can dodge more easily), accessories that perform combos automatically, and accessories that will just dodge for you. I like the approach a lot, personally, since it lets you choose as much or as little help as you want.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
So considering that the 2 FF16 trailer were showed at a sony event, does that mean we might get another sop next month?

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
They spoke about this a little bit and the options sound pretty robust. They apparently have accessories that you can equip to tailor your experience to your own action needs, or not if you desire. There are accessories that slow down time right before Clive is hit (so you can dodge more easily), accessories that perform combos automatically, and accessories that will just dodge for you. I like the approach a lot, personally, since it lets you choose as much or as little help as you want.
that sounds neat, but i hope for folks who need them they are available asap

i suppose maybe you could start the game with them if you select an option, that'd probably be optimal, then you can decide what you do and dont need

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
that sounds neat, but i hope for folks who need them they are available asap

i suppose maybe you could start the game with them if you select an option, that'd probably be optimal, then you can decide what you do and dont need
Good concern! According to Yoshida you begin the game with these accessories, and don't need to progress to acquire them. Choosing story-focused mode comes with them pre-equipped in your loadout, while action-focused does not but still has them in your inventory in case you need them.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
To expand little bit on the non-action parts, Yoshida said they have prepared A LOT of stuff for those non-action fans, so it might be more than the ring he talked about in the interview.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
So considering that the 2 FF16 trailer were showed at a sony event, does that mean we might get another sop next month?
Not necessarily. Apologies for using a game that shan't be named as an example, but it was revealed at a SoP and had it's own 15 minute SoP earlier this year, and then it was shown independently of Sony and State of Plays. Square Enix could have something of their own planned, or put the FFXVI trailer out at will once the materials are ready.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Good concern! According to Yoshida you begin the game with these accessories, and don't need to progress to acquire them. Choosing story-focused mode comes with them pre-equipped in your loadout, while action-focused does not but still has them in your inventory in case you need them.
best of both worlds, honestly

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Interesting, thanks for the breakdown. More options sounds good to me

Kiryu

Jun 23, 2022
Maybe I worded it badly, but the release date is not next month. It's the next info blowout after the next months' trailer.

oh no you did word it correctly, I guess i'm the one who didn't lol. I thought a release date would come after a couple of more trailers or couple of months before summer but tbf the info blowout could be couple of months before summer

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

FFXIV expac wouldn't be late 2023 would it? They expanded the time for each of the five major patches by half a month starting with Endwalker, so if anything that'd put a new expac close to spring 2024.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
FFXIV expac wouldn't be late 2023 would it? They expanded the time for each of the five major patches by half a month starting with Endwalker, so if anything that'd put a new expac close to spring 2024.

Late 2023 or Very early 2024. I'm pretty sure that even with the 4 - 5 extra weeks between patches, that an expansion being out in close to Spring 2024 would be like a much longer gap between 6.55 and 7.0 then I think even 5.55 to 6.0.