When you see the TMNT, what springs to mind first?

• The Comics (Mirage/Archie/Image/IDW)

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • The Shows (87/OVA/Next Mutation/03/12/Rise)

Votes: 280 68.6%
  • The Movies (1-3, Legendary, Bayverse,)

Votes: 56 13.7%
  • The Video games (Turtles in time, Tournament Fighters, etc...)

Votes: 30 7.4%
  • The Merch (Figures, playsets, Food tie ins, whatever)

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • ...the stage shows? (Coming out of our shells)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 1.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Merch... Namely Playmates. And now Neca. An entire corner of my room turned into Super7, Playmates and Neca shit.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
The IDW comics, though that may have more to do with me currently blazing through them before Vol. 15 comes out.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of a tossup for me between the 1980s cartoon, 1990s films, and the Playmates action figures (had dozens from the 1988-1991 lines).

I did read one or two TMNT graphic novels compiling the original comics as a kid but they weren't particularly impactful for me.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
My best friends older brother introduced them to us in 1985 when I was 11. I was instantly hooked and in fact they were my direct introduction to "independent" comic books.

I only have the third printing of Issue #1, but I was able to procure the first printing of all of the rest of the initial comics from 2-23. I have gotten rid of / lost many comics over the years, but I have always held on to them. On that latter part in particular, I was in between moving from my apartment to my house so a lot of my stuff was stored in my parents basement. Hurricane Irene tore through New Jersey and my area got hit HARD. My parents basement flooded over 3.5 feet the day after when high tide rolled in. At least 50% of my comics were destroyed (along with vinyl and ALL of my artwork).

Luckily the comic box that contained my TMNT comics just happened to be put on a higher shelf so they were indeed saved from being completely damaged by the flooding. They are currently in my basement on the highest shelf possible.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Its funny that even though my introduction to the TMNT franchise was the SNES version of Turtles in Time, I still think of the TV shows and movies first before the games. Even funnier that it was the only piece of TMNT media I consumed constanly even though I had TMNT toys and such until the 03' Turtles came around.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Nowadays? First thing that comes to mind:

bb9fee99_d8e6_4e8a_91e4_aa424c97b14a.png

0c7f48eb528ea7e803cd54441c7635f82d-06-tmnt.rsquare.w700.jpg

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-10-007.jpg

Fun times all around when it comes to the original Mirage Comics run of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
This is it. I would run to the comic store and buy these and devour them in the cafeteria in high school. Those moments are burned into my mind.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
The shows, particularly that one shot in the intro at the very start where the screen is black until it's cut by one of Leonardo's swords.

Was a very striking moment of animation for me.

Bengraven