nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I have it on my cooler, which is really pretty, and I have one included strip, which can also be set subtly. I love that. But beyond it, I don't want anymore.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I leave my Razer stuff on spectrum cycling when I don't have a game preset made. It's not super distracting but still looks nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Now we need standardized RGB for reactions to gameplay. Whenever I play Apex Legends my Razer keyboard reacts to what is happening in game, but my non-Razer mouse does not.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I must be tired. I read this as you somehow got Ruth Bader Ginsburg running on your computer so imagine my confusion lol
Actually, now reading it again, I still don't get it. What is RGB on a monitor and do I need it?!

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I hate it. Not so much because I find it distracting, but because I just don't see the point of it. It has also made finding any decent case without RBG out the ass and a window to show off your fancy hardware a pain in the ass. I just want a nice big plain black pc case dammit.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I hate it. Not so much because I find it distracting, but because I just don't see the point of it. It has also made finding any decent case without RBG out the ass and a window to show off your fancy hardware a pain in the ass. I just want a nice big plain black pc case dammit.

There are a ton of those though. Unless there's some specific feature you need that isn't on the generic black models then you can find a plain black case no problem

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Until the first picture, I thought this was about RGB cables! Niche language.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
i think it's nice if you use it as accent lighting and not go overboard with it

but i recently got keycaps that let the leds shine through and i ashamed at how much i dig it

Oct 25, 2017
muHW8wd.jpg

I only really like RGB on my tower. But I do kinda love it i can't tell you why other than I love the look.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
There are a ton of those though. Unless there's some specific feature you need that isn't on the generic black models then you can find a plain black case no problem

Cool. I will redouble my efforts when the time comes because all the towers people kept recommending were RBG out the ass with big ass windows. It made me lose hope that I could get a tower that wouldn't light up my room like motherfucking Christmas.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I will redouble my efforts when the time comes because all the towers people kept recommending were RBG out the ass with big ass windows. It made me lose hope that I could get a tower that wouldn't light up my room like motherfucking Christmas.

I'd just check the manufacturer's website. NZXT, Cooler Master, and especially Silverstone have plain cases. Also if you so end up having to settle for an RGB case just look for one that lets you turn it off.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Got lights for the back of my monitors, my 50" TV, for a lamp in my room, just got a big mousepad with them...

...and someday I'll get around to actually putting them up and looking at all the pretty lights. :p

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Tekniqs

Oct 26, 2017
turned off all rgb lights on my pc and uninstalled the apps to control them lol. too distracting. i do like those set ups where their desk ambient light matches up with their pc. those look pretty nice.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Got lights for the back of my monitors, my 50" TV, for a lamp in my room, just got a big mousepad with them...

...and someday I'll get around to actually putting them up and looking at all the pretty lights. :p
you should get to it soon. light strips behind your monitor/tv really improves the experience imo.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
muHW8wd.jpg

I only really like RGB on my tower. But I do kinda love it i can't tell you why other than I love the look.

You cant even see the tower?

Slayven you talk about RGB PC but post no pictures?
What nonsense is this!

P.S I hate RGB, but even ill admit seeming a well put together RGB system looks cool.....just not for me.
Kinda like when you see a really nice gold and diamond whatever, and you can understand that it looks cool......but you know its not for you.

P.P.S The Lit cables you are talking about are strimers.....again they look cool but seriously.
DxkiRvq.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Fractal Design and be Quiet! have various models for you. All their cases have the option for a metal side panel.

I'm surprised they were never recommend before. They are among the most popular brands.

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone identify what case and lighting is Dinesh using at 23s of this clip?
www.youtube.com

Silicon Valley: Gilfoyle Made A Bot (Season 6 Episode 1 Clip) | HBO

He's been messing with it all day and has no idea it's an AI. New episodes of Silicon Valley air Sundays at 10PM on HBO. #HBO #SiliconValleyHBOSubscribe to H...

As gaudy as this stuff is, the fun factor can't be denied.

OMG!
It's a Maingear custom chassis for their water cooled prebuild PCs. Possibly the F131. Chassis is made by them, don't know who makes the distro plate, but you can buy similar ones from EKWB.

It may be Maingear product placement, even the chair.

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a new case with RGB (Phanteks Eclipse P400A) but unfortunately I can't use it yet because the PC parts I want for my new build have been OOS for a while now. Can't wait to get a nice aurora borealis setup though.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I loathe LED PC lighting, disable that nonsense on my 'gamer' keyboard and mouse too.

That said I'm a Phillips Hue fanboy including the hue play kit behind the TV for my PC gaming sessions lol but that's totally different. Like totally.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Couple of years ago I put rainbow mode on as many things in my bedroom that had it available. I of course do not use any of the lighting this way but I wanted to see how horrifying it'd be and

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Lights are pretty. I have a string of warm-white fairy lights over the window my desk sits below. At the back of the room, I have a colour cycling RGB strip running around the back outside edges of my DVD shelves. My keyboard does the whole rainbow-cycle thing, and there's a few more RGB lights twinkling through the vents in my PC case. I have a nice lamp beside the TV with a warm orangey bulb.

None of it has anything to do with gamer cred or following trends or whatever. Lights are just pretty.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
As somebody that sleeps in the same room that my computer is located in I have no interest at all in RGB. Even if it could all be easily turned off through software it would still be nothing but a hassle.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
It's a Maingear custom chassis for their water cooled prebuild PCs. Possibly the F131. Chassis is made by them, don't know who makes the distro plate, but you can buy similar ones from EKWB.

It may be Maingear product placement, even the chair.
Wow, thanks! That all sounds correct now that I look at some videos for the parts you mentioned. Awesome looking, and predictably expensive.

Last edited:

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like pretty lights. I like LED stuff in my PC too.

I remember my Grandpa thinking red power buttons on AV equipment was a big deal way back when I was little. I sometimes wonder what he would've thought of my LED lit tower, keyboard and mouse. lol

I need some LED speakers and monitor. 🤔

Couple of years ago I put rainbow mode on as many things in my bedroom that had it available. I of course do not use any of the lighting this way but I wanted to see how horrifying it'd be and

Holy shit! I can't tell if I'm horrified or impressed. If you could sync it up with music that could be fun as hell with some ppl.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan. It's distracting.

I have a Logitech mouse that has a giant light-up 'G' on it that cycles through different colours by default. The only way to turn off the light is by installing Logitech's software. That's super lame. And when the PC is off, any slight vibration will wake the mouse up and it'll do its disco light thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I admit to being horribly boring. The only light emanating from my desktop is some white branding on my EVGA GPU and a red light on my motherboard I'm too lazy to figure out how to disable.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Fractal Design and be Quiet! have various models for you. All their cases have the option for a metal side panel.

I'm surprised they were never recommend before. They are among the most popular brands.

Thanks man. I have no idea how those went under my radar. I will do a more thorough comparison later this year when I start buying parts but some of their cases look to be exactly what I was looking for.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My current PC has it (prebuilt iBuyPower rig that I added a second SSD to, a GTX 1080, some more DDR4 RAM). I can change the color with a remote or set it change at intervals. The novelty wore off after a week. Pretty cool I guess, I don't actively like or dislike it really. It's just kind of there.

Edit: it actually came with the 1080, forgot

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I really like the 'echo press' function on logitech keyboards. Cant find a video but the keys change color when you press them, then slowly change back to the original color, going through all the gradients in between the colors you picked.