Book One

Oct 25, 2017
uhh...spoilers I guess.

Reading that Green Goblin thread reminded me how much I liked his death scene and got me thinking about some other good ones. Doesn't have to be a death, a defeat is fine too

there's the classic Happy Trails, Hans

Neo realizes he's The One to kick Agent Smith's ass (well one of them anyway)

Honorable mention to (though I guess it depends on what cut of the movie you're watching whether or not this is a death?) how Superman dispatches Zod and his crew at the end of Superman 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Rq1TlbFWY&t=114s

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
District 9: Dude gets mauled by Prawn, has head ripped off then eaten by one.
Terminator 1: The fakeout deaths for the Terminator really speaks to what an unstoppable force he is. Even when he's dying he still manages to feel threatening and unstoppable.
Total Recall: Surface of Mars, eyeballs a-poppin'
Black Panther: Registers on a lot of levels emotionally and leaves you feeling pretty conflicted. Damn good stuff.
MacGruber: Thrown off a cliff, shot at, blown up then pissed on.
Jurassic Park: Newman's death was damn near unwatchable for me as a child and the image of the Dilophasaur in the Jeep haunted my nightmares for years.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

latest

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw III had a very powerful sendoff for the main villain of the series (Jigsaw) and his accomplice Amanda, leaving many questions open of course. I mean, how more badass can it be? Jigsaw gets his throat cut with a circular blade. This then causes a chain reaction which traps Jeff "the good guy" in a room with him with no escape (after basically killing Amanda, too), with the guy's daughter also trapped in an unknown location that only the serial killer knew. He died having the last laugh for sure. Of course, they kinda retconned this in Saw IV/V where a further accomplice seemed to know the location of the kid, and a detective finding his way into that room (so much for it being an unescapeable trap). Of course, joke's on him, Jeff gets shot literally minutes after the ending of Saw III in the sequel's ending, as it turns out that both movies happened at the same time.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The death of Commodus in Gladiator always felt really satisfying as a tale of revenge. He suffered in the most public arena after still trying to cheat his way to winning the fight.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Oh well yeah, came here to say Green Goblin in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man.
Another villain from super hero movie is Killmanger in Black Panther. His last words are beautiful.

Also the corporate guy in Robocop. "You're fired !" And the last shot right after that is awesome. "My name's Murphy".

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Hans was my pick when I saw the thread title. He also ensured a long trend of bad guys falling to their deaths for years afterwards.

So I'll go with this:

2016%2F01%2F08%2Fc4%2FRoyBatty.47308.jpg

Is Roy really a villain?

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Always loved Roy Batty in Blade Runner spitting some knowledge on Deckard with his last breath

Edit: beaten by literally a second haha

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
0870fd588adb5d6dfb4a128b0ca7506b.jpg

The Kurgan from Highlander for me. This is a guy who had a real good time being defeated.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Immortan Joe in Fury Road
Alonzo Harris in Training Day
Roy Batty in Blade Runner
Sauron in ROTK
Voldemort in Deathly Hallows Pt. II
Mother Gothel in Tangled

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Sean Bean in Goldeneye. Bond drops him a few stories, almost assuredly breaks his spine in multiple areas upon landing, and screams helplessly as an antenna cradle falls on his head.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Roy Batty is here, I'm satisfied. Not even a big Blade Runner fan, but that's a hell of a finale.

I really wanted to like Killmonger's death scene, because the sentiment was really profound, but the writing felt... off. Like, poor phrasing. Too many conjunctions and prepositions, made the whole thing sound clunky.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I liked the part in Revenge of the Sith where dear old Uncle Palpy threw filthy usurper Mace Windu out the window.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hans was my pick when I saw the thread title. He also ensured a long trend of bad guys falling to their deaths for years afterwards.

So I'll go with this:

2016%2F01%2F08%2Fc4%2FRoyBatty.47308.jpg

Is Roy really a villain?
This is my choice.

Also, Commodus' death in Gladiator was pretty damn satisfying.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, Roy Batty for sure.

I also liked the one in M:I Fallout, although I would've liked a good old fist fight were they both go all out before the end.

Oct 29, 2017
Also this, shit was horrifying when I saw it as a little kid but the scene is awesome watching all the Nazis get their comeuppance:

HardAbandonedChinesecrocodilelizard-size_restricted.gif

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Judge Claude Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre-Dame

He is saved by the very people he's trying to kill...

DearestWigglyIguanodon-size_restricted.gif

And he attempts to pay them back with...

tumblr_nc0jiz2Evy1s19gwdo7_500.gif

Then the universe said, "I'm sorry you were saying?!"

anigif_enhanced-5067-1406258348-4.gif

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Roger Rabbit is one that instantly comes to mind. I haven't seen the movie decades but it's still pretty clear in my mind.

Also the first Ninja Turtles where Shredder falls (or is thrown off?) the roof.