Votes: 110 26.4%
  • Do not want

Votes: 307 73.6%

• Total voters

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
even before people posting what this place is like, it's a no based off google images lol. ain't no way I'm surviving a place that looks like that.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
even before people posting what this place is like, it's a no based off google images lol. ain't no way I'm surviving a place that looks like that.

but that is what we are counting.
if you die there you will get the 50 million alive here

so i want some warhammer fans to answer this:
What are the odds of the time dilatation torture stuff ?

Last edited:

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

Tbh the most likely outcome is getting shanked in the streets for a quick misery fix for one of the countless vatborn dregs, or being thrown into the arena as a warmup / food for something nasty.
If you're unlucky, you'll get slowly tortured over the time period by some amateur (by their standards).
If you're really unlucky, they'll start asking questions about how you came to be there and have one of the haemonculi flay you one nerve at a time, put you back together and start again.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I was thinking "Hey, it's not that bad" until you get to the Commorragh part.

Those bastards will torture you until they find out how you ended up there, and once they find out about "Two weeks and you're out" they'll put you in a slowed-down time field so they can torture you for millennia while the two weeks haven't even passed yet.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Tbh the most likely outcome is getting shanked in the streets for a quick misery fix for one of the countless vatborn dregs, or being thrown into the arena as a warmup / food for something nasty.
If you're unlucky, you'll get slowly tortured over the time period by some amateur (by their standards).
If you're really unlucky, they'll start asking questions about how you came to be there and have one of the haemonculi flay you one nerve at a time, put you back together and start again.

so the time dilatation stuff is REALLY unlikely?

I take 15 days of amateur torture if
1) I will be 100% unharmed after the 2 weeks
2) I can give 1 million dollars to everyone I like

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

I said amateur by their standards. That's still going to be exceedingly horrible, just not on the "hang your organs on the wall as an art piece while you're conscious of your suffering" level.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

It really depends on who finds you first.

But a dark eldar who is not totally desperate for their shot of pain will question how a totally unharmed human came to the Webway and will intuit that they can get more profit if they offer you to the Haemonculi.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to trust the instincts of everyone who knows this universe and are collectively screaming "hell no."

These sound like the type of people (are they people?) who would find out what you were there for and set up an elaborate mental Groundhog's Day scenario to torture you, where you think you've made it back to our world and repeatedly find out that no you're actually still in hell. That way even once you're really back you'll be too much of a shivering wreck to enjoy your magic money.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So even dying so long as it's not from suicide or a deliberate attempt to get myself killed still results in me getting the 50M after the two week wait requirement is met? Ah, yeah sign me up. What is the downside?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Yeah, no. You're lucky if just die instantly in the 40k verse. Too many things in 40k just want to inflict endless suffering or eat your soul with no release

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So even dying so long as it's not from suicide or a deliberate attempt to get myself killed still results in me getting the 50M after the two week wait requirement is met? Ah, yeah sign me up. What is the downside?

if you are unlucky, 2 weeks worth of worst nightmare you ever think about

so you would need a few of those money to some GOOD therapy/drugs

That being said, a good portion of the despair of torture and kidnappings and things like that is not knowing WHEN it will end and if you will survive, and if you will survive, how will you be, like missing eyes or toes or whatever

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Being tortured to the point you beg for death may have the unfortunate side effect of violating the "suicide or intentionally getting yourself killed" rule.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Being tortured to the point you beg for death may have the unfortunate side effect of violating the "suicide or intentionally getting yourself killed" rule.
I can't see Drukhari letting someone get off easy like that. The torment ends when they decide it does, and not before. You better off yourself before they can get to you, and good luck with that considering they possess inhuman speed and agility.

I can't really think of a worse place to try and survive in 40K besides a Plague World. In most places you would just die and that would be the end of it, but Drukhari and Nurgle fuckery terrifies me. So many fates worse than death from those factions.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017

Even without time dilation, even not involving the drukhari, been tortured for two weeks would result in a lifetime of PTSD and trauma. But answering your question, once they learm about your specific situation (I would expect them to be very interested on how a human has just walked into the city), they would make everything they can to fuck you up. That's basically their thing. Time dilation, personality modification, etc... They are edgy sadists, so you could expect to come back not only fucked up, but primed to suffer more (e.g. with some hypnotic suggestion to kill your loves ones or some similar bullshit).

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Even without time dilation, even not involving the drukhari, been tortured for two weeks would result in a lifetime of PTSD and trauma. But answering your question, once they learm about your specific situation (I would expect them to be very interested on how a human has just walked into the city), they would make everything they can to fuck you up. That's basically their thing. Time dilation, personality modification, etc... They are edgy sadists, so you could expect to come back not only fucked up, but primed to suffer more (e.g. with some hypnotic suggestion to kill your loves ones or some similar bullshit).

Now I need to read the fine print at OP's stuff to know what are the odds of the personality/hypnotic stuff pass over (i would think not because in our world nobody can hipnotise you to do anything you would cross any moral barrier)

If that counts in the "healed to be how you entered" stuff, than my only worry is time dilatation, because knowing when the torture will stop (and being a considerably small time) is a major reason I am counting of the terms being acceptable

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Dying in that world means you got off lucky.

I wouldn't go there for a billion dollars.

OP
OP
Raftina

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Now I need to read the fine print at OP's stuff to know what are the odds of the personality/hypnotic stuff pass over (i would think not because in our world nobody can hipnotise you to do anything you would cross any moral barrier)

If that counts in the "healed to be how you entered" stuff, than my only worry is time dilatation, because knowing when the torture will stop (and being a considerably small time) is a major reason I am counting of the terms being acceptable
Only your body is healed. Your mind is what it would be with the 40k experience.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
They say a picture says a thousand words.

99129915053-Do-SInfernal-Enrapturess01.jpg

Yes this man is still alive and has been turned into a harp with his nerves as the harpstrings. And this may be one of the better things to happen to you.

Absolutely not to the question.
That's not Commoragh though that's a Slaneeshi Daemon

So at some level that dude wanted to be turned into a harp

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Only your body is healed. Your mind is what it would be with the 40k experience.

Not worth it, they'd find out your situation, put you in some fucked up time dilation where you keep thinking the 2 weeks is up, get back to the real world, only to find out that it wasn't the real world and they chuck you back into more torture, and they'd do it so many times that by the time the two weeks is actually up, you'd think you're still in the loop and probably end up killing yourself.

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to trust the instincts of everyone who knows this universe and are collectively screaming "hell no."

These sound like the type of people (are they people?) who would find out what you were there for and set up an elaborate mental Groundhog's Day scenario to torture you, where you think you've made it back to our world and repeatedly find out that no you're actually still in hell. That way even once you're really back you'll be too much of a shivering wreck to enjoy your magic money.

Let me put it this way - their behavior was so extreme it birthed one of the Chaos gods (Slaanesh) and ripped a hole into realspace called the Eye of Terror. What you're describing is pretty accurate.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
The Drukhari are some of the most evil beings in fiction. Retaining your memories of their city only means you're guaranteed to lose your mind and end up in a mental asylum for the rest your life. And that's if you return.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
This is probably one of the few world in existence where being powerful can end up being a detriment to you. Your best bet is to lay your head down and hope no one notices. Good luck if you have any semblance of psyker power...

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
I've been learning about warhammer un8verse slowly over the last year, so I didn't fully recognize the planet.

Absolutely not. There is no amount of money you could offer me to spend a single day on a Dark Eldar planet, let alone two weeks.

Senjuro

Oct 10, 2019
This is probably one of the few world in existence where being powerful can end up being a detriment to you. Good luck if you have any semblance of psyker power...
Actually being a psyker might be a boon in this situation. Any psyker in Commorragh poses grave danger to the city. You can bring in daemons or cause a dysjunction. They might quickly kill you just to be safe.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I voted that I'd try it at first because fuck working. But hell no to being turned into living furniture.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
If the last thread is anything to go by, just add "Your memories will be wiped" and half the people up here will gladly sign up to be a human couch.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of people here VASTLY underestimating the unimaginable events they would need to endure for this challenge.

You arn't merely surviving two weeks of torture, you are surviving "two weeks" of non stop endless agony to such a degree you cannot fathom it.

That "two weeks" could easily end up as decades in a time loop, with every aspect of your body and mind being constantly tortured and destroyed, then rebuilt to be tortured and destroyed again.

You would wish for death within minutes, if you had the ability to kill yourself and cancel the challenge, you immediately would, but they wont let you.

When you finally return to earth one of two things will happen. #1 You will IMMEDIATELY kill yourself to free yourself of the experience of what has happened to you. #2 Your mind is fundamentally destroyed and you cannot function as a human being, and effectively end up in a hospital staring blankly at a wall or screaming constantly for the rest of your life.

Either way, you arn't seeing the money.