• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Respawn nails the landing, I think Fallen Order will be one of my favorite games of the generation.

Also, I still want a lightsaber fighting game, maybe similar to something like For Honor.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
We will never get a competitive 3rd person shooter as good as Unreal Championship 2.

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I want an anime fantasy game, in the vein of Ghibli films or Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo, made by From Software, directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. Could even be a Ghibli X From Software collaboration.

A bunch of beautiful vistas, expressive characters, likely a young female protagonist going on an adventure, and weird shit like this:

lO7ikuG.jpg

This is 100% my dream game, followed by a From Software and Tsutomu Nihei collaboration, and a Karas videogame adaptation.

The only one with any chance of happening is probably From X Nihei.

bFOhFvL.gif

Does not open from this side.

This new game looks good: https://www.gamersyde.com/video_baldo_trailer-43657_en.html

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never get that Ninja Scrolls cell-shaded open world action game. I mean, Sekiro is pretty close, what with the morbid ass bosses and era.

Why did you even have to create something so awesome, and then disappoint me in the same sentence...

Lol. It was rumoured for a long time. I think it had gone into pre production but there's been so many rumours about Rocksteady's project after Knight so who knows.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I want a FromSoft Zelda game. You could have the mix of tools like we saw a bit in Sekiro to give the game that layered traversal/access feel that is a trademark of Zelda/Metroid mixed with the character progression/gear variety in Souls/BOTW. Likelihood? Anything is possible, but I don't we'll ever see it.

Mar 29, 2018
I think most games which could exist probably will at some point in the many decades or centuries of such media ahead

The exception is games which were powered by a singular auter... Like the Metal Gear series

I pretty confident think we'll never get another proper MGS game - and while the series absolutely has run its course, seeing a wrap up of MGSV's loose ends would be brilliant

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Marvel fighting game without Capcom, and with a more grounded, Street Fighter-like gameplay. Marvel will absolutely never escape the MvC prison ;(

Demyx

Jan 8, 2018
Seconding Final Fantasy Tactics 2 and Chrono Break, and adding...

TWEWY 2: We keep getting little teases that this might be on the table and then nothing.

Rhythm Heaven for Switch: Seems like it should be a no-brainer, but I've heard that one of the main driving forces behind this series became seriously ill.

Stardew Valley 2: Given how long it's taken to get even small patches out, and the fact that the dev is also working on something new, I'm not going to hold my breath.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I want SMTV to be hero-and-heroine in a post-apocalyptic Tokyo brooding about the folly of civilization and the horror of any "correction" to that folly. I want them to take after the roles of MT1-SMT2 hero/heroine: hero=tanky physical attack demon-summoning monster and heroine=healing, charming, and zapping monster. I want them both to be controllable party members. I also don't want them to be chatty, over-emoting anime characters. I wouldn't mind romantic overtones done right but I particularly don't want the heroine to be constantly expressing to the player how much she wants the hero to bone her (which is 99% likely how any romantic overtones would be done).

I have a particular dream premise for Metroid in the back of my head that is totally never going to happen, not even close.

I want a DQ VII-esque, Star Trek-esque space faring RPG.

I want a visual novel/adventure game dealing with politics in a Confucian(esque) court. Just full of tragedy, deceit, dishonesty, sophistry, betrayal, and failure to achieve all in the context of a politics funneled through ill-fitting formalisms (where the ends showcase just how false this formalism is).

I want the JRPG I've been dreaming up since childhood to be real.

Jan 19, 2018
Mario Kart x Onrush x Forza Horizon
  • Driving is Mario Kart, items and all.
  • Open world hub like Forza, but scaled down (Mushroom Kingdom? Yoshi's Island? etc) with tons of stuff to find and explore, challenges, like Horizon basically. Maybe 32 players?
  • Online modes like Onrush + regular racing

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
A good MMO, that's fully completed with meaningful content and story and world.
I'm just sick and tired of early access shit that just doesn't work.

Something similar to Classic WoW (its hitting those hitch real good) base on a different franchise. It's fun to see thing in a different perspective.
Something like a league/Dota mmo. There's just so much lore on both those franchise, i'm sure there could be awesome stuff to build appon.

Have existing Champion/Heros around the world. Build classes with iconic League/Dota abilities.

I don't know it just seems logical

Nov 23, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake was always my dream game and it exists. <3

As for games that currently don't exist, it's either a Chrono Trigger remake or a new Chrono game. Closely followed by a Xenogears remake for Switch via Monolith Soft and Square Enix

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
A Yoko Taro game with a good dev team and Akihiko Yo-oh wait that already happened, dreams can come true sometimes i guess

Valkyrie Profile Hrist. Keep the VP2 battle system but bring back the Einherjar vignettes like in the first game. They have a proposal for a new game shelved somewhere at tri-ace but it doesn't look all that likely. Square-Enix doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in the studio because they said that maybe they'd consider making a new Star Ocean, but said it was more likely if it wasn't tri-ace making it.

Oct 25, 2017
A FromSoft sci-fi game, in which you explore derelict spaceships and the ruins of ancient alien civilizations.

Do it, Miyazaki.

Last edited:

Nyx

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Reboot)

Probability : 5/10

Firaxis has the license I guess and why shouldnt they? The original game (1986) is groundbreaking and many people agree I've noticed since the internet. ;)

Transformers Fighterz (ArcSys)

Probability : 1/10

30ish G1 Transformers battling it out in an ArcSys 2D fighter like Dragonball Fighterz or Guilty Gear, in native 4K at 60 FPS.

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
A new FIFA Street game (probability : 10%)

-----

Skate 4 (probability : 6%)

-----

New 2D or 3D Rayman game (probability : 15%)

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Silent Hill (or Silent Hillesque) VR game that customizes itself to your deepest fears. Pretty much the game from that episode of Black Mirror.

100%.
I have faith.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Grim Dawn on PS4

Path of Exile was originally Xbox One only and a PS4 version of that was my previous dream game. Likelihood is pretty good I think.

Manwell

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Advance Wars Dual Strike 2 ... or really any new game in the series. IS seems way too busy now that Fire Emblem is big so the chances for a new game are slim.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've said it in every thread like this but:

Persona: X-Men (Xavier's School with mutants and a social aspect with a good RPG system and fun story)

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And if Rocksteady did it...man...what a treat that would be.

Yeah I was born in '83 so Ninja Turtles was my shit as an 8-10 year old. I was obsessed. Once I saw the original 'dark' more Batman like artstyles I've always wanted a game like that.

I think it comes down to the fact that TMNT is an IP that appeals massively to kids so they'll never use that artstyle or make a very realistic, violent game.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
Treasure gets the band back together for one last heist and makes Sin & Punishment 3.
It's a bit difficult to top the absurd heights of the first two games (such as fighting a planet), but the lore of them points to an ultimate confrontation with God, so that would just about do it.

As for likelihood? Well, 2 happened, so you never know.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah I was born in '83 so Ninja Turtles was my shit as an 8-10 year old. I was obsessed. Once I saw the original 'dark' more Batman like artstyles I've always wanted a game like that.

I think it comes down to the fact that TMNT is an IP that appeals massively to kids so they'll never use that artstyle or make a very realistic, violent game.

I was very much in the same boat as a kid. I couldn't believe the TMNT arcade port on the NES was possible until I had it in my hands.

You should check out the OG comics from the early 80's if you haven't already.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
Devil May Cry x Bayonetta
A sequel to Transformers: Devastation
A proper sequel to the original Quake.
Ninja Gaiden 4
Capcom Vs. SNK 3