• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
You came across the full Infinity Gauntlet and have the ability to remove anything from existence.

Which game/franchise/studio do you eliminate from existence (as in remove every iteration of it and every mention/every social impact it ever had/every technological impact it ever had from all reality)?

Personal Choice: PUBG
59e60aeaae653a34fe0e9633

Reason: It spawned a whole new wave of toxicity among players and popularized the Battle Royale format, which is great up until everyone milks the format to the ground. The universe is a better place without it.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
None. Every game deserves to exist. I wouldn't delete people's hard work just because of petty reasons. Even if the game is complete garbage.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None. Even if I don't like some games/franchises, they deserve to exist because other people enjoy them.

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
Need for Speed

Without it, Road Rash would be EA's primary driving franchise with many sequels, and they already would have made more Burnouts. I bet Criterion would be whole and in a much better spot as well.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
None. That would just be petty.

I might remove the word "toxic" from gamers' vocabularies though.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reason: It spawned a whole new wave of toxicity among players and popularized the Battle Royale format, which is great up until everyone milks the format to the ground. The universe is a better place without it.
What the fuck am I reading. Just don't play these games then? Seems easy.
And removing it from existence won't fix toxicity among players. You should do something about that with your Infinity Gauntlet and let people enjoy things you don't.

Dec 11, 2017
That's the mindset which leads to the ignorance of our software legacy. So many titles for antique platforms were lost because they were not considered "important enough."

And I should not be saying that wanting entire studios to disappear is a shitty attitude from the viewpoint of a developer — a person with a rent to pay and ambitions to realise.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So you want to remove games franchises that others love, purely because you dont like them?

Ok.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'd erase Lawbreakers, just so Cliffy B doesn't have to be attached to that embarrassment any longer.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
what's the infinity gauntlet?

Edit: looks like a comic book thing, neato

I don't have a pick, nevermind

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
You came across the full Infinity Gauntlet and have the ability to remove anything from existence.

Which game/franchise/studio do you eliminate from existence (as in remove every iteration of it and every mention/every social impact it ever had/every technological impact it ever had from all reality)?

59e60aeaae653a34fe0e9633

So you would remove a game a TON of people love just because you don't like it? That's actually pretty selfish of you.

Oct 27, 2017
God Of War
Fortnite
Persona
PuberG

And of course, final fantasy and cod, the classics

Edit: you know what? Fuck zelda, its out

Edit: get that pink fuck Kirby outta there to

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls, so everything stops being called "the Dark Souls of X".

Or, you know, none, because even if I don't find enjoyment in something, it doesn't mean that others can't.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

59e60aeaae653a34fe0e9633

Well, you already posted my choice, so.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably that ET game, since it was a waste and a whole bunch of copies of them were in landfill somewhere.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Whichever game popularized the practice of deliberately inserting things that are not fun into your game, such as long waits or grinds, purely so that you can offer microtransactions to avoid them.

I'd like to remove that practice, but not everything associated with the series that had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.