• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if old, search sucks on mobile

And also I can't embed the tweet?

Link

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And they still use the tweet to say that some people find it helpful, hah.

Nobody likes auto playing trailers.

Oct 30, 2017
"...People say I'm the best boss. They go, "God, we've never worked in a place like this before, you're hilarious, and you get the best out of us."

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
afb.gif

zou

Oct 29, 2017
holy shit, never thought they would listen after years of complaints :o

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
About fucking time. Now If they would just give the option to auto watch credits instead of playing the next episode like 4 seconds after an episode ends.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness. I was having to park in the Settings menu on my Roku just to have some quiet between shows.

It would also just start playing episodes/movies, and if you let it go too long, it would act like you picked it and switch to full Play mode. It's clever on paper, but in reality it was annoying as hell.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
now make it so I can delete shows from the "watching" part. and make it so finished shows actually fuck off from there to. I love you Patriot Act but why are you still in my "watching" section, I've watched all of you, go away until there's new eps.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix has been borderline unusable on my old Roku stick in the bedroom because the autoplay stuff caused the thing to lag and crash.
I'm shocked they finally did it- I figured years ago they would never change it

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This is making me inexplicably more irritated. That we went all this time without this basic function. Arghhh!

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
thank god. I had the Don't F**k with Cats trailer auto play on Netflix and it totally killed the mood of the date night.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Thank god. Now I can spend that time I use browsing stuff more than watching stuff in peace without clutching onto the mute button.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Now they need to add "auto skip opening credits" so we don't have to hit the button ourselves.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Some people find this feature helpful."

Future headline:
"99% of Netflix users have turned autoplay off.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Thank fucking god.

I don't know what I hated more, the autoplaying trailers that played and blasted sound on 98% of the screen where I rested my mouse that you couldn't turn off or the apologists who said they loved that Netflix did this.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Does this also turn off the auto-play trailers that happen at the end of tv shows, interrupting the credits?

EDIT - Actually looks like there are separate settings for both. Will definitely will set this up and see if it's actually working after work.

Last edited:

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Who knew that people liked options?! I think I've forgotten what it was like before they did this but I welcome the change back to the old days.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
autoplaying trailers when i click on something to see what it is? yes. autoplaying trailers when i'm just browsing? no.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
Haha. This has honestly never bothered me. I.... I think I'm somebody who finds it useful I guess.

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Turned it off but they are still playing on the appletv app, unless it takes awhile to start working.

edit - still playing on shield app too

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Great, now let us make channels with shows and remove the 3 hour "are you still watching?" Cap.