Would you rather read an article or watch a video?

• I'd rather look it up in an article/website

Votes: 170 83.7%
  • I'd rather watch a video on Youtube

Votes: 33 16.3%

• Total voters

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'd MUCH rather read a guide, unless it's for a task that I really know nothing about. They're easier to search to find what I'm looking for, and most instructional videos on Youtube (especially gaming-related ones) tend to clutter up their own instructions with them acting "funny" or "kooky" to get clicks, or to pad their own runtime. It amounts to noise that gets in the way of the actual instructions, and I fucking hate how Youtube content creation seems to encourage this sort of thing.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
For house maintenance stuff I tend to look at videos, but the ads are killing me when I need to browse and find a relevant video.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Video. They helped me build my first PC back in 2011. I've been able to fix a few car issues and plumbing as well.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on what it is.
If it requires working with my hands it's YouTube. Besides cooking I like having a written recipe.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I used to say "Read an article" but increasingly as software interfaces feel like they change every six months I'd rather click through a video just so I can see exactly where the goddamn button that I'm supposed to see is actually located