• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eh?

• Oh boy! I love getting notifications!

Votes: 94 11.6%
  • Oh shit! What did I do?

Votes: 662 81.5%
  • Orange Cassidy

Votes: 56 6.9%

• Total voters

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I couldn't keep my mouth shut when I should have ignored someone's comment that

a) made excuses for a AAA video game company's abusive practices
b) minimized the homophobia, racism, transphobia, sexual abuse or enablement of these when it comes to a singer, actor or politician that they like
c) trolled the MCU threads to tell the people that enjoy any of them that they have bad taste and "don't understand real cinema" like they always do, which literally doesn't matter and shouldn't bother me at all.

So when I see a notification, it's usually a retort and it's usually my own fault because I still don't know when to ignore shitposts. Even when the thing I'm arguing about it doesn't matter.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
some mornings sifting through notifications is like The Hangover

"why are they telling me... oh, beecause i posted that... and that, and... oh god

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if my post is against the general opinion of the thread, I usually wont even go back in the thread.

If my post is in a hot topic, I may go back once or twice until I see certain general posts or replies to me that tell me its time to nope out the thread.

Between the time next gen consoles were rumored to now...its taught me some things are not worth even trying to discuss with some ppl.

Same for Covid related topics. I just say my peace and bounce. Or I make sure to go to the last post if some days passed, so I dont even have to see if someone replied to me.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I never do cause I never say anything worth while unfortunately. Even when I try to get some discussion going.

I think the one time i did, I said something dumb cause I mistakenly remember something and got jumped on. I hated it.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
"oh what fresh hell is this"

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Huh

I guess my CLEARLY correct opinions triggered a bunch of angry teenagers 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
"oops, looks like I stepped one inch too far from the arbritrary defined consensus line on this forum"

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
There is definitely a strain of competitive posters who look to engage only in the most indignant, argumentative way possible. If you walk into that, good luck.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. I dunno, just means threads that I frequent have been updated or someone's replied to me. Which is kinda the point of the notification so I enjoy it I guess?
Had like 15 just 5 minutes ago.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This happened when I made a dumb post about Nobuo Uematsu. It was like 18 notifications.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
"I wonder what I got banned for this time"

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I posted my antivax white power manifesto instead of my personal review of Shang-Chi, didn't I?

Fuck, not again.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Probably banned, as usual.

Some people really get triggered about the smallest things, sometimes if your opinion doesn't echo the general sentiment in the thread you can get easily quoted a lot and then reported.

It is what it is...

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
If I have 7 or 8 notifications that someone quoted my post, it's either a bunch of people agreeing with me, a bunch of people disagreeing with me, or I didn't word my post well.

It's always a toss up.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One time i made a super joke and got some notifications, soon after i got banned for that same joke.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
That has happen on multiple occasions for me. It's usually because people are upset about something I've posted. Most of the times it's because of English being my second language. ERA is brutal and never give the benefit of the doubt lol.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Damn people really hate it here it looks like.

Imagine being scared of your post on a fucking forum

Yeah, because there are so many false-progressive nut jobs that bash you for having 2021-dissenting opinions. If you don't meet their "Liberal" checklist, you're f-ed. Have you _seen_ any religious/cultural threads?

Quote me, fools!