If you could have one of these three what will it be?

• A wallet that receives 50USD everyday

Votes: 389 71.9%
  • A cell phone that allows you to talk to the dead for 5 minutes everyday

Votes: 127 23.5%
  • A cursed doll that can piss off 1 person you hate everyday anytime, anywhere

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I'd do the wallet for a dollar a day. What could I possibly get from talking to a dead person? Also if tormenting someone you don't like makes you happy you need to work on yourself.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the doll is being unappreciated. I think if you limit it to people you know personally and have small issues with it would be petty as someone put it.

But…

I feel like you could direct it towards shit-tier "leaders" (business or political) and do your own flavor of activism.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
My recently deceased cat, though he was talkative, doesn't know how to use a phone.

I'll take the money.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I know this forum can be a little financially illiterate but the phone is potentially worth millions or even billions to the right person. Imagine taking US$50 a day instead.

Having no financial literacy is one thing, but the complete lack of imagination and curiosity is somehow even more sad. The phone will prove life after death, the existence of heaven/hell/god and a glutton of other things. It would change the trajectory of human existence. But instead people would rather have and extra 18k a year lol. You could sell the one call per day for literal millions.

Oct 25, 2017
So the choice is between a free minimum wage, or a unique and extremely versatile/useful superpower that won't just transform your life, but society as a whole. Like, that phone is an upgrade to humanity.

And most people pick the free minimum wage? We're in trouble as a species, damn.

We all know once society gets their hands on something it uses it for good. heh

Oct 26, 2017
#1 because I could use that easy passive income right now.
As long as I spend and save strategically, I'll never have to worry about surprise bills ever again.

#2 is just Mr. Harrigan's Phone but if it was a procedural network show.

#3 is just Chucky.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Having no financial literacy is one thing, but the complete lack of imagination and curiosity is somehow even more sad. The phone will prove life after death, the existence of heaven/hell/god and a glutton of other things. It would change the trajectory of human existence. But instead people would rather have and extra 18k a year lol. You could sell the one call per day for literal millions.

More likely you'll be murdered for the phone or sued into oblivion.

15SagittaeB

Feb 12, 2022
Yea, this is easy #1.

I don't even talk to the living, why would I want to talk to the dead? And #3 is just for hateful people. Pissing off some genocidal world leader would be funny for a minute and still not change anything.

Mr. Floyd

Apr 30, 2023
NZ
The ability to talk to the dead would potentially earn you a lot more than $50 a day. Then you could pay someone else to piss off people you hate.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
50 dollars a day is peanuts compared to being able to talk with my grandparents, cousins, etc. again.

My mom would pay way more than 50 USD for 5 minutes of talk with her mom.

More likely you'll be murdered for the phone or sued into oblivion.
Don't start your ghost business in America and chances of either of those things happening basically vanish.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
If I have a wallet that gives me free money every day, all I need to do to piss off other people is tell them that I have one and they don't.

The dead don't have anything to say. They are dead. It's just silence. Or an AI generated voice of whoever you call, which is an impressive tech if you can break it down, patent and replicate it, but otherwise useless.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
1. That's 18250 usd a year which is 24,629.29 CAD, mmeaning I could work less and enjoy life more

2. Probably would end up just being an AI or a pervsion of the natural order and with my inability to be concise it would be a waste, and 5 minutes isn't long enough to make up for anyone being gone so you'd have all the suffering of losing a loved one while having being remindex of their death every day.

3. I have no meaningful enemies that I haven't moved on from

So 1 it is easily

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I thought #2 would win this. Damn should have lessened the amount of money.
No you should have increased #2 to either an hour or 2

Or like unlimited but only on phones. And really ruled lawyered all the details to make it clear it wasn't some potential horror show lurking behind it.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
One could absolutely leverage the ability to speak to the dead for a LOT more than $50/day.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
As tempting as the cursed doll is, pissing off certain elected officials every day might not actually stymie their agenda. I mean, these people have no self-awareness, they're never gonna connect the reason their takeout keeps getting dumped on their head to petty karmic justice for being the fucking worst. I will take the tax-free 40% pay bump.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I ain't talking to the dead. They'd be asking me favours all the time…"Tell Jenny I loved her"…"Delete my browser history". Yeah, go fuck yourself, dead dudes.

Ruddles

Oct 17, 2018
What if all you get from the phone is screaming and gibberish, no matter who you call? Or just silence?

There's a LOT of monkey's paw potential with number two. I'd be nervous about going anywhere near it, what if the first thing you hear is "You'll be joining us tomorrow" …

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
please.gif

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Of course the wallet.

There is nothing after you die, so the you're just bringing back someone only for them to cease to exist again shortly after. It's cruel.

Pissing off someone is nearly useless.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
#2.

#1 is the most guilt free easiest alternative out of the three

#3 is the most petty snd I don't hate that many people though torturing Donald Trump would be great.

#2 I could use to turn way more profit than the other options and solve murders. Without stipulations it seems like the best option.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Take the doll.
Bet on basketball game.
Piss off player during crucial free throw.
Win lots of monies.

Deleted member 106050

Nov 26, 2021
I think the money is the most useful and less complicated to use. Just money that you can use to buy small things here and there, or save up for more expensive things. Saving 10 days a month would pay my rent, and I'd still have 20 days of free money for bills and stuff. It's basically another salary for doing nothing. Or, in my case, it'd be a salary and a half (€1000/month).

The doll is a Death Note Light, so I can see it being extremely useful to weed out bad people from society... but then I would have to wrestle with my own morals and see how much I could push the envelope before compromising my personal set of values. Am I a harrasser? A bully? Even if they deserve it, or at least I think they do? It'd reach a point in which I would be second guessing myself and I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of internal debate.

As for the telephone... do I have to know the person I want to talk to? Say, for example, I wanted to talk to the Zodiac killer to ask him about his real name and motives. Could I do that? That'd be cool, but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly. I could charge people for using the phone to talk to their family and friends... but that'd be extremely slimy on my part.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So the choice is between a free minimum wage, or a unique and extremely versatile/useful superpower that won't just transform your life, but society as a whole. Like, that phone is an upgrade to humanity.

And most people pick the free minimum wage? We're in trouble as a species, damn.
The phone'll be dropped in a toilet or down a gutter or on the floor and cracked or broken within days for most people lol.

"Oh no, I left my contact the dead phone in the Uber!"

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The phone'll be dropped in a toilet or down a gutter or on the floor and cracked or broken within days for most people lol.

"Oh no, I left my contact the dead phone in the Uber!"
I would hope most people would treat a priceless object a bit better lol. What you're saying has never happened to me though, soooo.

18k/year vs a priceless object of potentially unlimited value is not a hard decision for me though either. Even from a strict monetary value. There are a lot of dead people with information you could monetize for much more than 18k/year.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Let's see….

Money isn't everything

The phone is great because it will let me talk to departed ones

The cursed doll is not needed, people are always pissed off when I am successful and/or happy so this choice is useless.

I voted the phone - the revelation of being able to talk to a departed one is an experience that would be so comforting.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Legitimately the cursed doll. And I would ask that people refer to me as the Dollmaster

pioneer

May 31, 2022
It would be very difficult to do that with 5min/day though, it'd probably take you years of 5 minute calls to convince a pirate to tell you where the buried treasure is

I'm imaging selling my 5 minutes per day to the highest bidder. This is sad, but I'm sure people would pay a ton to be able to talk to their deceased parents, spouses, etc.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, #1 gives me money daily and that would be incredibly helpful...but I just can't pass up the deal with the cursed doll.

Can the doll switch people daily or will they be locked into one person for the rest of their lives?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The wallet is the most immediately practical but you could do some wild shit with that phone

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly #2. You can solve mysteries, finish unfinished art/music, rent it out for whatever you want per day, etc...

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
The wallet is interesting but who knows how the economy will be in the next years...the cellphone I can talk to some nice dudes I can't talk anymore plus if I can talk to ANY dead person that could be monetized...