• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 3, 2018
Im replaying FF8 currently and just obtained Bahamut. Made me think of all the countless versions we have had and how they all look cool and unique on their own way.

I think my personal fav would be from FFX.

bd4b9d25ef8773e324cbb3bbfa55a089.png

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Final Fantasy VII having the 3 different versions of Bahamut was just the coolest thing, let's be real. Neo Bahamut was my jam back then.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
FFXIV mostly for personal reasons. It was my first MMO and the final raid tier had him as the last boss. It was the first time I ever cleared a raid tier while it was relevant and it was just an awe-inspiring encounter at the time.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
FFVII Neo Bahamut is my favourite, though I really liked FFXV Bahamut especially in that Insomnia scenen, so stylish.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Bahamut Zero (One of my inspirations for my username) from FFVII

Bahamut from FFX

Bahamut from FFXV is awesome too despite what happened to him at the end of the game lol.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
The Bahamut from Final Fantasy XV has certainly stuck out to me.
latest

Though I just really like that his wings are a bunch of swords,
and I'm always a fan of anyone that uses summon swords.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Ff8 was mine liked his sleek design

The 1St and 2Nd level bahamut from 7 also too

X is the most classy looking imo

Can't remember others atm

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
IX and XI. Easily.

Bahamut in XI has the added bonus of being a direct part of maybe the single best storyline in a game packed with amazing storylines.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Bahamut ZERO

latest

He's like the ultimate evolution of Bahamut. He's leveled up to a galactic scale. ZERO (in all caps) is also an extremely badass name/title that lets you know he's a cut above the others.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe FFIX, or pre-FFVII Compilation FFVII Bahamut (before his new, complex Crisis Core redesign). Prefer my Bahamuts looking more like a "large dragon" with scales and plates over that of a Bahamut that looks like a giant winged Mecha with elaborate armor pieces that are overdone to hell. So basically, OG Bahamut (FFI) up to FFIX Bahamut. Bahamuts that look like like they could a kinda Gundam or ones that look sorta Godzilla-like (FFXI and FFXIV Bahamuts, IMO), nah, not feelin' em.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
I really like FFXV Bahamut but my favorite is still this one:

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
OP gets it right from second one. It's such a gorgeous model/concept. I wish I could come up with creature designs that look like that.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The Bahamut from Final Fantasy XV has certainly stuck out to me.
latest

Though I just really like that his wings are a bunch of swords,
and I'm always a fan of anyone that uses summon swords.

Once he shows up outta nowhere and starts going ham near the end of the game I was losing my shit

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I really like Bahamut from VI, V, and VIII.

I'm also partial to the one from XV despite the fact I don't like the one from X.

TBF, my feelings for Bahamut in XV went from "eh" to "cool as shit" when comrades became a thing and he uses Mega Flare

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
X and XV are by far my favorite designs

IX has a really good design as well.

XV's dragon knight design was so bad ass and was glad they fixed his ultimate in the royal edition.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
The one in the PS2 Itadaki Street Special is actually *really* good and I can't find a video of it anywhere on the entire Internet.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
All of them from 7-9 are my sweet spot. They get a bit weird after that (for me anyway).