• Game of Thrones Season 8

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Game of Thrones easily.

I already read Infinity Gauntlet, which is close enough.

Meanwhile, still waiting for Winds of Winter. I need some closure.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Game of Thrones for me. But i'll watch both.
Not sure why there are so many unrealistic "what if..?" or "you have to choose" topics. Isn't reality exciting enough for you people? It should be.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Game of Thrones.

When it comes to the Avengers, I'm more fascinated in the concept of a shared world of movies that lead to a major crossover than I am interested in them as individual movies.
Rarely do I enjoy Marvel movies on their own merits, while I do enjoy GOT as a whole, despite the earlier seasons failing to give enough screen time to each character.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
After I finished reading Feast for Crows like 10 years ago I realized I don't actually care what happens.

Marvel Movies are the one thing my dad and I can agree to watch in the theaters.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit of a weird one because I thought, "I can just read the books" as a far as Game of Thrones is concerned, then realized that "I've already read the books" as far as Avengers is concerned.

Still, Avengers.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones. It'll actually end there, so I'd want to see that after so many years watching.

Endgame will be cool and all but I'm sure for the most part most heroes will survive and most things will go back to normal. Whatever doesn't will have to be well explained in the next movies anyway, so it's not like I'd need to miss out on Black Panther 2 or whatever because of it.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I'm still picking Game of thrones personally. Was never a big fan of superhero lore and nothing I've seen has ever swayed that opinion in the slightest

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I knew I made the right choice, but I still wasn't prepared...

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame, easy. I have never been interested in watching GoT, for a variety of reasons.
Edit: Ohhh, it was an old thread bump. I should read timestamps more.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
I was emotional multiple times during Endgame. 8 years with these GOT characters.. I didn't feel a thing with how their stories ended.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's wild how much can change in a few weeks.
I voted for Endgame and it wasn't even a contest, and then I didn't watch it.
Ok, that's not quite true. I watched about a minute of it on YouTube, and that minute was pure WTF.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between just Season 8 and Endgame? Easiest choice I've ever made, it's Endgame. 8 years with the characters of GoT and the ending felt hollow as hell.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I'm going to rewatch Endgame numerous times, and I've already seen it over 3 times in theaters

I've watched every episode of this show, liked most of the series, loved a decent amount of it, and even despite that, after these last 4 episodes, I know I'll never ever have it in me to give a single second of it another chance or another viewing. And I don't have the heart or the conscience of mind to recommend it to anybody

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No option for neither ?

I guess since I watched endgame I would have to vote for that. No plans to watch GoT. Endgame was bad.

TAJ which minute of Endgame did you watch?

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao imagine choosing to miss out on Endgame only to suffer through S8 of GoT. Truly the darkest timeline.

Oct 31, 2017
🤣 Why am I just seeing this thread now? Anyway I would have voted Endgame. GOT ending is the most disappointing end I've ever witnessed as far as cinematic storytelling goes, what a shit show. Rushed and unfulfilling. I spent years watching every single episode and now that it's over I don't feel a thing for any of the characters or how it ended. You know things are bad when you start laughing at the conclusion instead of crying or being happy. Endgame almost had me in tears even though I wasn't too happy with the way they handled Thor and Hulk. Endgame was way more satisfying to watch than the Game of Thrones Finale IMO.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The vast majority of people would thankfully.

Not thankfully. It means we are gonna get more movies like that over and over and over again, and even worse other studios are gonna copy it and do it worse (see DC and their aborted universe or the people clamoring in every pikachu thread about a Pokémon or Nintendo Cinematic Universe) :/

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not thankfully. It means we are gonna get more movies like that over and over and over again, and even worse other studios are gonna copy it and do it worse (see DC and their aborted universe or the people clamoring in every pikachu thread about a Pokémon or Nintendo Cinematic Universe) :/

It's literally impossible to get movies like Avengers Endgame over and over again. It's the culmination of a decade long journey. Maybe we'll get one every once in a while but you can't just say "lets make a movie like Endgame guys".

I keep playing myself

Worst villain I've ever seen btw. And I've see Damien Darhk. He makes Damien Darhk look like Kingpin.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's literally impossible to get movies like Avengers Endgame over and over again. It's the culmination of a decade long journey. Maybe we'll get one every once in a while but you can't just say "lets make a movie like Endgame guys".

Worst villain I've ever seen btw. And I've see Damien Darhk. He makes Damien Darhk look like Kingpin.

I guess I missed something but they've made like 4 avengers plus I think 2 captain America movies that were basically avengers movies also. Pretty sure they've been making movies like that for awhile now. And DC tried. For them you are right, it is literally impossible because they have no idea what they are doing.

Anyway I just want a good 2 hour long movie that is self contained. I'll take something like Batman Begins over a 3 hour culmination of a a decade of middling films any day of the week. I know I'm clearly in a minority position here though.