Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Aight weebs get in here it's time to talk about are dream anime games and what studio we would want working on them. Now this is all make believe so make them as unrealistic as possible. Naughty dog making a cowboy bepop game would make my shit shit itself but they've allready discussed interest in that project so if that's your big then go into depth on why. I want this thread to be a discussion about why the studio you pick would be right for the anime IP.

Attack on Titan done by insomniac

This in my honest opinion is the only team that would knock attack on titan out of the park. The swinging is some of the best parts from the spider man games and making a whole game around swinging from building to building would be incredible by them! Just imagine zooming through building to finally launch yourself super high and attack that titan! Then they make fantastic hand to hand combat so I wouldn't be worried about the titan gameplay either. Just make it more weighty then there use to but I think it would be a fun challenge for them to tackle.

Lastly Spider-Man showed how good of a story insomniac can make. The first game is in my opinion the single best story of spiderman told period. It had emotional moments that hit like a rock... The arcs the characters went trough were incredible. They would easily do attack on titan justice and in my opinion probably make a lot of the characters more likable then they are in the anime. They can at least give them more depth then just a girl who eats a lot 😂

Anyway I'm watching attack for the first time and im loving it. It got me thinking who would make a great attack game and insomniac stood right out becuase of the swinging in spiderman! It's a match made in heaven!!

So what anime+team combo would you like to see? Don't just list the developer and IP, discuss why they would be such a good fit. Anyway thanks for reading and I hope all y'all are having a wonderful day 🙂

My second great idea:
O shit I came up with a brilliant idea!!

Mob psycho 100 done by the persona team. They would have to make an action game for the fighting section which is out of there wheelhouse but a fun challenge that the team would overcome. Where they would really shine would be the school aspect. As mob you have to build your social links with the workout club, your brother, rytsu (boss man), and the blond haired kid, plus many more. You get to see mob grow as a person and the social links could effect the combat. The less social links the more you fight angerly and lonely like the esper in season 2. With a bunch of social links you have Mob at 100% courage and will. This will change the ending and fit extremely well with the world and the story of the anime. Fuck I want this now!!

Last edited:

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Genshin Impact for me is pretty close to what I want tbh. So Mihoyo doing that for One Piece would be my pick.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar's Cowboy Bebop. I know you said not to just list them but I mean... what more do I have to say.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Cowboy Bebop by Naughty Dog as a wide-linear, planet hopping space western. If anyone could do the writing in CB justice by melding it to gameplay it is them.
Rockstar's Cowboy Bebop. I know you said not to just list them but I mean... what more do I have to say.
That would be a good fit too but only if Dan Houser was writing it and it's not open world I think.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Insomniac would be better suited if paired with My Hero Academia given their current superhero games and they did a good job with web slinging traversal, so I'd trust them with other superpower traversal.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Made in Abyss RPG or Action/Adventure where you actually climb down and visit all the regions.
I mean look at this map. That would be so freaking awesome

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Super high budget Hunter X Hunter adventure/RPG game.
Not sure by who... some big Japanese company like Square Enix

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Sailor Moon character action game or a Warriors/Musou-style game.

Platinum Games or Team Ninja.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
FromSoftware Berserk game is the easy choice, but Dark Souls is pretty much already that.

EDIT: Capcom Hellsing game - DMC style.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Well you've taken AOT. I'd love a Death Note game done by Quantic Dream or their style of game.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Rockstar or Naughty Dog cowboy bebop.

From soft or Team Ninja Berserk.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Smash+Jump=Millions of dollars

I have no fucking idea why they haven't done it yet. Doesn't even need to be smash styled. Could be a FighterZ style too. It would sell millions of copies easily.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
A classic BioWare-eque Naruto RPG with a brand new create-able protag. That's always been my dream, as much as I rag on the anime and manga I love the world of Naruto I would kill for that.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk what I'm looking at here but I'm down for that! An action RPG where you traverse deeper and deeper underground sounds extremely rad!
Watch the Anime. It's really good. It's like everything you want in Fantasy and it get's really dark. Every new regions look totally different (kinda like the regions in Xenoblade games) and are more and more deadlier while the deeper you go, the more "something" is straining on your body

Feb 15, 2019
AAA Shounen Jump (+ other popular guest characters from other publications) 2D fighting game developed by French Bread in collaboration with Arcsystemworks for the visuals with all the bells and whistles including tons of single player stuff for people to jump into, crossplay and rollback and a long term support plan that is also popular and doesn't turn into a Discord fighter after 3 months.

So basically I won't ever get this.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The attack on titan game that we got is actually surprisingly good, though it is a bit arcadey and isn't really like an AAA western game.

I'm still waiting for my arc sys jojo fighter

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Boy or Ebichu

I would love to see 90s comedy anime in game form TBH, but I know these anime's have a certain fan type plus not wide appeal.

Either that or Space Brothers would be really interesting conceptually.

OP
OP
Thewonandonly

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Smash+Jump=Millions of dollars

I have no fucking idea why they haven't done it yet. Doesn't even need to be smash styled. Could be a FighterZ style too. It would sell millions of copies easily.
This is like the easiest win in gaming history and yet it hasn't happened... We got the shitty jump force but even that had an insane amount of hype behind it when announced. A good smash clone using jump characters would sell absolute gangbusters!! Just a slam dunk by all means yet namco hasn't done it... Which makes less sense and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they help make smash bro's? So they have the template down

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Shonen Stuff like Naruto, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter etc should all get the Arc System Works treatment.

OP
OP
Thewonandonly

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Watch the Anime. It's really good. It's like everything you want in Fantasy and it get's really dark. Every new regions look totally different (kinda like the regions in Xenoblade games) and are more and more deadlier while the deeper you go, the more "something" is straining on your body
That sounds amazing and right up my ally I'm in!!!!

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Cowboy Bebop and it's a collab between 2010-era Bioware and CyberConnect2. Former handles game design/mission structure/world design while the latter handles the art. Semi-open galaxy game, traveling around collecting bounties and shit.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't watched much anime so my list will be limited, but: Berserk, by FROM or Capcom, and City Hunter by Rockstar.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
An actual Sword Art Online MMO with thousands of unique skills that have hidden requirements. Start with 10 floors and add another 10 with each expansion.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
*Missed the anime part haha!

I don't have any specific IP in mind but I'd love a slower RPG over the more bombastic action games that typically release in this space.

Mar 11, 2019
Claymore by FromSoftware (RPG lore heavy world with dark grim pieces 18+) with an alternative story based on some of the many major background characters. Supported by Sony Santa Monica Studio and Japan studio.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Battle Angel/Gunnm action game, spanning the entirety of the comic, made by Platinum
Ranma 1/2 fighting game by ASW
Devil Hunter Yoko action RPG by Platinum or Team Ninja (basically just give me Nioh)

YaCvAr

Oct 29, 2017
Ghost in the Shell made by Kojima Productions in MGS 1 style. or Cowboy Bebop by BioWare in Mass Effect style.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I know bungie aren't the same as they once were, but I still think I would choose them to helm a shooter based on

Though.... I think my actual vote may be for an Obsidian Entertainment game for

Ghost in the Shell made by Kojima Productions
This one would just make me sad because I've yet to find a Kojima game I actually enjoy lol.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Hyouryuu Kyoushitsu (The Drifting Classroom) by Level-5. I want a horror multi-party RPG based on this.

PLUTO by Grasshopper. I like the idea of No More Hero's style fights combined with The Silver Case detective VN framework.

Yamikin Ushijima-kun by Sega/Ryu Ga Kotoku Studio; the story could almost fit into the Yakuza universe as a standalone expansion.

Himizu or Shigatera or really any Furuya Minoru work, developed by Simogo; they have a knack for innovative storytelling utilizing different genres or mechanics, and I think that could strongly support the stories Furuya creates.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Non linear Pokemon game with all of the Pokemon, difficulty settings, weather/day/night/seasonal events.