• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
images

Created due to popular demand, the official spinoff of The Big Bang Theory.

It airs Thursdays at 8:30/7:30c on CBS.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Cute show with some surprisingly tender moments. All of the kids are great here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is nice that Sheldon thanked his sister. The relationship of the twins is so underutilized in The Big Bang Theory but it is one of the emotional hearts in Young Sheldon. Too bad a lot of people seem turned off from it because of The Big Bang Theory.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It is nice that Sheldon thanked his sister. The relationship of the twins is so underutilized in The Big Bang Theory but it is one of the emotional hearts in Young Sheldon. Too bad a lot of people seem turned off from it because of The Big Bang Theory.
I don't really watch the show, but I do catch it every now and then. It's pretty decent and completely different from BBT. I honestly think the show would be decently received on ERA if they gave it a chance.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I like the show. It's well written with a good group of characters. It's normally really difficult to cast kids but they got it right on this show.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So they are finally working to the big moment. And you know, George Sr was kind of right.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like the big retcon. In the end, he didn't do much wrong unless you believe flirting a bit is somewhat of a cardinal sin. The George - Missy relationship remains the emotional heart of the show.

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Been watching this on HBO Max and it is really good. Perfectly cast characters and the writing is great. Young Sheldon is much funnier than old Sheldon. Era should give this show a chance. I think most would legit like it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, that's still not a retcon. It took Sheldon's wedding for him to realize things weren't good at home after his father died.
Big Bang always painted a very black / white picture of everything. Young Sheldon is painting a grey layer over it. Like his dad being a raging alcoholic, the amount of bullying he experienced, Meemaw is a completely different character.

Nah, that's still not a retcon. It took Sheldon's wedding for him to realize things weren't good at home after his father died.
No, it's absolutely a retcon, and the Big Bang episode is also a retcon that was done in conjunction with Young Sheldon wanting to massively soften the Cooper family history so that it could be the basis for a show people would want to watch.

Big Bang always painted a very black / white picture of everything. Young Sheldon is painting a grey layer over it. Like his dad being a raging alcoholic, the amount of bullying he experienced, Meemaw is a completely different character.
His mom is also completely different. The BBT original was just a punchline for jokes about how bigoted she was.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
His mom is also completely different. The BBT original was just a punchline for jokes about how bigoted she was.
That one I could at least still reasonably see happening with her husband dying. But even then, there is no inch of 'Texas' in her while Big Bang always describes her as part hardcore Christian, part pure Texan.