• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

will you just drop something?

• no it is MINE

Votes: 156 46.4%
  • only if you drop that attitude

Votes: 59 17.6%
  • i travel light i'd be dropping my clothes (you pervert)

Votes: 32 9.5%
  • *shots the OP to grab their stuff

Votes: 89 26.5%

• Total voters

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
I want a game that handles encumbrance in a decently realistic way, to the point that you rarely loot anything. You know how in The Witcher show Geralt has his bag of gear he takes to jobs? I want that. He has potions and tools and his two swords and it's awesome.

Also I want more games to be like Conan the Barbarian, where he falls down a random hole in the ground and finds a SICK sword and that's now his weapon. He doesn't pick up a million weapons and look at stats all day.

ALSO! I thought it was super cool how in Diablo 3 you had artisens that followed you from camp to camp... like you had a team that was suppose to handle your gear and in return maybe they got to some spoils from your dungeoning. I always thought it would be cool if instead of looting as you go you manage a crew of scavangers that clean out vaults and dungeons you cleared of enemies.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. I'm enabling console and removing the encumbrance entirely. Ain't putting up with that shit.

Ry.

AVALANCHE
Oct 10, 2021
the planet Zebes
I've always thought the encumbered state is just a dumb thing to put in a videogame. It's just not fun all around, and I'm already holding more shit than I could fit in a 2 bedroom apartment, but this one extra item slows me to a crawl? Doesn't even make sense when it is used.

Oct 27, 2017
I went through a phase of collecting skulls in Skyrim just so I could pile them all in my house in Whiterun, "Come on in, don't mind the skulls" as Lydia wades through them and the frame rate tanks into single digits. I had so many skulls and spent much of my time encumbered with bones.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
What if you need it later huh? All the trash withered sticks i saved in dragon's dogma 2 turned into the best money making and possibly even game breaking item in the game. Boy was I glad I kept them all

Feb 24, 2018
player.setav carryweight 99999
On console put one of the first mods I used was increasing carryweight because I got sick of it, same with Skyrim.

While it can work in some games like horror games where it adds to the tension, I don't find it fun in Bethesda games that encourages it, especially 4 if you're building up a settlement and need materials. It's why I feel their should be easier ways in those games to send junk or picked items to a settlement, like making Dogmeat a second companion that can be ordered to take stuff back to a chosen settlement.

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
Sort by weight, and throw out the least valuable heavy thing I'm carrying.

Or, for New Vegas, jury rig all the expensive stuff with rags and broken guns.

Last edited:

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I detest this feature in any game that gives you tons and tons of crap/loot throughout the game. Nothing but annoyance.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
That's what Buffout is for.

(Or, in 76, the smoked mirelurk fillets that my mirelurk steamer endlessly pumps out.)

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I unload it all to my pawns, then proceeds to pick up all the remaining herbs and branches in the vicinity.

Also I must have at least 5 of each sort of medicine on me at all times. And every type of ring, you never know.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how Fallout works. Can I dump all this stuff into a larger storage box, RE-style? Because that's fine, I'll do that, and it can stay there forever.

Because no, I'm not dropping shit in some random spot. Not unless I can be sure I can come back and get it in short order.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Wretched mechanic. Haven't encountered it in too many games, but any inventory management stuff is a total, immersion-breaking nuisance to me.