cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Do you really have to specify "fictional"?

Ok, fine:

Haku from Spirited Away.

2fb83eafc378887d3965850020ab61e6a21a8ea0_hq.gif

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
51XY90Ui-WL.jpg

Temeraire, from Naomi Novik's series about the Napoleonic Era where dragons are commonplace and are manned by crews ala ships of the line. The series is amazing and Temeraire himself is a wonderful character - I can't recommend it enough to fans of fantasy, historical fiction, and/or seafaring novels in the Aubrey/Maturin vein.

That said, I also second the love of Lockheed from the X-Men.

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
King Ghidorah, Godzilla's three headed nemesis.

Yu-Gi-Oh had some cool dragons too, the Blue Eyes White Dragon, the edgier Red Eyes Black Dragon, and Cyber Dragon are all great.

A more interesting question would have been about our favorite non fictional dragons.

Piff the Magic Dragon obviously.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Ninian, aka Roy's real mom.

In b4 "wait, she's a dragon?! SPOILERS"

She and her twin have magic powers and weird colored hair. What exactly did you think she was?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Best dragons are cyborg space dragons.

latest

latest

Mecha King Ghidora and Meta Ridley, respectively.

iworkatjunes

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing Twitch streamer and bitcoin enthusiast "mahwee", formerly Kenny "the Dragon" and now just Kenny "the pig".

Truly one of a kind.

PieShark

Oct 25, 2017
Probably have to go with Toothless, but...

51XY90Ui-WL.jpg

Temeraire, from Naomi Novik's series about the Napoleonic Era where dragons are commonplace and are manned by crews ala ships of the line. The series is amazing and Temeraire himself is a wonderful character - I can't recommend it enough to fans of fantasy, historical fiction, and/or seafaring novels in the Aubrey/Maturin vein.

...Temeraire is up there too! Nice to someone else who has read this series.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
latest

Ancalagon (Rushing Jaws) from the LotR universe. Dude was as big as a mountain and had the hottest flame of all dragons.

Ancalagon The Black was the largest and most powerful dragon in Middle Earth history.

For some perspective on this image:

- You can see 'normal' dragons on the right side of the image, shooting fireballs
- That blue streak is a magical flying elf ship popping a super speed u-turn (I want to say it's Elrond's dads ship but may be wrong)
- Those three flying things next to the ship are great eagles

Ancalagon was incomprehensibly massive.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this fat fuck?

That's Org. He's the biggest and the bravest of heart.
Then there's Kessie, so shy but very smart.
And Zack and Wheezy they're oh so fun, cause you know two heads are better than one.

im a 25 year old male who hasnt thought about this ip in more than a dozen years. how do i remember the words to this theme.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
How does it feeeeeeeeel, Seath...

to be a.. bitch?

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
as opposed to a real one?

glaurung is clearly the best.

Do you really have to specify "fictional"?

Ok, fine:

Haku from Spirited Away.

2fb83eafc378887d3965850020ab61e6a21a8ea0_hq.gif

OP, so they're non-fictional dragons lol?
I just think it would have been weird to title the thread "Your favorite dragon?" as if they are real things.
A more interesting question would have been about our favorite non fictional dragons.
how long would that thread have lasted

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I doubt many will know who I am talking about but Cyan Bloodbane from the Dragonlance novels. He was a right evil fucker, known more for his trickery than the traditional things dragons are known for.

Smaug close second because he's Smaug.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017